13th July - SidMaan & Others: We are only human

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

First things first....

Sid was the sweetest and the most vulnerable today.
Riddhima was the most tolerable today. Being a wee bit pati-vrata helped her cause.
Shilpa was the moral pendulum of the day.
Armaan and JPJ were the baddies of the day.

THAT IS THAT.......On the surface and in the current scenario.

Now, look back at life or even better at the life of these fictional characters. You, I and them - we all have been grey at some point or the other in our lives. It is not as if we never poked fun at anyone - it is not as though we have never been mean to our friends and enemies - it is not as if we and them bathe in pasteurized milk everyday. How many times have you had a good friend of yours tell you in tears that he/she did not expect you to say that to them or do that to them. How many times have you realized that you are crossing limits even as you crossed the boundaries. Haven't we all been at a point when having done the damage , we felt that we shouldn't have done what we did?

When we were made a butt of jokes by our friends or relatives , we wanted to hide in a corner and we hated all of them at that moment. In that one moment of mortification, we did not even want to think how good or bad they are to us , otherwise.

So, does that make us bad people? In the moment ' yes. In longevity ' no. At some point of our lives , we all have been grey ' we all will be grey. That is how most of us are. The pristine white species exist as well but you need some platinum luck to meet even one in your entire lifetime.

And so, we come to JPJ and Armaan today. Were they mean ? Yes. Were they trying to have fun and wag tongues at authority ? Yes. Was their intention to bother Sid the DO? Yes. Was there intention to hurt Sid's sentiments and honour? NO. If you look at the episode , you see that Armaan and JPJ were in the 'brat' mood to defy authority and basically take Sid's case as he had moved a rank higher above them ' happens ' another trait of human nature ' when your bum chum wears the crown , you do not take him seriously ' you just want to photograph him in all the funny poses. Throughout the episode Armaan and JPJ had no serious realization of the seriousness of what they were doing to Sid. It is simply because they were on the fun carousel ' bullying is a drug , you will never know the damage you have done until you see your target break down.

I am not justifying the bully gang of the day , am just saying how the brains work in that given moment. Pranks and realization have never gone hand in hand and they never will.

Armaan and JPJ do not hate Sid ' they are just unsettled and alienated by the position that he is in ' it is immature but it is natural if you look at the suddenness and magnitude of Sid's elevation to the DO position. Armaan loves Sid and we have enough history to back that up ' JPJ are thaali-ke-laddoos , yes , but they too have cushioned Sid at times . They may not be the ideal stuff that great friendships are made of but they are not fiends either.

Whatever Armaan and JPJ did to Sid was to the DO '. And not the buddy they love. Now, how is that possible? Well'. Remember the difference between The JLo and Jenny from the block? It is something on those lines.

And then, we come to Sid. Sid's love and faith in Armaan and JPJ is not blind. That's be insulting. It is honest and deep-rooted. He'd never believe that they can do anything bad to him. He is right. The boys would never do anything drastic to him , but they do take advantage of their relationship with him ' not for some ulterior motive ' just for some fun. It is terrible to see those tears in his eyes in the precap and even more terrible are the nightmarish repercussions of Sid finding out about all the prankgiri. Again, it is natural and justified. Sid was not expecting what happened with him ' it hurts ' he is only human , so I do see him spitting fire right-left-centre. It should happen ' he should let it out and let the gang know that it did HURT. This way Armaan and JPJ will get off the carousel and realize that perhaps it was not all that funny and Sid will realize that they do not hate him- he is still their baby. And this is needed for Sid to realize that a man should walk as per the shoes he wears ' Sid , the buddy and Sid , the DO are different.

I don't have much to say on Riddhima and Shilpa today except that Riddz' biwigiri for Sid was awwable and the laugh that she laughed on Sid's blackened face was innocent but' I think it will cost her very much. Shilpa's deep-rooted sensitivity and her sense of right and wrong alongwith her soft corner for Sid is such sunshine. I think she did not speak up because she was a part of the gang ' you know how it is at times, you are a part of a group and you hesitate to point fingers at them. Something like that. Love for Armaan is just seeping in'.. The FE scene in the precap just intensifies that.

Lastly, I read in some post that Sid is a baby or is taking everything too seriously. Well, not really. Under everybody's hard shell or marshmallow covering is a heart that beats , flutters in joy and bleeds on being pricked. Sid's sentiments got hurt and tears came to his eyes ' it's natural. And there is no shame in tears , why should there be? Outpour of emotions vary but we all put tear glands to use, irrespective of whether somebody sees them or not.

P.S- All those who thought that today's episode was by any means funny , please don't waste time on my C-grade post. I mean , c'mon dahlings, how do you expect my psychoemotional illiteracy to match with your sophisticated theories from Pluto?  Am not qualified to speak to you. I can deal with disagreements but am speechless when it comes to utter paucity of basic common sense and sensitivity.

Love and luck always,❤️

God bless everyone.🤗

Edited by Pocahontas - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ohms thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Such pearls of wisdom, your writing has always impressed me, but , I mostly refrain from commenting,  today you have bowled me with your sensibilities.

Thank you for writing it so eloquently.

Love your work on psychoanalysis.

thanks for the post!!
...Noorya... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks a ton Poco for ur post coz i was really waitin for it to clearify my mind😳
after watchin the epi i was really mad at Armaan and JPJ but after readin ur post i feel soo much better coz everythin u said it completely true!
Armaan really loves his buddy Sid and would never HURT him attentionaly..so by seein that they still hurt Sid he will realize that his prank went too far and will do what is need to bring our sunshine and his smile back! so thanks to u coz now from my side i forgive Armaan😆
and this is for ya🤗

God Bless,
Noorya
Edited by ...Noorya... - 13 years ago
-alimabi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
love yur post queeni👍🏼
indian_beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
gr8 take on 2day's episode Poco....as always it's hatke from others nd beautifully analyzed...

Love Always,
Zarqa ❤️
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Its a truly laudable post Poco,,..👏
I feel you should have the writer of DMG instead of the real ones..

Sid was,no doubt,hurt as he could not imagine his best buds doing such a thing which turned out to be worse than imagined,.,..

The precap really displayed Sid as vulnerable to all attacks from his friends as he could not imagine that Armaan,who he considered as a brother,could do something to hurt him,and that,too,undeliberately...
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely post Nitzooooooo👏👏........so very well put.....and agree with every word of urs.....

Today when I see these characters.........its such a mixed bag of emotions u feel for them:

Armaan n JPJ.........the good hearted ppl they are but yet in their greyness as u said are unintentionally hurting Sid's sentiments, his devotion and love towards them and his honor as an individual. They are simply not being able to come to terms that he, being an intern, was given this high ranking and its bound to make any sane human envious to such victory, esp. when it is not expected. They are not justified at all but they cannot be blamed either.......its a thin line there......

Shilpa............she was such a treat to watch and to see her sensitivity towards someone she knows is related deeply with her but also has bonded so well on human grounds.........feels u with so much cuddlies for her.....but oh well.....afterall she is also standing across from where Sid stands and its again simply human to tag along with ppl that belong in ur crowd........Shilpa was no different.....

Ridz...........ahhhhhhhhh......wat can I say about her.....today the Mrs Ridhimma Modi was slightly surfacing an edge over Dr. Ridhimma Modi.........today she was not so mad as yesterday about losing her post but rather more worried as a wife for Sid.......
However the Dr. Ridhimma Modi hovering inside her was still a lill upset for not getting that post as she sarcastically but cutely asked Sid if he really thot she would attend his briefing.......but it not coz she is jealous of Sid but coz she lost her chance to prove her ego .......mostly to armaan and also that she failed in her dad's confidence in her......and thats the hurt that surfaces when she sees Sid doing his DO duties in front of her......
Btw.........I agree.........her laugh is going to cost her much.......

Sid..............he is such a cutie I tell u......the guy simply has such honest faith in his friends that he could not even imagine them to be treating him like this.....and I guess its about time he learns that even clear glasses have capability to produce rainbows as well.....and like u say:

this is needed for Sid to realize that a man should walk as per the shoes he wears ' Sid , the buddy and Sid , the DO are different. 👏👏👏

very well agreed....wat happened today is needed for him to take on responsibility n maturity from his career perspective........he developed these qualities at a personal level after his alliance with Ridz and somewhere had always this sensibility in him about life in general......but he had always been a weak soul when it came to friends.........meaning......applying his responsibility and maturity on them in a strong standpoint was something he never felt the need to do neither did he know how to.........So these pranks will give him that push he needs and ridz's unintentional oil pouring will simply bring out the shining man in Sid.

AlL in all.............along with it being a test for Sid to grow on more on his maturity professionally and being able to differentiate between his professional life and personal life, it is also a phase for Ridz as she will gain lots about Sid from all different angles.....
1. respect and understanding as Siddhant Modi, an individual
2. pride and deeper love and bond as Mr Siddhant Modi, a husband
3. confidence and trust as Dr. Siddhant Modi, a fellow colleage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😳😳😳😳
Edited by sajni786 - 13 years ago
shivani003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Lol ur posts arent C-grade!!! They are very much enjoyable n creative
.sana. thumbnail
Couldn't you be the wisdom welfare officer? 🤣 Coz you're really good at making sense of something that didn't really need making sense of.. I mean, it's only human to make mistakes.. And it's only natural to learn from them.

Thank you for this, it was much needed!