Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Please rate his performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:
  • 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Mohit
  • You are NOT rating how much you like his singing in general You ARE rating how well he sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings
  • Ratings where you post and explain your score are worth more than just poll ratings.

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1489785

Feel free to discuss his rating for this performance!
Edited by risingabove - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Note:
This song was from his album. It was a hit and it was the 1st time Mohit Chauhan became known across the music industry. A great fit for Round 1's theme.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm, another interesting choice! Pretty unique song, I guess. I couldn't get the mood of the song because I thought the song was kinda abstract, but the pitching and tone was in sync with the song. I still felt that Mohit Chauhan's voice was a bit crude when compared to his recent endaveours, and that there is a bit more feeling in his voice in his latest songs than this one. A 9!
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Fantastic loved it a 10 for me.
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
After listening to this song of mohit, I feel somethings missing in his voice. I really like Mohits voice, its totally different, fresh pahadi type voice. I ll rate it a 9.
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Let's get this started

Decent singing here. His high notes were not that good or polished. And his voice quality, though not that good today, is better than what it was 10 years ago. But yeah, singing ability overall is not that good at least in 1998. His high notes were just off throughout the song.

There were some good points. Some of his softer lines were well done. His "heeeeeey ahahahaha" sequences were also pretty good.

Overall, good. Lot of good points. But yeah high notes and voice quality were a little off.

Rating: 7/10

esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the late 90s came out with some of the best tracks both from film and indipop genres.And this can be counted to be on those lines. The track is nothing groundbreaking, but MC's voice is a pure marvel in this one. Given its short duration, he makes the best out of it.

Adding to it are feelings and emotions expressed throughout, which get better and better once the track progresses. Good background tune adds another dimension to this superb track, and so does the tonal quality and voice clarity. From start to finish, you are hooked on to this simple and understated track which has sadly, lost its sheen in the coming years.
But listening it, as always is indeed a pleasure and relaxes the mood, just what this song wants to convey.

This superb attempt gets a:

9/10.
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
never heard this song before too. Mohit has a very unique way of singing. nice song!
digitalone 33 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
it will be on top of the charts at that time in late 90's

the feeling of the song is amazing the feeling & the way he sang the song is awesome i liked his singing

& the new about his sing in is that he had a unique voice quality and texture to it which is able to mold all the songs in his way soo i like that thing

& about the song the song feeling is good, songs perfect & best song as i have said first also soo  & best song selected

but as i have heard many new version of mohit also in may new songs soo this is bit different from it but still like it

rating will be 8 out of 10
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm. I'm hearing this song for the first time! There's def something unique and different about the song. I'm not very fond of the singer. Have only heard a few of his hit songs.

His singing was very smooth and soulful. The song is very simple and beautiful (as far as lyrics are concerned)! I think he had nice use of his voice modulation. His sur was very good as well. Only thing that I felt that he lacked was more variations could have been added. Other than that he was great.

Final Rating: 7.5/10 --> 8