DOTW: And after the Jungle Fever?

-Eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
We all know Duta is a lost case. The man can't even stop fumbling with the piece of dupatta Naku has tied around his hand. He will surely be singing "what a lovely way to burn" to himself sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

But I can't help but wonder how things will change for Naku and her family once he admits his feelings for her and brings her back home as his beloved wife. Where will her family live? What will they do? Babi, after all, is not only Naku's mother- she is her best friend too and I just can't imaging Naku being in this big house without her mother and, yes, her beloved little brother.

Ganpat- provided he resurfaces at all- can surely continue with his work for Dutta. But what about Babi? Will she continue in the kitchen? And if so, wouldn't it be weird to see her cooking for, and serving her son-in-law's family?

Or will we see them sitting all together around that huge dining table. Like the Walton's? A fake version of it, of course.

And what would Babi do the whole day? I just can't imagine her spending the whole day doing what most of the Patil's do, i.e. nothing at all.

Were will/ should they stay? Their old room or the actual mansion?

Another thing that popped up in my mind recently; what about Dutta/ Babi? He already respects her. He's a good boy after all, always respecting his elders. But after accepting Naku's love for him and his love for her the dynamics will surely change. I'm sure Babi will shower him with love as well. The love of a mother. Could this trigger something in his mind? Not only seeing the relationship between his wife and her mother, but feeling the love of a mother, the real concern of a mother Babi will surely display? Could it make him reconsider the relationship with his mother who he- of course- dearly loves, but who to us at least seems more and more fake as the time passes?

And on a lighter note, after being a "real" part of the family, will Sethji disappear as well to the mansion's own private Neverland, Narnia or wherever the kids of the family vanish to?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gp00 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Really good discussion topic for the week.

My preferences (please do not throw shoes, fruit, whatever at me, it seems to make sense):

Ganpat--I hope he has run away with the money, has since remarried, and is annoying someone else right now. He is best out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

Babi--My belief is that at some point after Naku and Dutta live as husband and wife, she's got to disappear from the house. It would be just too odd for her to be there. It is exactly as you said--what would she do? She came in as a servant. Now her daughter is married to the "saab". It doesn't make sense. Perhaps Naku and Dutta set her and Sethji up somewhere else. Quite frankly, and this is my view only, the characters of Babi and Sethji are backdrops for the show once Dutta and Naku start their life together. What would Babi do? Provide moral support? No, that will be Dutta's responsibilities. It's all nice and good that Naku needs her mom, but the usefulness of the Babi character goes down significantly.

Let's see how the CVs play it out, but the part I am most interested in is whether Dutta will bring Naku back home as his wife or as someone he needs to protect from Anna. Like the articles say, he will begin to be attracted, fall in love with her. It may take him some time to fully understand this, and hence some of the romancing may have to take place at the niwas! Good God!
sunshine21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 I  don't think that dutta will bring her back to PN as he is a man of his word and he did say that they will part ways. I think that even now though he is very much in love with her he is not willing to admit it even to himself and is straining the bit...all his frustrated outbursts at her are the results....I think if he even does bring her back he will only do so under the reason of protection from Anna's men. As far as Babi and co are concerned , they will still be very much in the picture, either in their  present capacity as kitchen help etc or in their new house with Naku. I also envision Dutta seeking Sethji's help to patao Naku ..Baji and Sethji will play a big role in bringing them together..... its all get more and more interesting let's see what happens 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Good topic Eva!

Originally posted by: -Eva-

We all know Duta is a lost case. The man can't even stop fumbling with the piece of dupatta Naku has tied around his hand. He will surely be singing "what a lovely way to burn" to himself sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

But I can't help but wonder how things will change for Naku and her family once he admits his feelings for her and brings her back home as his beloved wife. Where will her family live? What will they do? Babi, after all, is not only Naku's mother- she is her best friend too and I just can't imaging Naku being in this big house without her mother and, yes, her beloved little brother.

I hope they live elsewhere. But Dutta's sisters' husbands live with them then why not his in-laws? There could be security concerns.

Ganpat- provided he resurfaces at all- can surely continue with his work for Dutta. But what about Babi? Will she continue in the kitchen? And if so, wouldn't it be weird to see her cooking for, and serving her son-in-law's family?
I dont think Babi will be serving the family. I think once he starts accepting Naku as his wife he will be more like a son to Babi. I feel once Naku is truly setup in her married life(beauty revealed and accepted by Dutta) her parents may move out.

Or will we see them sitting all together around that huge dining table. Like the Walton's? A fake version of it, of course.

And what would Babi do the whole day? I just can't imagine her spending the whole day doing what most of the Patil's do, i.e. nothing at all.

Were will/ should they stay? Their old room or the actual mansion?

If they do stay on in mansion Babi I guess will prefer the outhouse rather than actually live with the Patils. This way she will stay within the compound and close to Naku and yet live seperately. Babi atleast has some self respect.

