Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hope these video clips were helpful to atleast convey some idea of what meditation is about πŸ˜Š
^^ Do you meditate Angie?
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

^^ Do you meditate Angie?

I had started but had to leave it due to some other things that took priority. I could be wrong in setting my priorities though ! Besides it needs a disciplined approach and some determination to stick to a routine at least till one attains some degree of success in it when it starts getting natural and effortless. I keep planning to get back to it after finishing my task at hand but the list never seems to end ! The moment one gets over something else comes to take its place.  But i know several ppl who are doing it regularly and they keep reminding me to set my priorities right and get back . I do intend to get back , but dont know when
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I could never meditate for the life of me. At least not in the sense of what they say meditation ought to be. When I was in SSC our school organized Yoga camp to help us improve concentration and all that. They taught us meditation. They told us to clear our mind of all thoughts, make it  a blank slate and focus on breathing. When they say an empty mind is a devil's workshop – they said right. For whenever I cleared my mind of all normal mundane everyday thoughts – that empty mind got filled in with all sorts of inappropriate thoughts. Later on I was told that Zen monks meditate by picturing themselves strolling through a tranquil serene Zen garden. That works for me. Since I have thoughts of pretty water gardens and rolling lawns, I can meditate walking through those. I like imagining traveling through pretty places in the world – but clear every thing its a trip down fantasy land I don't think they want to teach you about in meditation school.

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^ good ol' fashioned sleep is better, rth.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

Oh I have already mastered the art of sleep. I can sleep whenever, wherever no matter whatever. I could sleep standing in a crowded local train or bus, I could sleep through a nuclear holocaust.

mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Oh I have already mastered the art of sleep. I can sleep whenever, wherever no matter whatever. I could sleep standing in a crowded local train or bus, I could sleep through a nuclear holocaust.

I sleep in skr's income tax class, where he talks slowly about how some client of his went out of the country for 183 days to avoid paying ta on his foreign income, and how some family bought reliance shares worth 1500 bucks and now have crores of rupees. And how some man used to sell at a 2 rupee loss to boost sales and then had huge debt and hung himself from the ceiling. I didn't sleep during these stories though, the rest were BO-ring.
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

In case you have gone through the clips (which I doubt) , you would have noticed it says that during sleep there is unconscious astral travel πŸ˜† Sleep is rejuvenating ,but not better , as meditation is said to be much more effective !

Originally posted by: angie.4u

In case you have gone through the clips (which I doubt) , you would have noticed it says that during sleep there is unconscious astral travel πŸ˜† Sleep is rejuvenating ,but not better , as meditation is said to be much more effective !

I read somewhere that this is why one should not have a mirror right in front of their bedπŸ˜†  The article said that when we are in our deepest sleep, our "soul" leaves our body and gets out for some time.  If the soul sees it's reflection in the mirror, it will be super-scaredπŸ˜†

Needless to say, I have a big framed mirror right in front of my bed in both master bedrooms and one in the guest bedroom too. 

Why in master bedrooms - because I do not believe in the BS in that article.

Why in the guest bedroom - because if it indeed is true, wouldn't it be fun messing with those unwanted guests' souls for landing at my place when it suits them - not when it would suit meπŸ˜†
Edited by Gauri_3 - 13 years ago
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: angie.4u

how did you know I didn't bother to watch them?! did meditation give you psychic powers? 😲