What would Juhi's father do??

taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ok after watching yesterday's episode, the male leads brother who was a bit mental challenged got me thinking. It seems that Juhi's father is looking for a well educated, from a good family and handsome man for his daughter. Someone basically normal. There is nothing and absolutely nothing wrong with that. But my question is had he been approached for his daughters hand in marriage by someone that also had a disablitity or flaw, would Lalaji accept??? Knowing and understanding what a family goes through with a child that is different from the norm, what would have his answer been? I am not saying that he should be looking for boys that are different like his daughter. But just a question, would he accept if let say tommorow, they come and ask for his daughter (the male leads brother) who is a bit abnormal? I am not saying different people should marry different people and normal marry normal. The question only came to mind because they introduced one more character with a flaw and also looking at how desparate Juhi's parents are that it makes u wonder. Juhi is much stronger then they think she is. And I hope they see that soon. By shielding her all the time to protect her...they are actually making her very weak to face this worldEdited by taral83 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
you've got a good point there

im sure that if she were a normal daughter they would absolutely NOT go for any male suitor with abnormalities, her father seems to me to be that type of guy

but seeing as how he is desperate to get her married of to anyone as long as she does get married i think he might accept any proposal anyone offers, disregarding how that male suitor is- whether he is normal or abnormal.

im not saying either that normal&normal oly/abnormal&abnormal either
im just giving my views judging on what im watching

i hope we can write these things without ppl thinking we're hypocrites or anything
im talking about the serial
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lemme just add that normally parents do check everything about the person they want to marry their daughter to, they would check his background, his work, his education etc.

they would want someone perfect for their daughter, they wouldnt knowingly give their daughter away to someone abnormal (God i hate using that word :( ) knowing that their daughter wont be happy
but i know there are some people out there who just look for a good character and not care if they have a disability etc.
some parents ask their daughters, let them make the decision for themselves
some women know that a good man is what matters in the end, regardless of their problems so they wouldnt mind
people with problems DO get married afterall 😊

to me it seems wrong in this case if her father wont think twice before marrying his daughter with someone who isnt normal becos deep down he knows no one else will marry her
this will seem like a last resort and that will seem as if she is a burden on him

and i dont like parents like these (but thats totally off the point :p)

Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeghaSRKLover

you've got a good point there

im sure that if she were a normal daughter they would absolutely NOT go for any male suitor with abnormalities, her father seems to me to be that type of guy

but seeing as how he is desperate to get her married of to anyone as long as she does get married i think he might accept any proposal anyone offers, disregarding how that male suitor is- whether he is normal or abnormal.

im not saying either that normal&normal oly/abnormal&abnormal either
im just giving my views judging on what im watching

i hope we can write these things without ppl thinking we're hypocrites or anything
im talking about the serial

Ya I was trying really hard to be clear with my views too. Its just such a sensitive issue and the forum has a wide range of members with personal lives. I would hate to hurt someone. So to everyone......if I say something that might hurt you directly please please please don't take me wrong....I am all for equality whether it comes to religion, color, nationality or disablities. So if you don't like something I said please just PM so I can re-phrase.😊
Back to the topic....yes if Bharti was normal.....would her parents marry her to someone that had a small flaw like her. That is really difficult question. Thus, that makes me think even further, that are people wrong to say no to Bharti for their son's hand in marriage. Rude behavior and insulting her is a absolutely a big NO NO ! not only for her for anyone. But if someone simple say sorry we cant. Does that make them morally wrong? After all, appearance is a part of loving, whether we believe it or not. I think Bharti should have been brought up in such a way that she was independent and strong. And if a boy fell in love with her for those qualites, then you can be sure that she will be happy. What her father is doing......nothing will ever be 100%......She might be better of unmarried then married. A boy might marry her only for the money and not love her. So in that cause what would her father do? This is way to complex....
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think that on the question of marriage - unlike that of  employment, since somebody - man or woman - is expected to take the other person as his/her life partner, and all the ramifications that come w/ it, one has every right to reject another for the shallowest of reasons, and I wouldn't hold it against them.

Thus, the  suitors that Bharati had would have been perfectly legitimate and within their rights to have said, 'No sorry,  somehow I can't get over that'.  While it might have hurt a bit, point remains that by declining such a match, they would have been doing Bharati a favor - after all, how would she be better off being married to someone who squirms when she's w/ him?  I do agree that the suitors shouldn't have been rude, but to an extent, w/o justifying it, I think it was provoked by the games her father was playing - delaying and talking about his property and everything, which they weren't remotely interested in, and bringing her out in the end, and shocking them.

So if the lead's bro had approached Lalaji for Bharati's hand and he had said no - regardless of whether Bharati was a midget or not - Lalaji would have been justified.  Similarly, the suitors who are declining Bharati are well within their rights: what is inappropriate, if not downright disgraceful, is Lalaji grovelling before them begging them to marry her.

Anyway, from the newest promo, looks like they will approach the lead guys house - I dunno whether it is to thank him, or to offer him Bharati's hand in marriage.
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i love the concept of this show....may it reaches miles of success....especially for juhi
d.y. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

the groom's family have every right to refuse as long as they r not insulting and hurting somebody's feelings

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
After watching how Bharti welcomed Dhoomroo yesterday, I think  she'd be a perfect dulhan for him as well.  In today's episode, Rupesh will  propose her for Murli.  I think Bansilal could salvage things if he did what taral wondered - ask if he'd be willing to give Bharti to Bansilal.  After all,  just b'cos he's a bit mental doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a wife, and Bharti looks just the type who'd be very understanding and affectionate towards him, while also being a good bahu to the rest of the family.  So I'm not sure Bharti has to marry Murli, particularly if he's even a tad uncomfortable w/ the idea of such a marriage.  And since Dhoomroo is taken care of  by his family, Rupesh's desire to see Bharti taken care of as well would also be fulfilled.
SoyMilk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Edited by desisangel - 13 years ago