.::CROSSROADS::. :(AR): *COMPLETE* Pg.64 :)

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey everyone! 😊

It's been a long, long time since I last wrote anything. Which is probably why I'm excited as well as nervous even as I type this, lol. The last couple of months have been hectic, to say the least. Examinations, followed by entrances, and then finally admissions. Phew! Now is just about the stasis before a new phase begins in my life. And so, one of these evenings, wondering what to do with the sudden onslaught of plentiful free time, this is what I came up with. I have no idea how it has finally turned out, but I do hope that you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Here goes...

.::Crossroads::. 

The silence that usually pervades the atmosphere of a hospital was suddenly broken by the shrill ringing of a telephone. The Nurses' Station being strangely unoccupied this morning, the ringing persisted till the caller eventually gave up. The hospital resumed its air of muffled activity, while two figures stood in the Fire Escape, engulfed in silence of another kind. Armaan and Riddhima stood facing each other, struggling with emotions too much for words. This had been their little sanctuary. A little corner they had made their own; a space that still echoed with memories of three beautiful years. The last time they had been here together was over seven months ago. They were here again today. And something was different. He saw her gaze turn icy, and it broke him. He could see the resentment, and the pain in her eyes. There were no tears. This had come too far to have any space left for them.

Riddhima : (in a low, firm tone) "I have nothing to say to you, Armaan. Nothing left in me to give you. I died six months ago, and everything I had ever felt died with me. I've learnt how to survive on my own by now. And that is the way I want to be. (A tinge of bitterness makes its way into her voice) Don't even think, for a second that I still...(falters, drops her gaze to the ground, then immediately looks up again) Your being here makes no difference to me anymore, Armaan. Main tumse yeh pehle bhi keh chuki hoon. I don't care where you are, or what you do. And you have absolutely nothing to do with my life. So if you will please...excuse me..."

It was too much. She couldn't help it. She had said what she had wanted to say ever since Armaan had come back to Sanjeevani a month ago. But the words felt so hollow and worthless...And she knew her eyes would give her away. She made her way out into the corridor before he saw the tears, leaving him standing absolutely still, like in a trance.

Armaan had not expected to hear any different. But he had never imagined it would hurt this much; tug at his insides so painfully just to look in her eyes when she said it. He could feel his resolve threatening to crumble. This had to happen, he said to himself. She needed to let it out. But had she let it all out yet? No. What could he do now, so that she would? He stood there gathering himself together, when his pager went off. He glanced at it, and put it back in his pocket. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and set off towards the General Ward.

Riddhima entered the General Ward, a little hesitant and awkward after the scene in the Fire Escape. She had lost control for a moment. But not again. Armaan was her colleague, and they could share a perfectly normal working relationship. Yes. That is how it should be. She spotted him measuring the blood pressure of an old lady occupying the bed on the far left.

Armaan : (Sees her come, but pretends not to have noticed.) "Aunty, aap ka blood pressure abhi bhi thoda high hai. You need to keep it in check before it gets you in trouble."

Riddhima : (Walking up to him) "Dr. Armaan, Dr. Kirti ne aapko is general check-up ke baad Path Lab mein bulaya hai. So..."

Armaan : "Uh...Okay. I'll finish Ward 1 and then...yeah."

His pager was ringing again. He fished it out, glanced at it, paused for one moment, and then put it away. He resumed the check-up like nothing had happened. It had not escaped Riddhima's notice, however, and she looked at him curiously. It rang again. This time, he didn't bother even to take it out.

Riddhima : "Dr. Armaan, aapka pager baj raha hai."

Armaan : (Without looking at her) "I know, Dr. Riddhima. Thank you for telling me, but I would really appreciate if you'd let me do my job and get on with this check-up"

Riddhima : (Now certain that something is very odd. He's being unreasonable and defensive. She knows he does that only when something is disturbing him and he doesn't want to talk about it.) "Armaan-"

Armaan : "Please, Doctor Riddhima. Let it be. (About to resume check-up when he pauses and turns around) Besides, what's it to you any- OW!"

He had turned around carelessly, hitting his left hand hard on the table next to the bed. He winced in pain, and Riddhima reached out instinctively. Armaan looked up, but she stopped herself just in time and retracted.

Armaan : (Sarcastic) "Yeah. You don't care, right?"

Riddhima : (Avoiding his eyes and inwardly cursing herself for giving in for the second time in ten minutes) "Patient, Dr. Armaan..."

