(Siddhima)Realists are normal...

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

So today's episode'too much to see, too many emotions, both filled with happiness for Sid standing up for what is right, and the truth.  For cherishing Ridz's feelings and desires and telling her the truth.  To give her this small hurt now so that she can avoid the ultimate heart wrencher that would have headed her way if he had kept his mouth shut and engulfed her in his arms the way he wanted to.  And heartache for all those words Armaan has been keeping in, for this man who doesn't know what reality entails, who is still stuck in a world where all is fair in love and war as long as in the end the two people who belong together end up together.  Even if along the way he is hurting not just himself but the foundation upon which that very fragile relationship he is trying to save stands upon.  And finally, heartbreak for Ridz, a woman who continues to put her heart out there so that she may find peace with the man she wants to be with.  So that finally everything can move towards the future, where they can all start to heal, and mend.  But this post is not going to be a full epi analysis.  There are already way too many out here and they are wonderfully written, and there is no need for me to repeat what others have put so eloquently.

What this post is about is simply that last scene.  The scene where Ridz is walking away from JPJ house and Armaan follows her out.  He tries to stop her, to try and get her to see reason.  But she just tells him to stop and walks away.  But before she leaves she is about to say something, but then she stops herself shakes her head slightly as if what she was about to say doesn't matter that it's not worth itw and then just walks away. 

You know i think at this point...Ridz was done.  I mean she was already done with him as a boyfried and he has already been placed in his designated spot as her past. But today...she was done trying to explain to Armaan that she does not want him to interfere with her life...not only does he not have the right to anymore, but he also doesn't know what she wants either.  Yes! She wants Sid, but only if Sid wants her...she doesn't want flowery words and big gestures.  She just wants the truth, whatever it is, she wants it....cuz even if it breaks her heart or if its the answer she has been yearning for...it will at least bring closure and with that closure will come peace.  The peace of both knowing what Sid wants and knowing that she did do everything she could to make their relationship work.

Clearly, she has tried to convey this to armaan many times over...and yet he still continues to interfere...and he still refuses to back away.  He won't just leave them alone to try and figure things out for themselves...like normal people do.  I think this is where we see the difference in the relationships Ridz had with Armaan and what she now has with Sid.  Because when she was with Armaan the man that he is demands big gestures and fairytale endings.  He is the classic bollywood hero type, where when things are going well he will shout it out to the world and display it for all to see...and when things go bad...as things are bound to do with these men who simply react to what their heart feels without pausing for thought...they get soo bad that its like life is shattering before you.  The pain you feel is all consuming and it is clear that this is what armaan is feeling now seeing ridz wanting another man...you see the lives of these bollywood love stories are always really high highs...and really low lows...there's no coasting in the middle...no comfortable speed limit....

Now for Sid, Ridz's relationship with Sid is completely different.  Sid is a man that demands nothing of her, and yet gives everything of himself.  He is content to just have her in his life, in whatever form she wants.   Whether its as a stranger bound to him out of duty, a friend, a wife or what he really wants a love.  But regardless of what he wants he never has nor will he ever demand Ridz be something she's not.  As I said, he will take whatever she is willing to give as long as she is happy.  The second she is not, or the second he thinks she's not, he will turn his world upside down to make her's right again.  This is a man that refuses to wear rose colored glasses, in fact he scrutinizes everything to the point that sometimes he reads into things too much, and then sometimes makes the wrong decision....the opposite conclusion. Sid is the Forever realist.  He is the one that sees things that aren't even said, for example Ridz not being quite over Armaan (she wasn't in the beginning when they got married), just as today he saw that the words Armaan spoke were not fiction but his hearts feeling.  And as a realist it becomes his job to make sure everyone around him is aware of their surroundings so that they too can make informed decsions.  For this is the only way he knows how to make them, only after a lot of thought, on both of what needs to be said and of what the consequences of those words will be.  But the thing that is true is that, although life with a realist is one that will be filled with many moments of silent broodings, you will always know where you stand.  The respect and love will burn at a constant there will be no flare ups or cool downs it will always stay within the speed limit, and it will always stay on course'

So what Ridz had at first, whether it was what she wanted or if it was what she ended up falling for, was a true fairytale.  It was filled with all the masala of bollywood films all that happiness and cloud floating and just as much heartache and drama.  And at that time, in that relationship it made sense to have big gestures for sorry's and I love you's.  But what Ridz wants now, what this woman who has seen too much of what this cruel world has to offer in such a short period of time, who has suffered too many blows both to her heart and to her essence, is a simple, normal married life. She wants a steady constant love that she doesn't have question, doesn't have to pacify, doesn't have to prove.  She wants reality with her realist Sid.  All she wants is to walk beside someone who will never leave her, whether it is in the good times or the bad.  She wants her life to stay just that, hers.  She doesn't want grand gestures nor does she want all the stars in the sky. All she wants, is for someone to want her and to want to hold her hand through this journey of life and never ever let go.

You know the rules...play nice...

-Arp

Edit: For the italics...i went into more detail on pg 3 for any one interested

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jay-Dee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh greatness.... lovely post, thank you for giving me another window of thought I did not see ... sid the realist in depth... love our constant brainstorming in analysing, dysecting the inner dilemmas of our favorites...

love your last paragraph : conclusion : what she needs is Sid... nothing more nothing less.... only him....

