Sudhir Pandey talks of TV,SGP & stuff

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sudhir Pandey on the changing face of television
Buzz up!

We have to admit that Indian television has changed to a great degree from the time of cable TV. Sudhir Pandey gives us a low down on this transformation of the small screen from the women to shows and lots more.
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next

How has the role of Indian women changed on the small screen?
It is good that women are getting better roles to play than in the past but there are some shows which I would not like to name in which women are portrayed in a negative way. In these shows the women are always planning and plotting and want to destroy the house. So yes there are some positive changes but also some negative things.

Is there any show you would like to be remade?
My favorite role till date is the one I played in Amanat. I played the father of the girls and it was a very nice story of a lovely family. I wish that show would come back on TV.

What was your experience performing at the ITA? Did you pick up steps easily?
We are performing on latest numbers and it was fun. Recently in
Sasural Genda Phool dadi and I had performed a romantic dance but those steps were old style and slow. The dance we will be performing here has modern steps. I will try to do my best.

What do you think about latest dance styles compared to previous years. How do you think it has changed?
In the olden days songs had meaningful lyrics so the lyrics were given more importance than dance. Even these days some songs have good lyrics but mostly dance is given more importance. Dance should not be added just for the sake of it. It should look graceful and suit the situation in the story.

What do you think of dance sequences on shows which wasn't a case in shows few years back?
Again I feel that dance sequences should be there only if they are necessary.

What are the other changes you would like TV to adopt?
In the past serials were weeklies so the audience used to wait patiently to see what will happen next. Now they get to see the show everyday so if it is not entertaining they will not watch it. It is tough to meet deadlines with daily sops but still the quality of the show should not be compromised upon.

What can we expect to see next in Sasural Genda Phool?
Me and Dadi will continue to be a part of the show. Both of us have decided to enjoy life and make the most of it so you can expect to see some sweet moments between us.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Sudhir-Pandey-on-the-changing-face-of-television&aid=2197Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago