shaika00 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Yeh Meri Life Hai!!
Shama Sikander: "I'll arrange for a love marriage!"

Shama Sikander's journey to the small screen was not a bed of roses. After acting in a few forgettable flicks and many commercials, she finally hit the bull's-eye with the popular TV soap 'Yeh Meri Life Hai'.
Today she's better known as Puja, bowling over the audiences with her pretty smile and her funny Gujarati accent...
Shaaditimes spoke to the spunky actress for her views on marriage, life and love...

Daddy's girl
"Actually, I never wanted to be an actress. It may sound clichd, but I never ever worked towards being an actress or modelling."
"Our family is from Rajasthan and my father has a marble business. So due to his business deals and contracts, he used to meet a lot of stars and celebrities as most of his clientle was from Mumbai. Finally, he decided to shift base to Mumbai. We started interacting with the stars, saw their lifestyle and were bowled over by the glamour et al. It was then that my dad decided that he wanted me in films."
"So, in reality he was the one who was the real inspiration behind my being a television actress today. I owe my success to him and, of course, my mom. I used to take part in dramatics and dance competitions in school and college but I never thought that it would become my profession one day."

Yeh meri life hai
"I was getting a few film offers. While I was contemplating over them, Vipul D Shah came up with this serial and narrated the story to me. I liked it and decided to try my hand at television."
"I always knew that Yeh Meri Life Hai had a different and unique plot which was so different from the serials which we have on TV. I really liked the role, more because of the Gujarati accent that I have in it" (laughs). "The character has different shades... comedy, drama and emotion. So it was a good and powerful role, to which I gave my best shot, and the results are before everyone."

Fitness fundas
"Actually speaking, I don't get the time now to stay fit and exercise due to my hectic schedules. But earlier, I used to go to the gym regularly and dance a lot. So, I think that's what is helping me now."
Buy Now!
Jyoti
Rs.5286($122.93)
"However, whenever I have the time, I do light exercises. Apart from that, I feel fitness is more about diet and the food you eat. I don't go overboard with oily stuff, sweets and rice."
"I have a fetish for sweets, but now whenever I get the urge to have some, I eat a sweet fruit, may be an apple or a banana."

Beauty secrets
"Beauty is a natural gift; you cannot become beautiful overnight by following a regime. It's better to take care of yourself and feel happy about the way you are."
"For my skin, water, for sure, is something I don't miss. A good night's sleep plays an important role in the way you look the next day. Besides that, I am also very particular about cleansing my skin at night so that it's devoid of all makeup. I also make sure that I use only the best quality products, be it a moisturizer or sunscreen."

First crush
Download Wallpaper

800 x 600 | 1024 x 768
"I was very shy in school and would always be hooked to my books. Also, I have always been smitten by the Indian traditions and customs. You can attribute it to my upbringing, or my culture, but I never believed in affairs and boy friends. I always thought that I would only love one guy, and get married to him only like a typical bhartiya nari (sati savitri)"...(laughs loudly!).
"However, now I laugh when I think about it. Life's not what you think it'll be. Even I've had my share of love and relationships. In fact, a few years ago I fell in love with somebody, but we couldn't get along well. And now though we're not together anymore he's still a good friend."

Belief in marriage
"I think marriage has changed a lot. Today, people think differently and behave differently from the way they would have thought 10 or 20 years ago. So, somewhere down the line the definition of marriage has changed."
"I think that earlier what mattered were your parents' wishes and dreams, and people used to value their traditions and customs."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tansha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanx for sharing..its nice to knwo bout her..