Living in Pakistan or India

ARMaanEet thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Guys!

I am Pakistani and currently live in England, however I want to live in Pakistan when i'm slightly older and able to earn enough.

When ever I mention living in Pakistan everybody goes against it. My mum and I were shopping today and she said how you can't shop like this in Pakistan. You would have to send the driver or go with a guy. But girls can't shop like this openly.

And everybody always says theres no light, no gas, and its really hard for girls to live there, no proper health care, poor sanitation, you might get bombed, you cant go out on your own etc...

Living in India is pretty much the same as living in Pakistan. So I wanted to ask all you Indians and Pakistanis that if living in India or Pakistan is really that hard? Can girls have their independance?

Lastly, I wasn't sure if I could post this here, if not then feel free to close this topic. I would love everybody's honest reply and please do reply!

Thankyou.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beautifuldreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Well, firstly i am pakistani and i live in england. TBH i am so happy living here whenever i go pakistan i see the lights going dirt everywhere and i am like WOW i am so lucky to be here

trust me women have to stay home get someone to do shopping for them and blaah
they're not allowed out..
we should be grateful kay we are living in Waleet(Britian) People there are dying to come here
your choice hun
but just listen to yur heart..
yur family are right
just think what yu have here and wonder if yu could do all that there
just THINK
listen to what yur heart says..

girls cant have their independancey
i think

hope this helped
Love-MrsHarryJB-
ARMaanEet thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissSweetyPie

Well, firstly i am pakistani and i live in england. TBH i am so happy living here whenever i go pakistan i see the lights going dirt everywhere and i am like WOW i am so lucky to be here

trust me women have to stay home get someone to do shopping for them and blaah
they're not allowed out..
we should be grateful kay we are living in Waleet(Britian) People there are dying to come here
your choice hun
but just listen to yur heart..
yur family are right
just think what yu have here and wonder if yu could do all that there
just THINK
listen to what yur heart says..

girls cant have their independancey
i think

hope this helped
Love-MrsHarryJB-

Heyy thankyou for replying .. where do you come from in Pakistan? 

Originally posted by: ARMaanEet

Heyy thankyou for replying .. where do you come from in Pakistan? 

I Come From Lahore Yu?
ARMaanEet thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissSweetyPie

I Come From Lahore Yu?

Islamabad .. And I love the life there. I understand that maybe life isn't that great for a poor person, but when we go their for holidays, we love it. Don't you feel if you live in England, that you might lose your identity one day?
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Lol I'm Indian..and I'm glad I don't LIVE there. Vacations and everything are really fun :D
But you have so many more great opportunities in the USA, Canada, UK, etc
A r y a n thumbnail
I have spent almost my whole life in England and currently I'm living in Karachi, Pakistan.

Even though I'm a guy, I don't like it here one bit. I desperately want to go back. Your mum is absolutely right. Females have complete freedom and independence in a place like England. In Pakistan, however, they don't have any. People ogle at you wherever you go, which makes going out by yourself extremely uncomfortable. Even if you're all covered up wearing hijab, they will still stare. A lot of terrorism has been going on here lately. There's a lack of proper infrastructure facilities. Basically, life is pretty restricted here. Many people choose to migrate each year. Being a guy I feel restricted here so of course for a girl you can imagine it has to be a lot worse.
I would consider myself lucky if I were you.
ARMaanEet thumbnail

Originally posted by: A r y a n

I have spent almost my whole life in England and currently I'm living in Karachi, Pakistan.

Even though I'm a guy, I don't like it here one bit. I desperately want to go back. Your mum is absolutely right. Females have complete freedom and independence in a place like England. In Pakistan, however, they don't have any. People ogle at you wherever you go, which makes going out by yourself extremely uncomfortable. Even if you're all covered up wearing hijab, they will still stare. A lot of terrorism has been going on here lately. There's a lack of proper infrastructure facilities. Basically, life is pretty restricted here. Many people choose to migrate each year. Being a guy I feel restricted here so of course for a girl you can imagine it has to be a lot worse.
I would consider myself lucky if I were you.

Oh okay, thankyou for replying. See, people staring at me or not makes no difference to me. I admit it will be awkward but as long as I know that I haven't done anything wrong. So far al the comments I have received suggest that it is a bad idea living in Pakistan. However, when in England, I see that we are just "invading" another country. Why don't we take a step and improve our own country. And I know it's annoying, but could you please tell me the other problems for girls apart from the fact that dirty and filthy men stare at you. Thanks again.

Originally posted by: ARMaanEet

Islamabad .. And I love the life there. I understand that maybe life isn't that great for a poor person, but when we go their for holidays, we love it. Don't you feel if you live in England, that you might lose your identity one day?

I do Feeel that
But if yu have pakistan in yur heart
and visit it now and again like ever year i dont think i would lose my identy
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
even though i live in england i dnt have a lot of freedom because i dont go out with my friends i go out more with my relatives during weddings etc if i do go out it will always be with my cousins my dad was born in mirpur, azad kashmir in pakistan and both my parents are strict but pakistan i was with them all the time for safety i would love to visit pakistan again its been over 7-8 years since ive last been to pakistan