Armaan turned away. After a few moments of silence, his cellphone rang out. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, and with a look of exasperation, took the call. It was from the Nurse's Station. They had received three calls already from Pune Sanjeevani. This was the fourth, and it sounded very urgent. Something about his father, Billy. He turned towards Riddhima.

Armaan : "I'll...just be back Dr. Riddhima, tab tak aap check-up poora kar lijiye."

Riddhima kept gazing at him as he made his way out of the Ward. Something was wrong, and she could sense it.

Armaan held the receiver to his ear, and listened in complete silence to the man on the other end. Billy had suffered a heart attack, and was in the I.C.U. There was no one with him. They had found a copy of Armaan's hospital ID in his wallet, and wanted him to come to Pune as soon as possible. While he was listening, Rahul and Muskaan came and stood next to him, checking and signing some files at the Nurses' Station. When the man asked Armaan by when they could expect him, he disconnected the call.

Muskaan was fidgety. The Nurse who had taken the call had told them about Billy, and she couldn't understand why Armaan was acting so indifferent. Rahul had told her to keep quiet, but she couldn't help it.

Muskaan : "Yaar Armaan, tujhe abhi nikalna chahiye. Pata nahin wo kaise honge-"

Armaan : "He's in a hospital, Muskaan, Doctors hain wahaan, mere hone se koi jadoo ki chhadi nahin chal jayegi. He'll be fine."

At that precise moment, Riddhima joined them at the Station with a bunch of files in her hand, making Armaan even more uncomfortable.

Muskaan : "Armaan tu aisa kaise keh sakta hai...?! I mean wo tere dad hain-"

This time, Rahul interrupted her.

Rahul : "Rehne de Muskaan. Chal, Emergency Ward mein kaam hai. (Muskaan is about to retort) Chal...!!"

He dragged her away. Armaan wouldn't look at Riddhima, and hurriedly walked away when she opened her mouth to say something, leaving her gazing after his retreating figure.

Lost in deep thought, Armaan sat behind his desk in his cabin when a knock sounded on the door.

Armaan : "Come in."

The door opened to reveal Rahul, holding a file in one hand, and a syringe in the other. He was about to speak, but Armaan forestalled him.

Armaan : "Dekh yaar, agar tu mujhe dad se milne ke baare mein lecture dene aaya hai to please, abhi mud aur bahar chala ja. Seriously."

Rahul : (Smiles ironically) "Agar main tujhe lecture de sakta na, kisi bhi cheez ke baare mein, to na mera naam Rahul Grewal hota, aur na mujhe is waqt itni hassi aa rahi hoti ki tujhe actually laga ki main tujhe convince karne aaya hoon. Tu hamesha se wahi karta hai jo tu chahta hai. Yeh mujhse behtar koi nahin jaanta. So then, tujhe main pagal lagta hoon jo tujhse wo karvane ki koshish karunga jo tu nahin karna chahta?!"

Armaan : "Beta tere bhi apne tareeke hain. I know you pretty well too, you know. Aur dekh pagal to tu vaise bhi-"

Rahul : "Achha chal chal...Main kaam karne aaya hoon, aur tu phir bhi bakwaas hi karega. (Walks towards him with the syringe) Ab chal, khada ho."

Armaan : (Eyeing the syringe suspiciously) "Kyun'?"

Rahul : "Fikar mat kar, I'm too young to go to jail for homicide. Kuch nahin karunga tujhe. Dr.Kirti ne kaha hai ki hospital ke is wing mein sabko yeh shots dene hai. There was a case of H1N1 in General Ward 1 jiske test results abhi aaye. Unhe pata hai hum sab ki duty lag chuki hai vahaan aaj subah se. So get your butt here and take the shot."

Armaan stood up and walked over to Rahul on the other side of his desk. Turning his back to him, he lifted up his shirt, and Rahul injected him with the vaccine.

Armaan : (Turning to face Rahul, and batting his eyelashes exaggeratedly) "Khush, Dr. Rahul?"

Rahul : (Grinning) "Bohot."

With that, he left. Armaan turned around to return to his seat. But before he could take more than a few steps, his head began to spin. Reaching for his desk for support, he felt giddy and nauseous. Slowly, his vision started blacking out, and he collapsed in a heap onto the floor.

