The small-screen Mohit Ahlawat lookalike

jingle thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
The small-screen Mohit Ahlawat lookalike
   By: Soumya Menon
   November 29, 2005

BEARS IT:
Manoj Biddvai
Manoj Biddvai is the man to watch out for. Currently seen on UTV's Bombay Talking on Zee Caf in a sub, he started his career with modelling and eventually got into acting. First seen on the telly in Balaji's Kahin Kissi Roz, he did a series of soaps. 

We called this 6' 2" hunk, as he was busy shooting for Bombay Talking. He took time off to talk about his film star looks and a striking resemblance to James aka Mohit Ahlawat.

Your reaction to Mohit Ahlawat is striking. Comment.
To be very honest, I think you should ask Mohit what he feels about looking like me (chuckles and continues). Well, I haven't even watched James. Though it's a Ram Gopal Varma flick, it just slipped my mind because of my tight schedules. All I know is that Mohit has a great body. I don't want to be immodest, yet I am really trying not to bother about the resembelance (he chuckles again). I took it positively, yet I have my apprehensions.

Bollywood calling?
I made my debut in Dreams directed by Aashish Chanana. I played a film star and Aashish felt that I fit the role best. It was a great experience. It was a film within a film. I have been offered other films; I don't want to reveal anything. Nothing has been finalised yet and I don't want to spill the beans so fast.

How did you start your career?
I always wanted to act, though I started my career with modelling. I was actually into my dad's business. But, I had this urge to earn my own buck and that's when I ventured into the world of modelling. I have acted in several serials. I was seen first in Kahin Kissi Roz, and then it was Kuttumb, Aruna Irani's Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahan, then Rihaaee and others.

How did Bombay Talking happen?
I auditioned for Sayed Akhtar, executive producer - UTV, and he was looking for someone who could speak well and present himself well, and had a good command over English. I passed, so I'm here, and I'm enjoying it. It's very exciting.

What else is happening, other than Bombay Talking?
I have appeared in a special episode of CID Special Squad, where I play a reporter. It was a good experience. I always wanted to work with Fireworks Production, and coincidentally, it happened.

Seeing someone?
Wellโ€ฆ yes, I am seeing someone. I am seeing my work now. That's my only focus.

[email protected]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5
who si this guy? is he in sindoor?? ๐Ÿ˜•
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ummm..Am in the wrong section?? ๐Ÿ˜†
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5
no clue yaar....someone tell me where does this thingy belong???? ๐Ÿ˜•
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
this has been posted by jingle....princi, ask her.

๐Ÿ˜•
lalit1 thumbnail
move this to other shows
since zee cafe does not have a separate section as of now
how i wish for it