*Devanshi* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I'm from Ahmedabad and have listened to Shahbuddin Rathod's works. Maybe as the show progress actual works of Rathod will find it's place but the setup and idea of Pol is soo wrong in the show. No pol is Ahmedabad is soo wide and have houses planned in such manner. And, Ahmedabad is a big city and in pol no one wears kedyu (Traditional Gujarati Kutchi dress) as shown in the show. Also, as much as Rathod's works is hilarious not even a bit was reflected in the show. Swapnil Joshi is the only element in the show that was impressive, his dialects and the speech is that of a typical Gujarati lad but Papal Pol is not even close to reality of a pol in Ahmd.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

binie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with u... the set up looks not real but we should not forget this is a fiction TV show... nd i havent got chance to heard the Shahbuddin Rathod's work.... so have no idea... if u have seen Tarak Maheta Ka Ooltah Chasma they started as Tarak Maheta's Column but then they stick with the charectors but planned new things like GPL which was never mentioned by Tarak Maheta.... so TV shows keep changing as per the viewers likings.... so i dont have any probs with Papad Pol's set up!!!! 😳
Quantico thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree usual pol is like chawal system  in mumbai. Papad pol is a way different then what actually pol looks likes. No one wear kediyoo in pol not alteast on daily basis but if you go to village area you will still see people wearing those. His novel is fiction and this charchater is inspired from one of local villager who serve his "bapu" :-)

I have heard his cassette "vanechand to vargodho" most of jokes they show in yestruday eposide is from his comic book and cassette. 

As episode progress we will enjoy the setup and charchater. :-)
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Honestly speaking yes , I agree the set was not properly constructed , I feel it gives a dull feeling to the show. Regarding costumes , I have to say that I did not find any problem. To get that Pol kind of a look it is necessary ! 😳 The dialogues really weren't impressive in the first epi. or maybe the actors were not able to give the punches where necessary. I loved Vinaychand's dialogues , especially about the proverb Dheeraj Ka Fal Meetha Hota Hai ! Vinaychand's opinion about that proverb was hilarious ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I would still want to give this show some more time coz none of the SAB TV shows have disappointed me yet (except for Gunwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge, Thank You Jijaji and Bhootwala serial ! )
birju4baby thumbnail
I have never read Shabuddin Rathod's works or even know what a Papad Pol is so I cannot comment about authenticity ..But in a TV shows .. you have to make things look pretty .. presentation is very important nowadays and I think that is why creators try to make their sets look more glamourous ... So .. I can understand that ..
But I want to say one thing .. show does appears to be promising .. .. also .. it is an intelligently written show ... even though punch lines did not get as much laughs ... the humour was not forced either... Give it some time .. It will grow up on us
Dark_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have not read Shabuddin Rathod's works and have no idea what exactly a 'Pol' is.😕  So, i really don't know what to say. Though the show wasn't so hilarious but it was funny at times and i liked it.😊 We have to give this show more time and judging it on it's first episode is not right. Lets see what they have in store for us in the upcoming episodes!😃

P.S. - Can someone tell me what exactly a 'Pol' is???😕😊

*Devanshi* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dark_Star

P.S. - Can someone tell me what exactly a 'Pol' is???😕😊
</font>
</font>[/B]</font>

Pol is basically a chawl type thing seen in Ahmedabad. Although in chawl you find small 1 room type houses but in Pol from small houses to big havelis all is there. It's kind of mini housing scheme of ancient times.
*Devanshi* thumbnail

Originally posted by: birju4baby

<font color="#993366" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I have never read Shabuddin Rathod's works or even know what a Papad Pol is so I cannot comment about authenticity ..But in a TV shows .. you have to make things look pretty .. presentation is very important nowadays and I think that is why creators try to make their sets look more glamourous ... So .. I can understand that ..
But I want to say one thing .. show does appears to be promising .. .. also .. it is an intelligently written show ... even though punch lines did not get as much laughs ... the humour was not forced either... Give it some time .. It will grow up on us
</font>

I agree shows looks promising and as the time passes it will become interesting. But trust me, if they had stuck to original concept of pol it would have been much more beneficial to them.
*Devanshi* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ishan.

<font color="#990000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Honestly speaking yes , I agree the set was not properly constructed , I feel it gives a dull feeling to the show. Regarding costumes , I have to say that I did not find any problem. To get that Pol kind of a look it is necessary ! 😳 The dialogues really weren't impressive in the first epi. or maybe the actors were not able to give the punches where necessary. I loved Vinaychand's dialogues , especially about the proverb Dheeraj Ka Fal Meetha Hota Hai ! Vinaychand's opinion about that proverb was hilarious ! 🤣 I would still want to give this show some more time coz none of the SAB TV shows have disappointed me yet (except for Gunwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge, Thank You Jijaji and Bhootwala serial !)</font>

True, none of the pol I've visited are so colourful and are established in square plot. I dread the day when I go into a pol and find some1 wearing kedyu. But as i said Swapnil Joshi was the factor dat made the episode worth and definitely the show would pick up if it the makers stick to Rathod's works.
birju4baby thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Devanshi*

I agree shows looks promising and as the time passes it will become interesting. But trust me, if they had stuck to original concept of pol it would have been much more beneficial to them.

I agree just being true to Original would have been more sweet especially to people who have seen them closely .. I have also seen a concept like that in North India .. areas which were populated before independence like some localities in Delhi .. chandni chowk etc