SR OS - A Tinge of Jealousy (7/19)

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Everyone!

My name is Naina, and I'm actually new to the DMG forum even though I've been watching the show since forever. So that's why most of you probably don't know me, but well I hope you like this OS I've written. This really has nothing to do with the current track, but is just something else altogether. I've had the idea for this OS for a while, and well I hope you all do like it :)

A Tinge of Jealousy (SR OS)

Riddhima sat in the coffee shop by Sanjivani during breaktime, stll dressed in the white lab coat, her stethoscope hanging around her neck. She always just took her break in the cafeteria at the hospital, but today she wanted something else, something different from the hospital environment.

She sat in the back of shop, away from the general public, where she could see everyone, but everyone couldn't see her, sipping her cup of coffee and eating the biscuits. Riddhima was waiting to surprise her husband who came to this store everyday, hating the cafeteria at the hospital. According to him, When you get an opportunity to leave the hospital, take it. Even though he had asked her numerous times to join him at Coffee Corner, she had always declined, but today was a first.

When she heard the door bell on the coffee shop ringing once again, she was disturbed out of her thoughts, and directed her attention to the door to find him entering with a woman of about her age, laughing and talking away freely. She put her coffee cup down and just stared, trying to listen in on the conversation, and figure out what the heck her husband was doing at a coffee store with a woman she didn't know.

As they moved towards her, she quickly buried her head in the menu card in front of her, not wanting to be seen by either, and she was successful. The couple took their seats at the booth right behind her, still laughing about something or the other.

"Sidddddddddd. You are so cute, but anyways, when are you coming to visit Tammy? She's been missing you a lot, and is really mad that you haven't even bothered to pick up her phone calls" said the woman, and Riddhima's eyes widened in surprise. Tammy? That was probably the nickname for Tamanna. Wasn't she Sid's ex-flame? He's back together with her? That too behind my back? She stopped her train of thoughts in order to catch further insight into the conversation.

"Oh Come on Anu. I just saw her last week. But I'll definitely try and stop by sometime soon, maybe even today" Siddant replied, his voice still holding the same happiness. "You know na, I can't tell Riddhima about this yet, otherwise she's just going to get mad" he continued, his voice turning slightly serious.

"Well of course. But you have to tell her soon Sid. You can't hide such a big thing from her. After all she's your wife, and she loves you a lot. I'm sure she'll support you" reassured the other woman, Anu, as she reached out and took hold of Sid's hand, conveying her support and reassurance.

"I will tell her Anu. I can't keep her in the dark about such an important issue. I'll tell her soon, but anyways, how is Tammy doing? God I miss her a lot" said Sid, changing the topic and trying to distract Anu.

Riddhima sunk lower in her seat after hearing Sid's words. The Siddhant Modi that claimed that he loved her more than anything else in the world, was with another woman behind her back, seeing her secretively, not telling Riddhima anything about her. Oh god. And she had fallen in love with someone to be betrayed. Losing love twice, that can only happen to me she thought to herself, as the tears welled up in her eyes. Both Armaan and Siddhant.

She abruptly got up from her seat and rushed out of the store, back to the hospital, hoping that work would keep her mind off of Sid's betrayal. An hour later, as she was filling out some papers at the front desk, she saw Siddhant entereing the hospital, a wide grin on his face, as he told someone on the phone "Of course Tammy, I'll come visit you for sure today. Don't worry. I miss you too."

However, as soon as he saw Riddhima, he hung up the phone, and walked over to his wife. "Siddhant. Where are you coming from?" she asked, her voice distant and cold.

Siddhant? She only calls me that when she's mad at me. Sighhhh. What have I done this time? He thought to himself. "Riddhima. I'm coming from the coffee store. I go there everyday. You know that" he said, taking her by the shoulders and turning her around to face him.

Her eyes piercing through him, she continued her questioning him, "And were you with anyone?" Siddhant was just bewildered at her questions. Why was she asking him about all this?

"Um…no" he replied, still unsure of himself and her questions.

Rhiddhima turned away from him with a huff, and walked away, her heels clanking on the floor as she stormed towards the patients rooms in anger. The audacity of this man! He had lied to her so easily. Not with anyone? Humph. I'll show him. I'm going to catch him red handed at his girlfriend's place. Just you watch Siddhant Modi. Just you wait and watch to see what Riddhima can do.

At 6 o'clock, Riddhima saw Sid walking out of the hospital, making his way to his car. And she decided to follow him. Let's see who this Tammy is that s stealing away all my husband's attention.

And so she got into her car, and followed Sid at a safe distance, making sure that he wouldn't see her with the other cars there. Riddhima followed him into a small apartment complex, entering a house in the far corner.