πŸ€—
πŸ€—
πŸ€—
πŸ€—
Edited by johanne - 13 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
You always always Cast a spell on me how can u write so damn well OMG What a brilliant post Loved it and i agree to most of it seriosuly i didn't get the point of why armaan said what he said but now it's clear thanks to your post wow

and this part is my fav

She wants a steady constant love that she doesn't have question, doesn't have to pacify, doesn't have to prove.  She wants reality with her realist Sid.  All she wants is to walk beside someone who will never leave her, whether it is in the good times or the bad.  She wants her life to stay just that, hers.  She doesn't want grand gestures nor does she want all the stars in the sky. All she wants, is for someone to want her and to want to hold her hand through this journey of life and never ever let go.
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: johanne

oh greatness.... lovely post, thank you for giving me another window of thought I did not see ... sid the realist in depth... love our constant brainstorming in analysing, dysecting the inner dilemmas of our favorites...

love your last paragraph : conclusion : what she needs is Sid... nothing more nothing less.... only him....

πŸ€—
πŸ€—
πŸ€—
πŸ€—

JoπŸ€—
greatness 😲 Aww thank you for reading 😳....i'm glad you liked the post...i too love how we are able to see the same scene in such different ways...and yet the same...its mindblowing yaar...

and as you say she needs sid...nothing more and certainly nothing less....

arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fizzylicious-

You always always Cast a spell on me how can u write so damn well OMG What a brilliant post Loved it and i agree to most of it seriosuly i didn't get the point of why armaan said what he said but now it's clear thanks to your post wow

and this part is my fav

She wants a steady constant love that she doesn't have question, doesn't have to pacify, doesn't have to prove.  She wants reality with her realist Sid.  All she wants is to walk beside someone who will never leave her, whether it is in the good times or the bad.  She wants her life to stay just that, hers.  She doesn't want grand gestures nor does she want all the stars in the sky. All she wants, is for someone to want her and to want to hold her hand through this journey of life and never ever let go.

Jaadoo hai nasha hai...madhoshiya...Siddhima ko bulake ja uh kaha???

Trust me it is all Siddihma's jaadoo and you PJs that inspire me to write this stuff...cuz when i read your guys' thoughts they ultimately trigger something in mine and then i start to write and end up  with a lamba lamba post...which you all always always read 😳...so thank you for reading my lamba lamba posts...and then commenting πŸ€—

as for clarifying armaan...no prob yaar...i'm glad i could help...cuz at first i too was confused...but then it clicked...so i figured i'd share...πŸ˜ƒ
arp04srocks thumbnail

Jaanu....πŸ€—+chumma on cheek

thank you for stopping by πŸ˜ƒ
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
We don't mind your lamba posts at all keep them coming
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
arp great... amazing analysis, you are superb and I am running short of words to appreciate what have you written..

I think now CVZ better should stop ruining any relationship further else things will be beyond mend .. again take a bow for wonderful writeup
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: monar

arp great... amazing analysis, you are superb and I am running short of words to appreciate what have you written..

I think now CVZ better should stop ruining any relationship further else things will be beyond mend .. again take a bow for wonderful writeup

Professorji...aap yaha!!!

Thank you for reading and commenting😳

And yeah your rite they need to stop this flip flopping..its gettin tiring...and making me dizzy...kinda like a certain pair of frog green chapals i saw somewhereπŸ˜‰....but as shilpu and i like to say...we dont know wht to do w/ fun filled episπŸ˜•...so at least if every once in a while they throw wrench in things shilpu and i are able to whip out our binary numbers and analyze πŸ˜†

but i agree hopefully when SA comes back everyone will be on the right rail tracks...
athithi thumbnail

Originally posted by: arp04srocks

Now for Sid, Ridz's relationship with Sid is completely different.  Sid is a man that demands nothing of her, and yet gives everything of himself.  He is content to just have her in his life, in whatever form she wants.   Whether its as a stranger bound to him out of duty, a friend, a wife or what he really wants a love.  But regardless of what he wants he never has nor will he ever demand Ridz be something she's not.  As I said, he will take whatever she is willing to give as long as she is happy.  The second she is not, or the second he thinks she's not, he will turn his world upside down to make her's right again.  This is a man that refuses to wear rose colored glasses, in fact he scrutinizes everything to the point that sometimes he reads into things too much, and then sometimes makes the wrong decision....the opposite conclusion. Sid is the Forever realist.  He is the one that sees things that aren't even said, for example Ridz not being quite over Armaan (she wasn't in the beginning when they got married), just as today he saw that the words Armaan spoke were not fiction but his hearts feeling.  And as a realist it becomes his job to make sure everyone around him is aware of their surroundings so that they too can make informed decsions.  For this is the only way he knows how to make them, only after a lot of thought, on both of what needs to be said and of what the consequences of those words will be.  But the thing that is true is that, although life with a realist is one that will be filled with many moments of silent broodings, you will always know where you stand.  The respect and love will burn at a constant there will be no flare ups or cool downs it will always stay within the speed limit, and it will always stay on course'

-Arp

Loved your post..Yes.. you found the right term for Sid.. a realist!!
Practical, down-to-earth and sensible..

I always said - CV created the role of Armaan (I beleve it means love) to portray the ideal lover - the stuff dreams re made of..
It looked to me they always wanted to bring in a role of Sid to portray the contrast (based on how they dragged the story ) and finally ended up wth KW - his chracter created to portray the ideal husband - lookiing out for wife's happiness - full of respect and admiration for her..

Sid and Ridz are quite compatible personalites.. I think thats what Daddy Shanky sees in their marriage as well - he was always against Ridz marrying Armaan - but yielded without hesitation to let Sid marry Ridz...