Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rths thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
2 cents ,plz dont waste any more 2cents of your time replying.this way you are letting the person provoking you, take over you.

am i right samiya or sheeba or whatever you are.i know you are rakesh maini's ardent fan or give the taste of your own medicine,that you are rakesh maini himself replying.
in your poll too u never mentioned rakesh name ,plz play your tricks with small kids.

in your own words you are saying" you are finally  frustrated" to 2 cents?so your main agenda is to frustrate ,irritate and provoke the person who put their opinion?for more than 2 hrs.?

p.s:now I guess ,you have gone to collect some information on feeling and music on wikipedia
music is an art.........everyones knows that.
Edited by rths - 13 years ago
khisku thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sheeba - its disrespectful if you mock people.... you are entitled to ur opinion that sreeram doesn't sing with feel..don't mock the ones who feel otherwise.. as I perceive this post, it has been written to express opinion not to provoke/mock others neither to impose the opinion on others.. so kindly be mindful of ur tone in future.
xobile thumbnail

So lesson number one - Feeling is subjective...

Sabaq aisa padha diya tune, dil se sab kuchh bhula diya tune 😆

Different artists interpret feeling differently. What is perfect 'feel' to one person, can sound overcooked to another, and understated to a third. SPB has a flamboyant style of singing, which Sunidhi wanted to see in Shashi too, but Ashaji was satisfied with Shashi's more controlled rendition. Isn't this the 'lesson number one' which I was supposed to learn from the original post?

But in that case, Sunidhi is entitled to her opinion too. Just because lots of people do find Sreeram's singing to be full of feeling, doesn't mean that she has to agree with them. Feel is such a subjective thing, right? So a diversity of opinions is to be expected after all. Even on this forum, we have people who are genuinely touched more by Rakesh's, Shivam's or even Swaroop's singing. Does that make these people 'wrong'? 😕

If Sunidhi finds feel to be lacking in Sreeram's singing, then let her say that. It's only going to help Sreeram grow as a singer anyway. Sunidhi isn't using 'feel' as a way to attack Sreeram. OK, many people love Sreeram's feel - but that doesn't mean that Sunidhi should not say what she felt, does it?

On that topic, Sreeram's singing is technically accurate here, but it didn't move me as much as Uditji 😍

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B44_0-NDdqY[/YOUTUBE]

And Uditji singing the same song live:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHtdcr_Ny0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
sushrutapandey thumbnail
I completely agree that feel is a very important part of singing.But I completely disagree that Sreeram lacks feeling. It's ridiculous that they are harping on this feel issue. When Sreeram participated in the Okkare telugu song reality show, the judges(who are highly trained veteran musicians in Tollywood) constantly praised him for his feel and expression. Not his technical singing which was already there.

In my opinion of all the songs he has sung, there are 3 songs which relatively had less feel. That does not mean they lacked feel.

1) Lagi Aaj Sawan
2) O re piya( that too in the antara)
3) Jadoo teri nazar

Of these I think O re piya is understandable as he is singing an very difficult song in a  gala round in a competition and he had to concentrate on singing  in sur and rightly so other wise he would be like Tia.

Jadoo Teri Nazar was inexplicable. He was trying too hard in that song I felt. My guess is that he was affected by Sunidhi's comments on feel in the previous round and was trying too much to bring feel. Consequently it sounded a bit forced to me.

rths thumbnail
everything is said by the above poster.so thats it.
if feel is lacking in  his performances no one would have connected to him leave alone bringing him to top 5.
Edited by rths - 13 years ago
lo phir se shuru ho gayee..argue
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sushrutapandey

I completely agree that feel is a very important part of singing.But I completely disagree that Sreeram lacks feeling. It's ridiculous that they are harping on this feel issue. When Sreeram participated in the Okkare telugu song reality show, the judges(who are highly trained veteran musicians in Tollywood) constantly praised him for his feel and expression. Not his technical singing which was already there.

In my opinion of all the songs he has sung, there are 3 songs which relatively had less feel. That does not mean they lacked feel.

1) Lagi Aaj Sawan
2) O re piya( that too in the antara)
3) Jadoo teri nazar

Of these I think O re piya is understandable as he is singing an very difficult song in a  gala round in a competition and he had to concentrate on singing  in sur and rightly so other wise he would be like Tia.

Jadoo Teri Nazar was inexplicable. He was trying too hard in that song I felt. My guess is that he was affected by Sunidhi's comments on feel in the previous round and was trying too much to bring feel. Consequently it sounded a bit forced to me.

Very well said👏

Feel is very subjective...sur is objective. Feel can be brought in as another factor if nothing else is there. But when everything technically is present, 'feel' should not be used as a criterion to disparage someone. If you want the icing on the cake, does not mean you critizise the cake😳
fusa thumbnail
No matter what say/fight or do, Sree ram is the winner in the true sense. Couple of seasons back, Sandeep Acharya and Karunya were competing, Sandeep won the title. But guess what Karunya was the one who actually won in true sense. He made more name and songs than Sandeep.
Edited by fusa - 13 years ago
Music-Lover thumbnail
Originally posted by: mintyblue

Very well said👏

Feel is very subjective...sur is objective. Feel can be brought in as another factor if nothing else is there. But when everything technically is present, 'feel' should not be used as a criterion to disparage someone. If you want the icing on the cake, does not mean you critizise the cake😳

Very well put by mintyblue!

"Sur" - the objective part is esssential. I look for the contenstants demonstrate thier consistent hold on it. "Feel" the subjective part - and is in the "eyes or ears of the beholder" part - everyone is entitled to thier own "feeling".  I do not see "feel" part from a playback singer when I hear the music or watch the song on a screen.  When a contenstant is consistently delivering the "sur," she or he should not be heavily penalized for "feel" part.  I wish judges do not over emphaize on "feel" unless overall delivery of the song is bad - especially when most of the contestants are strugling to get the "sur" right gala to gala. - IMHO.  
sushrutapandey thumbnail
Originally posted by: sheeba1990

Today's episode should be  an EYE OPENER for the topic starter, who constantly accusing Sunidhi for favoring Rakesh for his Feel and not sreerama

Today both of the judges Anu Malik and Saleem have praised Rakesh alot. Anu malik even said that he will see Rakesh taking the Indian Idol's crown, and this time SALEEM HAS TALKED ABOUT RAKESH'S "FEEL" and praised the FEELINGS in his songs alot and salem said that many times even after so much riaz the singers cannot bring the FEEL but Rakesh has always great FEEL in his songs.
Shockingly Sunidhi was the only one who disagreed and she just made very short comments on Rakesh that "u've sung well but it could have been better"

So now plz stop accusing Sunidhi for being biased

and yes Sreerama does not have any feel in his songs

If today's episode is not an eye opener for you regarding Sreeram's "feel" in songs, then no one can help you.