::. Sugandha Mishra Appreciation Thread .::

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago

W
elcome to

She charmed millions of people from all over the world with her talent in Indian Comedy Show on Star Plus. She is not only a very talented comedian and does so good mimicry but she is also a trained Indian classical vocalist.

Sugandha Mishra forayed into music at the age of three. She started learning the music at a very young age from her grandfather Pandit Shanker Lal Mishra, who has been the direct disciple of late Ustad Amir Khan of Indore, Pandit Bhola Nath Bhatt of Allahabad and Pandit Narayan Rao Joshi of Gwalior. Her uncle, Dr Arun Mishra, is a known sitarist.

Sugandha did her bachelors at the Apeejay College of Fine Arts. A string of awards has been coming her way since the age of twelve when she bagged the first prize in the Open Music Competition of the Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan. During North Zonal and Inter-University Youth Festival 2000, she secured the first position in classical vocal and bhajan. She stood second in classical vocal in All-India University Youth Festival held at Varanasi in January 2001.

She bagged the first prize in the 7th National Youth Festival held at Hisar in 2002. She secured the first position in classical vocal music competition during North Zone Inter-University Youth Festival held at Allahabad in 2002. She again got the first position in Western solo during North Zone Inter-University Youth Festival competition held at Allahabad in 2002. She bagged the first prize in classical vocal music in the 8th National Open Youth Festival held in 2003. The state government awarded her Rs. 1 lakh for her outstanding achievement in the field of classical vocal
 music. In 2004 again, she secured the first positions in Western solo, Western group song, classical vocal solo and mimicry in zonal, inter-zonal and north zone inter-university youth festivals.

She says that her  guru does not like her dabbling in Western music and mimicry but in her opinion versatility is no disqualification. She feels comfortable singing Western solo and doing mimicry. Music, for her, is akin to "tapasaya".

Her dream is to be a classical vocalist.

We wish her the very best and wish that she wins SRGMP.

source : http://www.jalandhari.com/Rising_Stars/Sugandha_Mishra_1.htm

Edited by Ishan. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
|| Members List ||

1.Ishan.

2. someone999

3.Shreyacool

4. gopalbhai

5. Summer3

6. _DrEaM_

7. kingofdevil1

8. lifeztuf

9. musicmuse

10. ..suresh555

11. Gaganjot.S

12. Dabulls23

13. Westwick

14. kiti_g

15. Indradhanush

16. Elephunk

17. Connie

18. payel_roy

19. Backpiper

20.V
edo

21. kaushikbasu

22. Divya_kaldivya

23. --Rachna--

24. sabeena.20

25. kallu_be

26. har-i

27. mintyblue

28. kuhu.kuhu

29. diamond444

mind-googling

31. lunza

sunandshine

33.Nishita123

34. Simi_PagalLadki

35. ekta_salman

36.Shayari

37. nonu123

|| F
an'sCreations ||

Gaganjot.S

Vedo
Edited by Ishan. - 13 years ago
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have loved her singing ever since I saw her doing musical comedy in some show..
She can imitate any female singer! in fact, male singers too! Can't wait to see her sing for her team!
Plus, she can do comedy, so it will be more interesting! 😃
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I loved watching Sugandha in laughter challenge show, specially her lataji mimicry was awesome. She always had a good voice & the judges used to advice her to try singing. I am really happy to see her back. Best of luck to her.
gopalbhai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks people  for giving clue as to where we might have seen her before.

I was feeling like , i saw her somewhere in some  other show but failed to recollect.  She is such a good singer  too.  She is going to rock .
bratz007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
she was in the great indian laughter chalenge 4
_DrEaM_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ah! i just love her mega audition performance lovely voice and rendition !! 😃
kingofdevil1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
~changes~