Siddhesh Pai tagged for elimination - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Siddhesh Pai tagged for elimination

Anjum Cheval / Hill Road Media

The talented dancer Siddhesh Pai was tagged this week by the girl's team. Is this a new strategy by the girls? 
Zara Nachke Dikha has had one of its most interesting weekends. First, Rakhi Sawant came back despite an average performance and then Siddhesh Pai, one of the most talented dancers was put in the danger zone by the girls. Why would they do something like that? Put such a good dancer in the danger zone. They justified this by saying that it was only Siddhesh who ever performed in the 'Zara Hatke Raound' and that was unfair.

This apparently did not go too well with Siddhesh. He looked upset and made some comments on the judges and on the girl's team too. He had an argument with Sangeeta and Rashmi. But it was all in the heat of the moment and in fact Siddhesh was not upset over being tagged. He just wanted to know what criteria the judges were looking at while judging so that they could prepare in that way. We spoke to Siddhesh to clear out the misunderstandings and here is what he said…

When you were tagged, you looked quite angry and you said something like 'mujhe aapke judging aur points se koi lene dena nahi hai' what exactly did you mean by that? You were misunderstood by many people for that comment of yours?
"Yes, many people misunderstood. I wasn't angry because I was tagged. In fact, I was happy that I had got another chance to prove myself, to give another amazing performance. I was upset over their basis of judging a performance. The girls get 19 and we get 18, that is okay. But the problem is that the theme that we get for the round, the girls are unable to perform exactly on that. In that particular round, was just being aerial important or dancing was just as important? And I personally think our performance was much better than theirs."

Shedding more light on what exactly happened, he said, "Rashmi made a comment saying that I'm the only one who is a professional dancer here and the rest are just actors but in fact isn't Rakhi a professional dancer too? And Mukti and Sangeeta are trained dancers too. When I fell during the mother's day special episode and got up, that wasn't my professionalism, it was because I wanted to perform. I took up dancing as a way of earning my bread and butter. If my family was rich, I too would have become an actor, good or bad that doesn't make a difference to me. For me, my work is bigger than anything. It is even bigger than me. My only question to the judges was on what basis do they judge the performance, on what basis do they give us the marks. I just wanted to know what were they looking for in poor performances so that the next time we could prepare ourselves accordingly."

You are a very strong contestant, an asset to the boy's team; do you think that by tagging you, the girls were trying to demoralize the boy's team?
"Yes, I think they were, but I've proved to them that with the boy's team, there is nothing like over-confidence. I always try to push myself to the next level during the challenges. And my team mates tell me that because of you, even we give our hundred percent, even we try our best.

During the fire act, it was a risky stunt that you did, and Shilpa and Vaibhavi appreciated it a lot but Arshad did not give you very nice comments, what do you have to say about that?
"See this is a reality show, it is sometimes scripted, sometimes not. Sometimes it doesn't work according to the script. What is going in their mind, nobody knows. And everybody likes to win, nobody is born to lose. So it's ok now, it's done and over with."

Do you think the judges are partial in anyway?
"No they are not, but the problem was they never told us what was wrong with the performance. Earlier they just said things like 'aacha hai' and that what the girls did, the harness act was more risky but the point is not to do a risky act, aacha sa dance karo, risky nahi and the choreographer has to understand that. If you just do a nice dance, the performances will match up. Even our Chor-Police act was risky and we got hurt too but we never made a noise about it. But now after I raised my question that day, they tell us exactly what is wrong, what is it that we need to improve. So I don't think they are partial."

What was the reaction of your teammates when you were tagged?
"They were all shocked. They were all saying what they will do without me. But I assured them that I'll be there. I'll do the baazigar round and the group act and everything that I'm needed to do. You guys don't worry."

So what did you do for the Baazigar round?
"I did a robotic dance; it's something that I've never done before. It was really tough but I took it as a challenge for myself. I just didn't want to be safe. If I wanted to be safe, I would have taken some easy Bollywood dance but I wanted to do something different that people would enjoy."

So what is the game plane of the boy's team?
"Our strategy is very simple. It's to beat whatever the girls plan against us. And we try to take our weak point and turn it in to our strength. Kapil is a slightly weak dancer but we have planned an amazing performance for him.

To catch Siddhesh's Baazigar performance, tune into Zara Nachke Dikha, every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm only on STAR Plus.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mink- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 i love This Guyyyy <3333
Now he Gv Rashmi a muh Tod jawab😛Rashmi needs to read this Interview..😛
I donno why didnot he said all this on da stage okay may be he did but they edited it ab non celebrity ki kya valueee??
M dieing to see his robo dance ..
he is even doin a fusion act
and will also be seen in group performance :D

Nxt week sushant will be bk hope siddhesh gets some rest..

Thanks for sharing Abi <333

-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Siddhesh....i applaud u ur bold comments👏