Posted: 14 years ago
Shreya Ghoshal

Song:
Cheeni Kum
https://sound5.mp3pk.com/indian/cheeni_kum/cheenikum01%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
    You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Shreya Ghosal
    You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great singing by Shreya Ghosal! I think this could be her comeback to Top 3, and maybe the #1 spot. She did a great job singing in the post-main sequences.
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice singing, nice voice, nice feel...but somehow I didn't like the song that much, but nevertheless Shreya is gr8, I'll give her an 7.5 (8)...Edited by desicrowd - 14 years ago
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
8 /10.

Could this be a twist of round 9?

Shreya sings well as usual, and when we go deep into this track, she sings one scale lower than her usual voice, read inclined more towards her lower notes.
She sounds a bit sweet, but the rhythm at the background completely ruins her talented voice.
Utterly forgettable track, and it seems that she is reciting a poem, not really "singing from the heart".

Sorry shreyaji and her fans, agar aap humko cheeni kum denge to hum aapko thode kum marks hi denge.

For me it was a bit of a disappointment. Shreya has sang better, way better soft classical tracks than this one. This just doesn't make the cut for me. And I have to really think many times before giving her an 8. Otherwise, 6.5-7 max at best.
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail

I loved shreya's voice in the song, her voice clarity & singing is fantastic. Cheenikum is a really cute song, Shreya's voice is truly adorable, I ll give it a 10👏

Backpiper thumbnail
Its such a great Pleasure to listen Shreya's beautiful voice. A 10 for the most loveable singer of India!
xobile thumbnail
Lovely track by Ilaiyaraaja Sir - it has his trademark rhythm. It is not easy to sing such a track at all. And Raja Sir only chooses THE best of any generation of singers to sing for him.

The singing is excellent. The highs and lows, the dynamics of her throw, the expression she puts into the lyrics. And her beautiful, crystal-clear voice is always Shreya's trumpcard.

She's back in the game. 9/10.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hhhmmmm..a different choice of song for Shreya..Let's see..

Smooth voice of Shreya as usual. I felt more expressions could have come in the fast portions, especially in the start of the song.  I didn't like the portions where her voice becomes really thin in the higher notes. There is the magic of Shreya here definitely, but something is still missing, that apt romantic feel  I think. It is not an easy song, no doubt. But it needed more pronounced expressions. Overall, a good performance, but not a 'wow' performance for me. Apologies to all the fans of this song.

I would like to give an 8 out of 10 to this song.

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Not a big fan of the song, but the singing OMG. Now that's a different story. I liked how Shreya started singing immediately the song started without any music in the beginning. Lol. So innovative! Her high notes were so good! Her singing was no doubt excellent but as the song progressed, I kind of lost touch with it. She started out well and on a positive note but then I felt a lot lacking as it progressed. Like her voice from the beginning was different from the middle portions. I don't think it was consistent like it could have been. Also I didn't really feel the emotions in her voice as the song progressed. She started out well though! Still not as bad as it could have been.

Final Rating: 8
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 14 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great singing by Shreya Ghosal!

I think her main sequence was quite easy, the whole "Cheeni Kum" stuff. Not difficult. Just straight singing, almost talking. Just the "sun leh kabi" part was something, but that was like 1 line. I'd give the main sequence like a 7.

The post-main sequences were very impressive. They were much more challenging as well. Good prolongation of voice in some areas, the high pitches, the power in her voice, and then coming all the way back down to the main sequence. Very well done! I'd give this post-main like a 10.

So overall, the main sequence was 7 caliber, while the post-main was 10 caliber. So that averages to be about an 8.5. So I'm stuck between a 8 and a 9. Um, I think overall, her voice quality is so great, I'll round up.

Rating: 9/10