Why always marriage????????

india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Why does a girl's life have to be only search search for ur mr right!!! this serial is no different-agreed drama is needed fr trps-but the potential is so much-girl's dad a rich sweetmeet baron-cumon u cud have shown dat u make ur own daughter a businesswoman , a strong one at that and continue ur business--but all ur worried is uske haath peele kab honge?????iFalling at potential groom's feet -despo-why torture ur daughter ??? this is the mentality then which way this serial is trying to conquer social injustice-same old plots and subplots!!!Grow up creatives-watch india's got talent-2 legless man such confidence-mind blowing-surely u can perk up the serial than the regular tear jerkerπŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yellow1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Re: business women (i'm not commenting on the dad's desperate actions)

I'm all for women working up the corporate ladder.

In fact next year I'm going to pursue my PhD in Business and Commerce.

Yet it may surprise you that I like to watch shows like this, even though the main goal in shows (despite what the USP rather have us believe) is to get the girl married.

For me, all that you mentioned is what i see on a daily basis so this is an escape. Something i dont often get to see.

Yes, work, life, and love, you cant have it all. So shows somewhat fill that void for me.

Edited by yellow1 - 13 years ago
Supremo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely .The way the father begs people to marry the girl is shameful....
🀒
It shatters the girl's confidence.

Supremo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
A rich businessman can easily make his talented daughter a business  woman.Instead he is desperate to get her married to any tom,dick and harry....😑
big_vikrant_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well as far as i could gather from the show i guess bhartis father has some diesease and he has only 8 months go live or something like that coz he once said that if i dont get her married in 8 months u know what will happen......
well parents always have this notion and dream to see their child settle before they die. thats a common indian notion. though bharti is talented and can live and earn herself a living, her father wants to get her married so that after he and his wife pass away there will be someone to protect and care for bharti coz he is quite unsure of wheather bharti will be able to stand on her own feet with the world always humiliating her. so he wants her in safe hands.......thats all.
but yeah in other shows too where the girl is fully capable of taking care of herself and doesnot have any handicap even there the parents try to get her married as soon as possible. there are quite a few shows like that on tv that i wont name. I dunno why parents in these shows cant believe that their daughters could earn her own living and take care of herself and not depend on a man for her needs. i wish there were some shows that would show strong, determined women. one such show that i like is jyoti on ndtv. she is someone every woman should look up to. there should be more shows like jyoti that will raise the self confidence in women
d.y. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well if the father has only 8 months time to get his daughter married then i can understand his desperation to get his daughter married as any father wud wan to see his daughter well settled and happy b4 he dies .. agreed that they belong to a rich family and bharti can def lead her life in a good manner but all the money in the world cannot take place of a family life but yes the way he was trying to lure the prospective groom n his family and then l8r begging them to accept his daughter was not right as this way he wud end up getting his daughter married in the wrong family which wud only make her life more miserable.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree w/ Vikrant_fan above.  In some of the stories, there are issues w/ the girl in question, which make marriage a better option than independence.  Bharti is one here for the reasons mentioned  above, and in the other Imagine shows, in Rakt Sambandh, Sandhya is blind, which is why her father wanted her married.  But in Jyoti, she was doing fine w/o marriage until she married Pankaj; after that, since she was pregnant and refused to abort, not marrying was a bad option, as she would have ended up a single-mom.  In the concluded DHKJ, there was no reason for Preeti to marry - particularly no reason to force her into a marriage w/ Suryakamal.  Similarly, in Bandini, there was no reason to force Santo to marry a man older than her father, even though fans of that show now celebrate their romance.

There are positive role models in some of the shows, but they are by no means the lead, and in some cases, downright evil (like Bhairavi in Jyoti).  In Bandini, Birwa is one such model, and in RS, Sakshi is (even though she married, hers was a love marriage w/ an office colleague, and now she has 2 kids).  But in Sarvagunn Sampann, Swara was doing fine b4 marriage, but her parents were bellyaching over her not marrying, and today, her first marriage ended, and she's now in a live-in relationship.  A lot of these shows would have done well by having leads w/ successful careers, rather than just be a wife or bahu of the house.