Seated in the car, she took deep breaths. Phew Ridds, calm down. It's ok. Just have faith and courage. You can do this. She kept on giving herself a peptalk, giving herself the courage to face the situation that was coming up. And finally about fifteen minutes after Sid had entered the apartment, Riddhima stepped out of the car, closing the door behind her and making her way to the same place where her husband was.

204. She stared at the number on the door for a whole five minutes, not knowing whether or not she should knock. But when she heard a girl scream inside, she took a deep breath and knocked on the door loud and clear.

"Yes?" questioned the woman who opened the door, who Riddhima recognized as Anu from the coffee shop. "How can I help you?"

"Um..woh….is..is Siddhant Modi here?" Riddhima asked, looking the woman straight in the eye and unable to hide her nervousness. Anu peered at the woman in front of her closely, dressed in a blue salwar, small black framed glasses on her face, she was definitely someone she had never seen before.

"Tammy! Stop!" screamed Siddhant laughing, and that brought both women out of their respective thoughts. Riddhima's sense of calm completely flew out the window as she ran into the house, bracing herself for the worst situation possible. But what met her eyes was another shock altogether.

She saw Siddhant on the floor being tickled by a young girl, a girl of about 6 years. "Tammy.. Tammy stop!" he laughed again, trying to get away from the tickling but unable to do so, as he laughed uncontrollably. He looked so cute there, on the floor, wrestling the little girl who was giggling away.

Riddhima just stood in shock, not knowing what to say or do. This was definitely not the scene she had expected to see entering the house.

"Siddhant...." she stuttered finally, regaining her voice and her thoughts as she tried to comprehend what was happening. Both Sid and Tammy stopped instantaneously and looked up to see the woman standing near the doorway of the living room. "Rid..Riddhima?" Sid finally managed to blurt out, his face paling as he looked like he had seen a ghost.

He scrambled up immediately, making his way over to his wife as she just stood there motionless, a blank look on her face. As he reached over to touch her though, she immediately moved back, shoving him away "Siddhant Modi. This is the last thing that I expected from you. Having a daughter this old and hiding this from me. What kind of man are you? When were you even planning on telling me all this?" she screamed, her voice filled with rage and the tears easily streaming down her face.

"Riddhima. That is definitely not the situation here. I don't have a daughter" replied Siddhant, his face even more confused at her flow of thoughts. Where in the name of heaven was she pulling all these crazy ideas from? However before he could finish his explanation, she ran out of the house.

Sid turned to Anu, "I'll see you later. I have got to go clear this up" and saying that he ran behind his wife, hoping to catch wherever she was going. The tears still flowing down her cheeks, her eyes puffy and red, Riddhima jumped into her car and headed home, not even thinking rationally about the situation, and Sid was close behind on his wife's trail.

"Riddhimaaaaa!" screamed Sid as he pushed the door of his house open and made his way to the bedroom, only to see a big duffel bag lying on the bed, open, and the crying Riddhima in front of the closet, grabbing everything she could and throwing it into the bag.

"Riddhima. What is wrong with you? I don't have a daughter" said Sid firmly, as he grabbed his wife by the shoulders who then struggled to get away, not standing still in his arms.

"Siddhant Shut UP. Just shut up. I saw you with Anu today telling her that you missed Tammy, and thinking that you had a girlfriend I followed you. But you have a daughter. A DAUGHTER SIDDHANT" sobbed Riddhima uncontrollably, as she clutched the collars of his shirt and literally shook him.

"Riddhima…Riddhima…" began Sid, as he tried to calm his screaming wife who was shaking her head and fidgeting crazily. Not knowing what else today, he grabbed her face and bent his head over hers, as he planted a mouth searing kiss on her lips, knowing that that would shut her up.

And he was right. That kiss shocked the girl so much that she stilled immediately, and looked up at her husband a dumbfounded look in her eyes.

"Riddhima. I was going to tell you this when we both had more time, but well if this is how you want to find out, then so be it. Tammy is not my daughter. She's Anu's daughter with some other man who ran away from her. The poor girl has blood cancer and we are sponsoring her treatment. Anu is too poor to do so, and she was a good friend of mine before this fiasco. I was just visiting her to see how she was doing. Riddhima, baby, I would never ever cheat on you" he spoke softly, his voice soothing, calming her down slowly.

Needless to say Riddhima was shocked once again and she fell on the bed, burying her face in her hands. "Oh dear God. What have I just done?" she said to herself. Turning to Siddhant once again "And she's not your daughter?" her voice a pleading, just that she needed confirmation that her Sid was still hers.