Pitch black. The silence broken only by the dull whirring sound of an engine. Armaan opened his eyes slowly, tentatively. Getting used to the initially blinding brightness, he found himself staring out of the window of a car, speeding along vast green country. This was surely the highway. Slowly, he turned to face the only other person in the car, sitting in the driver's seat. Riddhima sat looking straight ahead, determinedly avoiding his gaze eventhough she knew he had woken up. Armaan went on looking at her, bemused, until she finally drew a deep breath and turned to look at him.

Riddhima : "I am not doing this because I care."

Okay guys, that's the introduction, preview, or whatever else you'd like to term it, of Crossroads, my new FF. It won't stretch on endlessly, I'll tell you beforehand. I'd say about eight or nine parts should be enough to cover the whole story. Do leave feedback on what you think I'm doing wrong, or how I could make it better, or anyhing at all, really. Hit the 'Like' button at least so I know you've read. Hit it only if you really like it, of course, that goes without saying...hehe...Hope you enjoy this, and the parts to come! 😊

Take care and cheers!

Nandini

UPDATES :

Part One : Page 8

Part Two : Page 16

Part Three : Page 28

Part Four : Page 36

Part Five : Page 47

Part Six : Page 55

Part Seven : Page 64 

Edited by nandinidev - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nondescript thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
RESERVED... I TOLD YA ID BE FIRST πŸ˜›

Edit:

Hannah Singing: Can you meet me half way, right at the borderline?

That's where I'm gonna wait for you

I'll be lookin' out night and say

Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I stay

Nandini (Imran Khan Style IHLs): WTF is wrong with Hannah. I know she is a crazy Banana but this is the limit! I ask her to give an honest opinion and here the idiot is singing!! *Bashes head on table*

For the contrary, this is one of my fave Black Eyed Peas songs (although the vid is a weird) nonetheless I <3 this song!! And  your intro reminded me of the lines to this song :)

Ohk jokes apart I LOVED it! And no I am not saying it from a biased I <3 Candy perspective but I genuinely loved it. Trust Me :)

Kay I am going to work my way down from top to bottom and ramble some more. Don't know where the comment will take me, lets see. Ill try and make it long enough to annoy you, for when it comes to replying to it... I bet you'll then be wishing the heck did make friends with this girl :P Na na na na!! Teehee Love You <3!

A few lines from first  paragraph reminded me of Love Rekindled.... 'Fire Escape... had been their sanctuary' I dunno why call my memory crazy or what, but it reminded me of that part you had once written on how the FE was their sanctum and you had written a beautiful lil piece on it :) This was a totally useless comment... I told you I was gonna annoy you!! Haha!

You successfully conveyed the message you wanted to get across.. Armaan and Riddhima are basically not together as of now, due to some unknown circumstances which will be revealed as the FF develops.

Riddhima

Your being here makes no difference to me anymore, Armaan. Main tumse yeh pehle bhi keh chuki hoon. I don't care where you are, or what you do. And you have absolutely nothing to do with my life. So if you will please...excuse me..."

Riddhima... babycakes you know you don't mean that otherwise you wouldn't falter whilst speaking and drop your gaze... Look him in the eye and say it, then we'll believe it... well even if you did, I still wouldn't believe it. And there is more to come, more anger from Riddhima side... its left us guessing that whatever past they did share, something terrible must have happened to make her feel like this.

Armaan

I could so imagine KSG re-enacting these lines 'Armaan : (Sarcastic) "Yeah. You don't care, right?"

This is a trademark Armaan dialogue. I remember once when he said it, and had tears on his eyes.

And Armaan had expected her to be mad... really makes me wonder what had happened over those 6 months that had turned their relationship sour.

Sidenote: LMFAO- My Ipod is on shuffle and the 'Dill Mill Gayye KaJen Song is playing'

And that is not the only broken relationship, The father and son relationship that Billy and Armaan share... Something bad must have happened that had caused Armaan to react in the manner that he did, when he found out that his father had suffered a heart attack... Not even bad... something REALLY BAD  must have happened between the 2 that had caused Armaan to react in such a manner.

"I am not doing this because I care."- Candy Bananaish! I got it πŸ˜‰ I am pretty sure it is! πŸ˜› and the whole drugged concept I <3ed it!  Rahul took me by surprise white lying so easily teehee.... and then 'our ARians' Riddhima just put the cherry on the cake  with the  "I am not doing this because I care."-

The beginning was subtle... but the end part picked up pace like 'Yeahhhh baby' Go Riddhima hehe!!! 'Armaan you are officially abducted'

I can feel it already!! This is going to be road trip which I don't think we readers will forget!! Lets see which ventures AR come across and how they handle them, and how they end up getting together!!

This quote is so apt for this FF: 'Distance only makes the heart grow fonder'. AR were apart but really and truly the absence of one another in each of their lives just drew them closer :) And this is going to make it all the better when they finally get together <3

Rahul Muskaan

They returnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn <3 Somewhere in this FF, you must include Muskaans irritating laughterπŸ˜† and Rahul annoying her!!! Ohk you don't have to but I so imagined RM whilst reading their part! With Rahul breaking Muskaans speech halfway hehe!!πŸ˜† I <3 RM!!

Overall I <3ed it, because after what feels like a VERY LONG TIME... I can finally see AR. After all the crap we have been fed through that show... it is time AR rocked the house and your FF certainly does that for me :)

Right madam, I *scribbles out I* WE want an update soon otherwise I will bring the girls here to pester you muahaha!!! Calling: Ani, Bhavz and Veenz!! πŸ˜†

Once again *BIG TEDDYBEAR HUG* for posting it !!! I look forward to more!!

Love the new FF and don't worry I love you too teehee!!!! I told you I was in mischievous mood :P

Loves and hugs and kisses

The One, The Only Hannah Banana LALALALALA <3 aka AG xoxo

P.S Now my Ipod is playing Sadka Kiya and I just HAVE to sing a few lines

'SADKA KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... YOON ISQH KA'

Edited by Hannah. - 13 years ago
Riddikulus thumbnail
Bananaaaa...!! πŸ€—

Haha...you made it!

Now, I want a completely honest opinion. Rip it apart, if you want to. I know it's probably a little dull for an intro, which is meant to be what makes you wait for what is to come, but well...couldn't think of anything better.

Hope you like it...😊
anjie22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Nandini,

Sorry din read it at the time of reserving just reserved becoz cant resist an AR fanfic anyway... πŸ˜‰ Btw luved the part...Continue soon and PM me when u continue.....Edited by anjie22 - 13 years ago
bradford3 thumbnail
plz continue soon and it was really gud
khahani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Reserved

PS: I've read one of your one-shot and totally loved it <3

Edited:

Hey Nandini,

I've read and re-read this to get the feel of the Armaan-Riddhima here because in the show Riddhima (or rather the CV) has completely ruined the backdrop of AR and their relationships! However, after reading this I've forgotten all of that!!

The line 'I am not doing this because I care' reminded me of their first confession where Riddhima kept saying 'I hate you Armaan', but we all knew that it was an indirect confession of her love for him. Similarly here we know she is doing this because she CARES but the Miss high and mighty being the introvert she is will always deny it!    

I was laughing at the way Rahul injected Armaan because I knew something was cooking in Rahul's mind as soon as Armaan said 'Beta tere bhi apne tareeke hain...teehee!

The comeback of Rahul Musaak was really nice (in your FF that is πŸ˜† - while reading this intro I felt that I was watching an episode of the old DMG we used to love so much). I can almost imagine every character here, the dialogs you've given to every single character were so appropriate and well thought out.   

There is so much to unravel, like what happened between AR in the past six months that they become so bitter towards each other! Also what must have had happend between Billy and Armaan that he refuses be with his father at the time of need?  

Last but certainly not the least I absolutely adore the way you write, I'm actually in the process of reading 'Let live or let die'.

I think I've written an essay so am going to stop before you get fed up of my blabberingπŸ˜†

Update super soon or else me and my Dhanno Behan (Hannah Banana) will start spamming hereπŸ˜†

Lots of love

Nahida xx

Edited by khahani - 13 years ago
AR_LOVER thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
continue soon
and plz pm me wen u continue
Riddikulus thumbnail
@anjie22...thanks for reading! Will wait for your two cents!

@bradford3...thank you! And will do. 😊

@khahani...heyy...!! Thanks for dropping by, and aww thanks for liking the OS! I wrote just the one, so people liking it always makes me happy...πŸ€—

@AR_LOVER...thank you! Will PM you for sure when I update...

@Banana...yours, as always, shall be done at leisure...😎

Cheers! πŸ˜ƒ

Norz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wow awesome part
thanxs 4 the pm
Riddikulus thumbnail
@cute.arsh...hey, thanks! I know it's a bit dull for an intro...but I promise the next parts'll get pacier and better...hopefully anyway, lol. Thanks for reading! 😊