Disrespectful society, but your own family??

taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ok I will start off with a πŸ‘ for the serial as it raises a very important issue in society. As someone wrote in another topic, people with a flaw don't need sympathy or support, but also need respect and a sense of importance. However, while watching the episode I felt that the parents of Juhi have also forgotten their daughters respect and importance. They have become so desparate that they are basically selling their daughter. If I was that daughter, I think I would be more hurt by that then actually people walking out. I wouldn't blame the suitors in the start when they were asking to see the daughter, Juhi's father kept streching it. Food, gifts, gold, inheritance he went to far in my opinion. Especially when they had no interest in it and only wanted to see the girl. I think that actually raised their anger. I think they shoudl be frank with them more then trying to cover up. Her height isn't something u can hide. They would have seen her one day or another so what is the purpose of covering up. Nevertheless, the suitors did act very rudely and my sympathy goes out to Lalaji.........I hope that Juhi gets someone that is beyond their expectation and doesn't need to be "gold" coated in order to marry her. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you. I watched the first epi cuz i was curious about what issue it is that this show will be dealing with. When i saw the part where Bharti's mother tells the servants to remove the furniture that Bharti uses, i guessed what her problem is. But what disgusted me was the way her father was trying to make up for the "short"coming in his daughter (no pun intended). Forget the attitude of the groom and his family, they walked into this entirely unknown to what awaited them. They were expecting a regular person and when presented with something unusual, they reacted harshly. But the way her father thinks that money and his reputation and big house will all buy his daughter a happy life...made me sick. What do they really think marriage is about and what a girl needs in her life partner. I am sorry but tho the show is attempting something new here, i am too disgusted by the parents of Bharti who have no regard for her feelings and make a spectacle out of her in front of strangers. So i won't be watching the show. Hope someone comes along tho and sets an example of what equality and humanity really mean in this show.
atifeen thumbnail
exactly....i also believe that if your family stand by you that is the best support that you get...I do not like the way protagonist's father was reacting...he should have considered that people who do not have courtesy right in the first moment...how can you let your daughter be a part of that family. Marriage is not the issue...the important thing is to make people realize the worth and you cannot get this by begging and procrastinating in front of others. There was a play ' Amber Dhara'. I am compelled to say that I have not seen a play as sensitive as that was..specially on south Asian TV. In that drama you can see how strong was the mother of Ambar Dhara...who not only stand by them but also made them strong and confident....irrespective of their disability. Having short height is a lesser problem then having co-joined with your spouse.
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Exactly. Agree with both of you. Money can't by a LIFETIME of happiness. What does Juhi's father think, that she will be able to live a happy life with a sister-in-law like Sita........Ofcourse not. Her own in laws couldn't say a word against her....what makes him think she won't treat his daughter a piece of meat. I was really disgusted. And Amber Dhara, was also a very similar story about disablities and how they effect one's life in this horrible society. But as u said thier mother was so strong and so supportive to them that not once did they feel like they were abnormal. And that mother didn't she ever worry that her daughters would never marry, she didn't go selling her children.......y does the whole world think that marriage is what makes you happy. Ya if that marriage is based on trust, honesty, love, care and commitment. Not if its about lust, greed, lies and cheat. Then it becomes a nightmare and a lifelong punishment. I hope Lalaji understand that. I know he is worried because after them there is no one to take care of her. But real life isn't like that. Y doesn't he teach her all the factory stuff. She can take care of it after ward, do charity work, adopt a child and raise the child and pass on the inheritance. My god y people can't think outside the box is beyond my understanding. Maybe god has sent her and made her the way she is for other reasons. To help someone else and make their life happy. You try once u try twice, but if people are going to come and insult her and leave like that. Make her so strong that no one can lift a finger at her. The poor girl was in tears in the precap. I wish society would open their eyes. both parents and outsiders.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i agree with all of you...πŸ‘πŸΌ

this is exactly what i think also. i really didn't like the way bharati's father was displaying his house his money & everything just to impress the boy's family so that they would accept bharati as their daughter in lawπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ obviously u can see by their expressions that they were not interested at all in his property. they were just wanting to see bharati. bharati's father was just going on & on & on... which was really irritatingπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