Sid smiled softly, as he threw the duffel bag on the floor and took the seat next to his wife. Holding her hands in his own, and he looked right into her eyes, the dark brown pools which he would oh so often get lost in, and answered "She's definitely not my daughter. We're sponsoring her treatment, and I wanted you to meet her too."

"Oh I am so sorry Sid, So sorry for not trusting you there" she said, as she buried her face in his chest put her arms around him.

His answer was a kiss on her forehead, reassuring her that everything was still fine between them. Trying to lighten the situation up a bit, he continued "So Madam, what were you doing in the coffee shop today? I thought you hated it" he smirked, as he pulled her away and tilted her bent face upwards again.

A deep red blush appeared on her cheeks as she smiled and immediately lowered her eyes again. "I…I just wanted to tell you something, but saw you with Anu and…."

"And so Mrs. Riddhima Modi was jealous, eh?" he questioned, not wanting to stop the teasing and let his poor wife go.

"Woh…I….I just misunderstood when I heard the name Tammy and thought Tamanna and heard you saying you missed her, you were hesitant to tell me…" she whispered back slowly, barely audible to even Sid, who was seated right next to her.

"Riddhima. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm completely over Tamanna, she was just a passing moment in my life. I love you, and I would never ever do that. And as for why I didn't tell you about Tammy's leukemia, well I just didn't know how you would react to us sponsoring it. That's it. I truly did not want to hide it from you. And next time, don't jump to conclusions Madam, even though you're good at that. I can't deal with so many heart attacks" he smiled as he pulled her back towards him and wrapped his arms around her wait.

"Hmm. Shut up Sid. These are all the trials and tribulations of love" she mumbled, placing a soft kiss on his chest as she played with the buttons of his shirt.

"So Mrs. Modi…what did you have to tell me?" he mumbled. Even though he loved the comfortable silence that had formed between them, his curiosity was getting the better of him.

"I'm..You…we're going to be parents" she said quickly, not knowing how exactly he would react as she let her grip on him lose, waiting for his response.

Siddhant froze. Did he hear right? He was going to be a dad? HE WAS GOING TO BE A DAD!!

"I'm going to be a DAD!!!! OH MY GOD. WHEN? HOW?" he screamed, a wide grin forming on his face as he looked down at his wife who was looking at him, the tears all dried up and her eyes twinkling with happiness.

"When? I foud out today, when I got a checkup done and Nikki told me. It's been three months. I can't believe I didn't figure it out though. Nikki was so excited that we both would be moms at the same time! And how. I think you should know the how, considering you are a doctor, DR. Modi" she answered, the teasing returning to her voice as she looked proudly at her husband.

"Oh Riddhima That was the best news ever. I love you so SO much" he said, before bending down to capture her lips with his own, and enter a world with just the two of them, and the love they shared.

The End.

Hi again!

I hope you all did enjoy my first attempt at an SR piece of writing. Please do leave any comments, criticism, suggestions, anything and do press the like button if you liked it! It would mean a lot :)

Thanks!
~Naina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gimzy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
🤗 Naina!!!!!!!!!  LOveddddddddddddddd it

Totally SR, and what i wouldn't give to have such scenes between my sid and riddhima!!!!

U write beautifully girl, i thought i was reading  a novel!!! it was a perfectly written OS, with everything in it!!!!

Do write more, i would always be there to read them!!!

awesome job 👏 👏 👏
nikita_88 thumbnail
Nice OS!

Loved reading it! Totally SR!
MuasamSept16th thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
👏 Wow.... This is a super awesome OS naina. Thanks so much for writin such a beautiful OS on SR n giving us something as wonderful to read. It is just so SR in it's essence 😳 😳 . Enjoyed reading it so much. 😃
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Naina🤗

OMG.....you scared me in between when you brough Tammy's name and Ridz follwing Sid....LOL

Awww....awesome OS. I truly loved it and enjoyed reading it very very much. I was like aww what's next.......all excited and finished reading it without noticing. Great piece of writing sweetie. Keep writing more and more as you have the ability to write and great story in your mind. Lovely OS------> keep it up👍🏼

punjabkudi98 thumbnail
This was a super duper OS!!!!!!!!!:)
indian_beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Naina,
OMG....!!!! I love it soooooooooooooooo much.....you should write more OS Naina....you're a fab writer... I love every bit of it....I wish we get to see something like this in DMG...I swear you and the people of IF should be the writers of DMG it will be so much better and interesting..!!!!!

Love Always,
Zarqa ❤️
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Enjoyed reading this

So SR 😊
SATHYA88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
great job-hope cvs also read it
AnnaNAshley thumbnail