Arjun. First Indian Golfer to win on PGA, USA

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

What are your views on Arjun Atwell the first Indian to win on USA soil, PGA.

Congrats to Arjun for coming back from injury to win.
Vijay Singh the multiple winner is from Fiji ,by the way.

Arjun Atwal

Qualifier Arjun Atwal became the first Indian to win on the PGA Tour with a one-stroke victory at North Carolina's Wyndham Championship.

The 37-year-old from Calcutta parred the final hole for a round of 67 and a 20-under-par total as he avoided a play-off with nearest rival David Toms.

"That was huge," said Atwal, whose win owed much to a stunning nine-under 61 in his opening round in Greensboro.

"I was really nervous over that [last] putt. My heart rate was probably 150."

Atwal, who lost his Tour card in July, began his final 18 holes with a three-shot lead.

His advantage was gradually eroded, and, at one stage, he shared the lead with six other players.

Atwal, though, birdied the 16th to regain the lead, and as he teed off at the 18th, Toms, who had birdied three of his last four holes for a 64, was alone in second and hoping for a slip-up.

However, Atwal, who had led or shared the lead after each of the first three rounds, was not about to wilt.

606: DEBATE

He even had the courage to blast his approach to the last in the hope of hitting the spectators' tent that was positioned behind the green in order to get a favourable drop shot.

His plan worked perfectly. The ball hit the base of the tent, Atwal was awarded a drop and he made no mistake with his up-and-down, holing a seven-footer to earn the $918,000 (591,000) top prize and a two-year Tour exemption.

"I'm pretty sure it's going to be huge back home," Atwal said.

"My in-laws called my wife and said the coverage was just unreal with me leading."

Americans John Mallinger (62), John Rollins (65), Justin Leonard (65) and Australian Michael Sim (62) were all tied for third on 18 under.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Badhaiyaan Summerji.........Hindustani Munda..jeetya hai..👏
Summer3 thumbnail
Ah Blue Ice he was so badly injured and still he struggled hard to overcome all the odds.
Truly remarkable.

There are several world class Indian golfers now.
Jeev Milka Singh
Randawa

These two are note worthy.

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I hope he is faithful to his wife :(
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

I am sure he is.
have not heard anything contrary. He used to travel everywhere with his wife and they live in USA.
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Ah Blue Ice he was so badly injured and still he struggled hard to overcome all the odds.

Truly remarkable.

There are several world class Indian golfers now.
Jeev Milka Singh
Randawa

These two are note worthy.

Summerji...I don't know about golf a lot...just Tiger woods😆....but ek Indian jeeta hai so I am happy...
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

What has this to do with golf😆😆50 years from now when people will talk about a great golfer...Tiger woods would come to their mind........
Summer3 thumbnail
Yep
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

What has this to do with golf😆😆50 years from now when people will talk about a great golfer...Tiger woods would come to their mind........

Tiger Woods had a few round of golf practise with Arjun.
Arjun has a nice lovely swing and a very nice temperament ( I think).

Summer3 thumbnail
There goes the World No. 1.
Hope he can play better now, with the divorce behind him.

Aug 24, 2010

IT'S FINALLY OVER

Tiger, Elin divorce

Tiger Woods and his wife Elin divorced on August 23, their six-year marriage succumbing to the massive sex scandal that enveloped the world's number one golfer. -- PHOTO: AFP

WASHINGTON - TIGER Woods and Swedish model wife Elin Nordegren divorced on Monday, their marriage 'irretrievably broken' by a blistering sex scandal that has left the world number one golfer's life in disarray.

'We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future,' the divorced couple said in a statement.

Woods and Nordegren attended Monday's execution of the divorce at a court in Panama City, Florida, where they agreed to 'share parenting' of their children.

They have a three-year-old daughter, Sam, and a 19-month-old son, Charlie.

Nordegren's lawyer, contacted by reporters, could provide no information about the terms of her divorce settlement, valued in media reports at anywhere between US$100 million (S$135 million) and US$500 million.