Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Shreya Ghoshal

Song:
Teri Ore
https://sound11.mp3pk.com/indian/singh_is_kinng/singhiskinng05%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
    You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Shreya Ghosal
    You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hunk101 thumbnail
Teriore is indeed the most finest & beautiful song of shreya, her Crystal clear & Soothing pure voice makes the song Perfect, her young & beautiful voice quality is what attracts fans like me. This song doesnt have many sequences as such but its "Not an Easy Song" to sing because as its romantic you need to bring up the romantic feel & connect with the listners, & I dont think anyone else could have succeeded to such extent. The purity in her voice is intoxicating, Shreya was simply flawless. Shreya got many awards for teriore & even the living legend Shankar Mahadevan gave her a standing ovation in MKMM for this song say that she's the best female singer.  And another thing which I want to say to all those people who keep questioning as to why shreya gets so many awards? Listen to her voice, her singing in this song you will get your answer why she is got the award & why she is loved & adored so much!

A PERFECT 10 FOR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE WITH PURE MAGIC!❤️
Edited by Hunk101 - 14 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Indeed. She sang brilliantly. She definitely deserves all the awards she gets and will continue to get.
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Shreya's pure golden voice makes the song just soo divine. And just like pehla nasha, suraj hua madham etc even this song will remain in history as one of the most beautiful romantic songs. The best thing I liked in her singing was her voice clarity & the innocence in her voice. Loved the way she sings the lines "Dil khogaya hogaya kisi ka," It gives me a feel as if its some Angel singing. The song is really delicate.

So a 10/10 for her Angelic & Delicate singing! Beautiful!

Another thing I love about this song is the picturisation, its simply awesome. Katrina in her black saree looks nothing less than a Goddess😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZ4xiDP-hs[/YOUTUBE]
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I give a 10/10 for this song

Shreya has just sang it sooooo beautiful. Her voice is PERFECT for this sweet romantic song and I strongly feel that its only Shreya Ghoshal who could have sang this song. This song was just made for her.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is it. Or is this it?

Well, its going to be difficult to judge this. Clearly the stakes can be high.

The benchmark here is clearly defined. And you have another track which gives a new definition of a "sad song".

So, how does this track fare in this company? More on that later.

Now, Shreya has a huge fan following which is reflected n the scores. And if I go low, I may receive brickbats. But literally, I don't care about it. No, you cannot really count on me as a "loyal fan" of shreya. Each and every singer is equally good and has unique trait and character.

Now, coming to this track-as I told earlier, good is no longer good enough. And this track falls into this category.

Its a clean, simple, sweet yet romantic hummable track. But it does fall a bit short.

Why?

Shreya sings this song with relative ease. Ok, granted. But the tempo lets it down.
Its just flat and one scale without any scope for variation. Its a track which you want to listen to it again and again, but after some time period, it will become just mundane and not what you would call it a classic. Her expressions are perfect, but her flat singing lets it a bit down.
At places, she does voice modulation and scale variation, which gives her those brownie points.

Considering her age, she sang superbly and sounded quite mature and superb. So I give points for her voice quality.

Now, the background music-its good, clean and hummable but not what it can be remembered in the years to come.

I gave 9 simply because of her singing and efforts. But my final rating will be 8.5.
Simply because the other tracks had more efforts being put into it.

Voted: 9/10.
My score: 8.5/10.

Edited by cosworthkid007 - 14 years ago
Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i'll give her a 9 out of 10... true, the song sounds relatively 'easy, but it is beautifully rendered... :)
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Smooth singing with lovely expressions.
9/10

saq123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Gr8 2 b back after a long time. 1 of my favourite songs. I think Shreya's voice takes d song 2 a different level. The feel is very romantic, picturization was very good as well. The song will plz Himesh ji as well as it helped Shreya win a lot of elite awards. things i luv abt shreya in d song r her diction, expression and clarity. The md has also given a good echo effect i think and 'teri ore' sounds amazing 4m shreya. people feel that d song is straightfrwd but still 4 me its so well sung that it touches d heart. Luv u shreya always. wen it comes 2 shreya my rating is always d same. 10

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
One of the best pieces of music ever. I absolutely love this song and Shreya's brilliant singing.

This song is a very sweet and soft romantic number. So many expressions need to be brought out in this song. Otherwise there is no connection at all to it. Shreya brought so much expressions into this song and anyone listening to it would really connect with it.

Shreya also put in a lot of nice variations to the song.

The male singer had a far higher difficulty level than Shreya did. That probably was the only difficulty factor in the song. Shreya's part was quite simple in comparison to her male counterpart. Now that we've reached this stage in the competition even the difficulty level of the song MUST count.

So although the singing was beautiful, soft, sweet and had the romantic feel to it like it should have, it wasn't as hard to sing when it comes to Shreya's singing. It was rather simple in comparison to the other singers' song choices.

We are approaching the finale of this competition. Now all the singers are striving to give out their best songs of all times. Its really going to be such a tough race. Even for us judges its just going to get so harder as we really have to give the song deep though before coming up with a final rating.

My scores may not be as high as I want them to be only because we are at that stage where every little thing counts! These singers have already made a name for themselves. They don't need to win such a competition to prove themselves. So please do forgive my ratings. But I just really got get down to judging them all strictly now that we've reached somewhat near the end here! Now every little detail is going to count for EVERY singer. And I mean EVERY singer.

It is only fair me to rate Shreya a 7, if I gave Kavita ji an 8. Because Kavita ji was def a bit stronger than Shreya in her song. And since we don't have .5's to add, I will unfort. have to go down on the rating for this song. It would have been an 8, but because now we really have to rate strictly and be fair to each and every singer I have to give a 7.

Final Rating: 7.5 really but can't round up to an 8 if I gave Kavita ji an 8, therefore rounding down to a 7!

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago