A 100 Seasons Contest| *Results*

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey everyone!!!

First off, I just HAVE to say how amazing this contest was! And I mean ah-mazing! The entries were beyond brilliant and certainly better than anything I could put together so I would just like to applaud everyone that participated - regardless of whether you "won" or not, honestly you're all brilliant in my books!!!

*gets a little carried away and starts clapping in her empty room*

*ahem* *cough*

Alright.. now that that's done.. I've announced the winners below - this is how it goes. For each section, I'm going to list the runner up(s) first i.e. post the entries that came in second place and then I'll post the winner entries. That works? Alright, lets move on to the results then!

*giggles with excitement*

Oh oh oh, one more thing before I announce the results - I had one of my friends, Anu (nureat01) make us some prize sigs for the winners so I really hope you guys like it. Personally, I love them - all of them! I just hope you guys do too.. *smile in anticipation*

Alright, ab pakka pakka moving on to the results!

*~* Trivia *~*

Here are the correct answers for the LTL Trivia from the contest:

How many "dreams" has Nakku had about Dutta and herself?

What was Kishore's job before he married Kalavati?

Teacher

Name one habit of Dutta's that Nakku doesn't approve of.

Drinking alcohol

What is the first gift Nakku receives from Dutta?

A Teddy Bear

What is Nakku's pet name christened by Baji?

Koyal

Which of Dutta's three sisters was shown holding a burning flame in her entry scene?

Kalavati

What phrase was used the most by Nakku? (Dutta even teased her for it!!)

Meri Aayi bolti hai'

Who all has Nakku confronted verbally and/or physically in order to "protect" Dutta?

Sudarshan, Supriya, Ravi

What was the first "private" (as in the first time they were alone) scene between Dutta and Nakku?

The water pump scene.

What was the "date" of Dutta's wedding?

April 27th

What is Dutta's favorite dessert?

Karanji

What "dance form" has Roops been shown to find entertaining?

Phukdi

What is Inspector Malmal Morey's illegal business?

Human trafficking

How many times have we seen Dutta in a business related and unrelated fight or being attacked? (flashback scenes from his initiation into the underworld not included )

What is Ganpat's current job?

Working in Dutta's vineyards.

Now for the Runner - Ups:

Tina-Saigal2002

And the winners (yes we had a tie!) are:

ksh (kshreya2002)
Shabz (Dew-drop)

Here's your prize sig guys! I hope you like it:

*~* Signatures *~*

The Runner-Ups

By
bd670816:

By Shabz (Dew-drop):

The Winner

By Shabz (Dew-drop):

And the prize sig for you Shabz - again, I hope you like it!

*~* Video Mix *~*

I will not do Runner-ups for the next two sections because there were only two entries. So the winner for the VM section (by just ONE vote, might I add!) was:

By crazy_bholi:

http://yfrog.com/0mmorapiyaz

And the prize sig for you, with hopes that you like it... *fingers crossed*:

*~* One Shot *~*

Alright, here before I announce the winner I just have to let you guys know that BOTH of your OS submissions were from first time writers! So if nothing else, I'm immensely proud that BOTH those pieces were appreciated so much by the members!

And the winner for the OS section (again, by just ONE vote!) is:

By eva2:

A nervous chuckle escapes my throat as I reach the door that has been closed for so many days now. What did I expect? The end of the world? An invisible force throwing me back? I'm the first person coming up here voluntary. The servants do it because they have no choice. Someone has to bring up the food, replace the hardly touched tray on the new desk.
One last step and I'm ready to knock. Neil Armstrong of the house. One small step for a man, one giant leap for the family. But my hand stops midway, the fist hovering shaky in the air. I don't fear the man, I fear what I might find behind this door. Suddenly it swings open and I'm greeted by an angry "what ?" . I'm glued to the floor and I keep staring at my brother in law. His face softens as he sees me.
"What is it?" he asks before he blocks my view into the room by stepping out and closing the door.
Finally I'm able to move again. My hand comes down slowly and I try to smile. He looks exhausted with these deep black circles under his bloodshot eyes.
"Kishore," he calls me, trying not to loose his patience.
"I was wondering ' well," I say. "Why don't you come down and have breakfast with us?" Not what I had planned to say, but a start. "Your mother is worried," I swallow hard. "And her mother is worried too."
I can't say her name. Guilt hangs above my head like the sword of Damocles. A little word- the mere thought of her name- could be enough to make it fall.
"Why?"
"They're mothers. They care." I almost start laughing thinking about my wife. A mother, but not quite the caring type.
I follow his fascinated gaze. He is studying his right hand, tracing some dried blood on his knuckles with his finger as if it is something he has never seen before. My heart seizes up. What if I'm too late? He senses my fear and looks up at me.
"We're fine."
"What '"
"She'll break down," he interrupts me, "She can't keep on lying forever."
I'm taken aback by the darkness in his eyes. I've seen it before. In my village when I was a boy. There was this man, I don't even know his name. He had lost his sanity along with his wife and daughters in a fire, they said. Day and night he spent roaming the streets yelling they would come back. Sometimes he would suddenly start crying or laughing. One day he grabbed me by the shoulders. His fingers digged deep into my flesh, ten knives leaving red traces on my skin.
"They're back," he whispered with the same dark eyes and I was afraid that if I turned my head, if I followed his gaze, I would see the ghosts of his family. They kept haunting my dreams for a long time. A woman and two girls without faces.
"What if she isn't lying?" I ask softly.
He tilts his head slightly and studies me for a moment before he speaks.
"Is there anything you want to tell me?" It sounds as if he is begging me. Begging me to give him a reason to believe he has been wrong all along. He might be a rock, but not a stone.
"Nothing," I can hear the hair holding the sword ripping right before guilt hits me again.
"Anything else?"
I shake my head slowly as I watch him turn around to go back into his room. He pauses and looks at me.
"I didn't touch her," he informs me opening the door.
I rub my temples after the darkness has swallowed him again.
Tomorrow, maybe.

Her perfume hits my nose even before I see her in the hall. I inhale deeply the sweet scent and can't help but smile.
"Beautiful morning, isn't it?" I greet her.
"What's so beautiful about it?" Kala asks smirking at me.
You, I want to answer. But I'm not in the mood to challenge her. I rather enjoy watching her. It's still like poetry. Lord Byron, Ghalib and Shakespeare dominate my mind and soul. Their words dance in my head.
"Don't look at me like that," she hisses. "You should thank me, you know? I do all this for my son. If you weren't '"
I stop listening. Feel lighter. She is a mother after all. And I can't give up on her. She'll change. Someday. I just need to be patient for a little longer and make her understand.

And after all that's been said and done
You're just the part of me I can't let go- Hard To Say I'm Sorry, Chicago

Congratulations Eva! Really! For a first time writer this was brilliant! And here's your prize sig - I hope you enjoy it!

*claps some more in an empty room*

That's it for this contest guys! Congratulations to everyone who won, thank you so much to everyone who participated in the contest and also those that voted for the entries! I hope you enjoyed participating in it, because I sure did enjoy bringing it to you!

Love you guys!!

Fivr πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Congrats to all the winners...yay! I won too! *Pats myself on the back*
-Fivr- thumbnail
@ksh: HOW could you not win?!?! LTL Trivia aur TUMHE na pata ho?!! Hell will freeze over before that happens! There's a reason you guys are the LTL CC!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Haila i won..*in shock*
meri neend udha di...lol
Congo to all the winners & runner ups..* claps*
Ksh, crazybholi ,eva, tina saigal & bd670816...
Congratz..very well deserved
-Fivr- thumbnail
@Shabz: LOL!! Tere ko abhi bhi shock hota hai?? You've been sweeping awards in every contest!! Ab tak toh you should be used to it - you're are veteran contest winner, what with so many awards under your belt! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

@ksh: HOW could you not win?!?! LTL Trivia aur TUMHE na pata ho?!! Hell will freeze over before that happens! There's a reason you guys are the LTL CC!! 🀣

Talking of which Dutta's wedding date was 27th April...I am sure of it. Exactly the date of the episode where Dutta thought his fiancee had been killed/died.
TheRager thumbnail
@Fivr: Thanks for all your efforts in organizing this contest. I hope LTL and this forum have many more such milestones to celebrate.

-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Talking of which Dutta's wedding date was 27th April...I am sure of it. Exactly the date of the episode where Dutta thought his fiancee had been killed/died.

Yeah! I know!!

Wait.. What did I write?

*scrolls up*

*sigh* I HATE ODD NUMBERS!!! Every single time!! Every single time I get 1 and 7 confused for some reason! I mean to type 7 and end up typing 1! 🀣🀣

Let me fix that.. 😳
-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Fivr: Thanks for all your efforts in organizing this contest. I hope LTL and this forum have many more such milestones to celebrate.

Aww man! *blushes* You don't need to thank me! β˜ΊοΈ I'm just glad people liked it - I hope.. πŸ˜†
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

Yeah! I know!!

Wait.. What did I write?

*scrolls up*

*sigh* I HATE ODD NUMBERS!!! Every single time!! Every single time I get 1 and 7 confused for some reason! I mean to type 7 and end up typing 1! 🀣🀣

Let me fix that.. 😳

oh well..I had a b and d problem...thankfully by the time i was 5 i was over it.