ansari thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
My journey has just begun: Sonam Kapoor

Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor has become famous on the society circuit for her sense of style. The young actor, who is still planning to launch a fashion label, has extravagant plans on how to expand her business. After Hrs has learnt that Sonam will be joining hands with fashion labels from Paris and London and Milan for her pret line to make it a global venture.

"I always feel that if you want to do something, do it big. I believe in taking time and preparing myself by researching and then going for it. That's what I'm doing right now. Launching a fashion line is a huge decision for me and I want to be sure about what I'm doing. If I have to open it on a national level, why not take it international? I will look at opportunities to broaden my horizon," she says.

Sonam recently saw her romcom I Hate Luv Storys get a favourable response as it clocked a hit at the box office. The actor says she as an actor is looking to experiment constantly.

"I did not become an actor to limit myself. My journey has just begun. I will do all possible genres to test myself out. I want to learn from them. I want to overcome my limitations as an actor by bettering myself with every single movie. I enjoy the process of film-making and if a film has a great script, I will jump to it no matter whichever genre it is. But I do have to admit that I do love romance. I have seen so many romantic films it's not funny," she says.

The sassy lass will now be seen in her father's production that also has her sister (Rhea) helm the project. The movie stars Abhay Deol and is an adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma.
Sonam, who is set to become an author soon, says she is a voracious reader but loves the classics a bit more.

"There is something about the classics that I love. I love how the characters are. I do read a lot and you can give me any book and I can spend hours. I feel the habit of reading is a must for everyone as it simply broadens one's horizon. It certainly happened to me," she ends.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dormantdreams thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh that's so cool ! Would love to see what kind of stuff she'll have in her fashion line :)