i don't understand how can marriage be the only one solution to secure his daughter's future. how can he be so sure that her in-laws will protect her from the evil world???πŸ˜• if she is so multi-talented & has so many degree certificates then why is she just sitting at home idleπŸ˜• bharati's parents should have made her strong & independent instead of pampering her, protecting her which makes her weak. they should have given her such an upbringing such that she would be able to face this world all alone...πŸ€”

they're so rich, they run their own business, then why can't bharati can handle their family business & be independent & strong. what's the need for marriage?πŸ˜•

let's see how this show deals with this concept further...😳
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree w/ -JC- and Vik Rocks.  I won't be watching this show for the same reason that -JC- won't - the way the father was stretching the introduction, and then grovelling before the suitors was just disgraceful.  While the rudeness was uncalled for, it was partly earned by the father delaying them when they had to leave by a certain time.  Also, the suitors have every right to decline a girl for any reason, however shallow, and they are actually doing her a favor by not marrying her when they're really not interested. 

And as Vik noted, if she has so many talents & certificates, surely she can find a job w/ which she can support herself - and I don't mean a job @ the circus.  She can either inherit that house and live there, or she can w/ her earnings live in a place pretty decently.  Sooner or later, she's likely to find a guy who genuinely likes her & cares for her, and can start building a relationship from there b4 marrying.

But the way the parents acted just turned me off, and no, I won't be watching this show.
Edited by Vrisha - 13 years ago
TIA.Tia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you all... and the thing affected me the most was the father's dialogue about her Daughter that she can also become Mother.. I mean which Father goes to such and extend to discuss all this things that too in fron of the strangers.. If I would have been this man's daughter I would have committed suicide out of shame
atifeen thumbnail
before the show started I have had high hopes regarding the theme...but I'm sorry to say that dealing with one stereotype they are reinforcing other ones. Having short height is not a problem...people do have short height and off course they do face negative expression from people...but at that time it is your family and close relations who stand by them and also make other people change their perspective or at least create a kind of pressure on these kind of people. I believe if you try to bow down once...you have to bow down always...so it is better to stand up once...for what you believe in..you should never put your weakness or weakness of people related to you in way of your principles because then even if you win...you loose....
may be some of you do not like my comment but let me put this.....the writer is wrong even at the first place...when in the press conference he said that they were looking for a short height girl but who is also "pretty"...what does that mean...?? O bhai...if people can see a black faced Nakusha, and co-joined ambar dhara, and fat girl in an other play...then it means that people are trying to open their mind...if they are provided with the chance. It is not the beauty, height, colour etc...that matters...but...the strength of character...and the way someone deals with these problems and keep his/her head up...to make people realize yes...I AM...

Naaz86 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree. Forget abt the society, when your own family does not support you, can't protect you, can't give it back to those ppl who are not only making fun of their daughter bt are actually insulting her in the worst possible manner, is a shame.
                       In the first 2-3 episodes she was ridiculed so badly by the ppl who came for her rishta, they called her names nd what nonsense, still the father begged for the rishta to be done. Its like they have to get rid of a heavy load. Is it so important to get your daughter married that you will get her married into a family which is so ill mannered, foul mouthed and the groom is just a puppet in the hands of that shrewd woman.
                       Today again it was so painful to see Bharti being treated so inhumanely by those losers. I have no words for the shameful act that was done. The parents did try to rescue her bt after the incident instead of  doing a walkout from the wedding to show their hurt and anger at being treated so badly not only by the groom's family nd friends bt also by their own friends who never came forward to help their daughter, they walked into the party again. So dear parents, if you want others to respect your daughter, you are the one who have to give her the respect first. Don't beg for her happiness, its her right. And married or not, don't compromise with her self respect.
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
agree with all of u about Bharti's father
the guy was practically trying to sell his own daughter off! is he that desperate to get her married? πŸ˜•
shocked by this behaviour

im more offended by that, if i was her i would feel betrayed and hurt that my own father cares more about giving me away to anyone like anyhow instead of choosing the right one who will keep me happy and who doesnt mind about her height

and all those ppl who make fun of her like that....😑 just watching it makes me feel sorry for her and angry at those typical minded ppl
this drama is so realistic, sometimes its too realistic and it makes me sad to know that this kind of thing does actually happen around the world 😭
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago