New tab - discuss the moderation?

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Each section has certain tabs like 'main forum', 'news', 'videos', 'overview' etc - I think there should be a new addition made to the current set of tabs in every section - 'Moderation', or if I put it in a better way, 'Discuss the section's moderation'. Because the problem is, that there is no authority to check the working and functioning of the DT in each section. Once in a position of power, certain mods wield their authority over the forum autonomously, without any basis or justification.

Hence, I feel, who would be better to discuss the moderation than the members themselves? afterall, they're the ones who bear direct consequences of the DT's decisions. This tab would only pertain to the discussion about the DT of that particular section. If a good decision has been made, very well, then they shall be applauded for it, and if someone feels that the decision/action could have been better or a situation could have been handled better, then they can post their queries too. Most of all, we need this tab so that the members can ask for answers. Mods hardly ever reply to PMs, and clearly find it unnecessary to answer any questions related to their own decisions, but members don't deserve to be kept in the dark. The best system is always a democratic and transparent one.

In a recent development in the DMG forum, all appreciation threads were transferred to the CFC section in a bulk. When the mods were questions by members as to why the decision had been taken and what exactly was each one's fault, they outright refused to answer any questions or make an effort to make themselves available while a huge debate was going on. I personally sent PMs to two of the mods, who so far haven't replied and it has been around one day since I PMed them (one of them also mentioned in the sticky that members could PM her if there were any doubts) I had a conversation with another mod but it led us nowhere. No answers.

Therefore, it is in interest of the members and the mods that this new tab is introduced in each section. Also, each mod should feel compelled to answer certain questions - if a major decision has been taken. Perhaps a penalty for the mods should be introduced by the GMs or the Admins incase they fail to answer the questions.

I'm not trying to settle a personal score with this idea, I sincerely feel that it would only help the forum to keep itself healthy. The DT on IF is so closed up and fenced from all the angles that members have no way to know as to what exactly is going on? We try to be patient with the DT too. But that patience runs out when we're left in the middle of nowhere and without any answers. And then the mods clamp down on us claiming how we tend to publicly bash the mods?

Vijay and the other GMs/Admins, please take this into consideration and see how it may be implemented.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-alimabi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I totally 100% agree with what your saying . Since mods cant be bothered to give us  a proper reason to why the ATs  that are not even problematic being moved just because one AT cant control their urges to bash characters every single day.

The DMG mods need to all go not one single mod except for preeti who is rarely there deserve such a position which they use to abuse their power.
Edited by -alimabi- - 13 years ago
funkybratz thumbnail
i agree with you a new tab should be formed where we could actually comment on mod work and appreciated their work if we like it....the fact that all AT have be moved with a sudden announcement have almost left the member shock and now we would prefer the mods to answer our pm...so that with a valid and a strong reason we could stop forcing them to answer us.
mimi0295 thumbnail
I'd like a moderation feedback forum!
It'll be nice to see how I'm doing 🤣

I think it's a great idea, the only problem is... bashing is bound to happen. So unless everyone can applaud and critique in a civilized manner, then I don't see why this idea can't be taken forward.

Yes there should be some sort of feedback allowed for the moderation of forums. No one should have full control and power to do watever they wish. And the feedback of the users of that forum needs to be taken into consideration b/c they govern over us.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I wouldn't mind getting feedback on how i am doing...
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I say go for it. 👍🏼
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Jess and Jot

you guys are doing a great job!

And ya

but can we put forth our feedback on moderation in a civilized manner? Should our rights to give feedback be curtailed because of a few uncivilized ones?

Moderation feedback is necessary to keep a check...who do we contact?

was I confusing?

All I know about is the moderation feedback in 2 sections- both in star one... neither did a great job