Blessing in disguise: Sidhima

mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I volunteer at the geriatric ward at a hospital and lady some 75 yrs old suffering from alzheimers happens to be a resident since the last couple of months... of whom  I have grown very fond of ....a grandmother I dont have.....

In one of my random ramblings to her...I started talking about stuff I like and things I do and this particular TV show I am very fond of...and why this particular couple are my absolute favorite....and then she started telling me her story..

How during the war she and the guy she was in love with were commissioned together and were planning to be posted together as well. Her mom fell seriously ill and being the only relative she stayed back to care for her.....she and this guy kept touch through letters.........one every week at first and then they started to decrease...and eventually she got a letter where he broke up with her because he fell in love with another woman......
She had a very hard time at first because he was the only thing close to family that she had......they were supposed to be so much in love....she could not beleive it happened to her........
She then chose to  loose herself in her work...and shut herself from everything else.........then one day she met a widower with a nine year old girl.....

And that nine year old now .... so much more older comes  to visit her mother every single day ....to spend time with her.

She so fondly tells me that she is her daughter..... her blessing that God gave her no matter  she never had her own..... and how blessed she is with fond memories of a man who died some years ago who gave her all the happiness in the world and whom she loved dearly........

"Sometimes life does not give you what you want and it may seem the worst possible thing......you may not agree to it .......and fight  hard against it  .....but sooner or later you will realize that its a  blessing in disguise.......and if  I was ever given a chance to change anything...there is nothing I would change...it happened exactly how it was meant to including  falling in love with a man who gave me everything"

Ridhima  may have felt the same when she was faced with marrying Sidhanth and when she chose to commit suicide.......having lost all hope.... fighting against what life was pushing her towards....but today from where she stands....she only sees the man who came into her life turned her whole world upside down and made it right .....a blessing in disguise.

Not everyone is lucky to be blessed twice in love...but those who are are truly blessed indeed

P.S:I asked her if it was allright to post her story and she said yes.
She is currently in early stages of Alzheimers /Mild
Some of you may not agree with me ...but out of respect to an older lady and her story ....please refrain from comments that would be derogatory...and/or uncalled for.

I do apologize for the long post.....

Edited by moviebuff05 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
wowwwwwwwwww this is lovely post i had tears in my eyes and smile on my face reading it thank u baffy for sharing this and do say hi to granny from me

and yes Sid is her blessing in disguise
AnnaNAshley thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG this is so damn beautiful ....😳
sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

wow buffy🤗..it is such a touching story...........give our heartfelt regards to your friend............and hope such blessing in disguise do come to people who lost hope and faith in life and love............

SR are a beautiful example of everything that says destined  and soulmate ...........there is nothing more i can add to it
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
this is remarkable buffy, truly heart touching yet inspirational experience, I deliberately haven'e used story as for me its her life time experience, apart from this I really appreciate her for bringing their daughter as her own.. as said god couldn't be eveywhere thats why he send mothers.

Great post dear. bless ya 😊
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow.... A very touching post. Absolutely Loved it.

Its true... and one of the reasons we all believe that SR is the way forward...Its all about second chance and hope.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Buffy very true and the statement she said is also what she has become due to Siddhant
She  said I love you to Armaan but destiny circumstances all fell apart for them and then came Siddhant in her life and she held on to him even if she was'nt willing to but the hold was and is so strong and she will not THINK of letgo of it and it bring in the form of anger first then sadness and now a blossomed bowl of love !!! She is happy with him and will be for the lifetime she spends with him and with his life is her happiness 😊 She HAS moved ON with LIFE WITH SIDDHANT !!!
priya7891 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved the old lady's story...it's beautiful.
I guess this what happens in real life,people learn to move on.

But we do like to believe in fairy tale romances and it does come true for a lucky few. So what's wrong in expecting one of the beautiful love stories to have a happy ending?I think AR fans deserve that after watching the show for 2 long yrs,it's the least the CVs can do after wrecking other love stories.Not every love story has a happy ending in real life,we're happy to see atleast the fictional ones to have happy endings.Is it too much to ask for?

shamil thumbnail
buffy, its soo touching..
As the saying goes..
"We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance"
211su thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful .. Well said .. Whatever happens happens for the best .. And some day everyone realizes it .. Riddhima is very lucky to have had a second chance .. Two guys who can go to any extent to see her happy .. It's lovely the way Riddhima's feeling for Sid have gradually been shown .. Some day she and Sid will realize they both were totally meant to be ...  

And lol no .. It was not a long post ... very short .. 😳