Another thing that popped up in my mind recently; what about Dutta/ Babi? He already respects her. He's a good boy after all, always respecting his elders. But after accepting Naku's love for him and his love for her the dynamics will surely change. I'm sure Babi will shower him with love as well. The love of a mother. Could this trigger something in his mind? Not only seeing the relationship between his wife and her mother, but feeling the love of a mother, the real concern of a mother Babi will surely display? Could it make him reconsider the relationship with his mother who he- of course- dearly loves, but who to us at least seems more and more fake as the time passes?

I dunno if it will trigger off anything. AS is very loving of Dutta. Infact more loving than Babi is of Sethji/Naku. What AS lacks is the 'spare the rod...spoil the child' policy. That might be a mistake or deliberate move as far as Dutta is concerned. that we will know later I guess. What I feel realistic abt Babi that when she feels her kids are wrong she goes all out to stop them. She will spank them if neccessary. I know my mother would do the same with me/my sister. I am not sure if Dutta will notice this unless AS is exposed as BH and then it kicks in that she never stopped him unlike Babi does with Sethji/Naku.

And on a lighter note, after being a "real" part of the family, will Sethji disappear as well to the mansion's own private Neverland, Narnia or wherever the kids of the family vanish to?

I dont think Sethji will disappear. unlike the other two kids he has been an important character right from the start. Naku is very family oriented...she is always involved in the lives of the people she loves whether its Dutta, her parents or brother. But Dutta is shown to be a workaholic. Only people he seems to have time for apart from work is his mother, baji and Naku. I guess thats why the kids of his family were never important. And thats why he missed his sisters boozing et al.

stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
well after dutta accepts nakku truely as his wife then :-
GANPAT - dutta should get him a job in his own/some one elses factory
BABI - same get her a job elsewhere....although she is nakkus supportsystem but still u cant live in ur son in laws house after marriage. even babi must be knowing that one day nakku will leave her as all girls do after marriage
SETHJI - school and only school is the place for him
all said and done i dont think dutta / creatives will do any such thing . everyone will remain under the same roof
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i dont think dutta has any intention to bring nakku back to PN but i think aayi sahab will insist she stays at PN as the pandit said that she is dutta's "raksha kawaj". And as long as nakku is there nothing is gunna happen to dutta. aayi sahab will insist that nakku stays and dutta would have to accept it cuz he always listens to aayi sahab... i think she called the three sisters to her room to tell them abt the pandit's prediction and to tell them that nakku would have to stay with us from now on...
And as far as babi is concerned she woyuld stay as a maid in the PN ...
Hessa85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
some interesting questions eva, but i need my sleep ..look fwd to replying tomrrow!
-Eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Interesting thought of giving Babi and the rest of the family another house to live in. I didn't think of that. It would be a possibility, and it would indeed save the cvs from having to come up with something. I would hate to see them leave though. There's too much negative energy flowing around, Babi and Sethji, even the oh-so-normal fights between Babi and Ganpat would bring some light and refreshing elements to the show/ to us.
gp00 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Eva-

Interesting thought of giving Babi and the rest of the family another house to live in. I didn't think of that. It would be a possibility, and it would indeed save the cvs from having to come up with something. I would hate to see them leave though. There's too much negative energy flowing around, Babi and Sethji, even the oh-so-normal fights between Babi and Ganpat would bring some light and refreshing elements to the show/ to us.

To be honest, looking at that sleazy, rotten Ganpat gets me all annoyed. It's bad enough that I have issues with Babi (my sensitivity to her hysterics and voice--I to this day hear that horrible sound in my ears--she makes me cringe.) And then there's Sethji. It's cute that they have a kid in the show, but for some reason, I never could warm up to him and that's not because I hate children. Matter of fact, I love kids, but his acting is oh-so-bad, really. I'm so sorry! I don't mean to be mean. So if a UFO beams all three up and takes them somewhere else, I think I'll learn to accept it. Plus, Dutta's family is freakish enough to keep us entertained, and to tell you the truth, I'm hoping for a new character entry into the show!
Hessa85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

ok ive been so caught up with the new entry ive just got round to opening this post again😆 personally, i still do not want nakku to return to the PN straight after the jungle track.  i want dutta to have the opportunity to miss her, or realise what her absence means for him.
once this achieved then nakku can live in the PN or they may decide to set up home in the jungle....i would love this too. but having babi and the rest of the family in the same house is not a good idea.  i actually love babis character, i think shes quite powerful in her role as loving mother.  this role was more apparant in the earlier episodes though, before dutta's entry. i still remember and love the way she went to attack More to save her daughter. i hope she continues to play a huge role in the show but perhaps living in a sepearate house.  sethiji...hmm not so keen on him. the boy makes me laugh when ever he makes those 'terrified' expressions.  that defo needs improvement or they need to develop his character a bit more to make it stronger.  like baabi he should not stay in the PN.  i hope ganpat just goes altogether though, hes been of no use.  i would much rather have jagpat becoming a more permanent entry into the show and playing a key role in nakkus life.  i have to say though, the patil family need replacing with more cheerful characters with more personality.  their scenes are depressing and i tend to skip them.  kishore is ok the rest are soooo boring🥱
Edited by Hessa85 - 13 years ago