(SR) Ridz...dhakal deena

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Wow!! Today, I was reminded as to why I still watch this show.  In just 3 minutes both Riddhima and Sid touched my hearts in different ways.  Today Sid was he true Batameez self.  When poor Ridz came around the car to hold his hand as he tried to balance himself, he gave her the dirtiest look ever and he reminded her that he only came for her father.  Definitely not for her. I felt sooo bad for Ridz.  Yet like the Riddhima Modi we have come to know she brushes off her husband's look and his words and tells him to behave in public.  So then we see that wonderfully choreographed All Iz Well sequence (mind you this is said in the most sarcastic voice possible), then again Sid is langdo...so I guess they had to work around that.  Anyways, after the gang tries to patch up Mr. and Mrs. Modi via butt taps and shoves (not sure how this was supposed to work but I guess :/ All Iz Well? ).  Then Sid and Ridz fight, well I guess I should say we see Sid yell at Ridz and hobble away.  But once again, this is the new Ridz and so she does exactly what she wants, and she follows her husband. 

What we see in the next three minutes is the result of two people who have lost all hope.  In themselves, and in each other.  Sid yells at Ridz and he begs her to leave him alone.  This was the final blow to her heart.  Ridz is willing to put up with anything to save her marriage, as long as it doesn't hurt Sid.  Today, seeing Sid this upset and hurt and hearing his words of anger, she comes to the realization that all she is doing to save her marriage is only leading to more heartache for Sid.  And as a wife and a woman this is the one thing she doesn't ever want.  She never wants to be the cause of anymore pain for Sid.  So she does what she believes is best for Sid.  She gives him what he wants and leaves.  BUT this is the new Ridz, thank god, so she doesn't just leave she actually speaks.  She tells him what she has been trying to do, and she tells him why she's leaving.  She tells him that if this is what he wants, she will leave his life forever.  That maybe she was expecting too much from this relationship.  The line that spoke volumes was, "Main nahi jaanti thi ke apni pati ki khushi chahna uski zindagi mein dhakal deena hota hai".  And you realize that in that moment, Ridz has accepted that Sid will never want her in his life.  That she does not have the right to Sid's happiness and that he will never give her the right.  So she tells him again, with the last vestiges of her strength, that she will leave his life forever, deep down hoping he will stop her.  But he doesn't thus extinguishing that flame of hope.

As for Sid, today if we take what Sid said at face value then, he is by all means the biggest jerk ever.  BUT if we look at Sid's face as he hears Ridz speak her heart out.  As Ridz promises to leave his life forever.   You can see that each word she speaks is not only piercing his heart because of his loss, but because of the pain he has caused her.  But that last shot of Sid as Ridz walks away...that says more than I will ever be able to say.  That is the face of a man that shattered his own heart so that the woman he loves will be happy.  Is he right?? NO.  But he is human, and everything he has ever done since he went after Ridz on her pagal search for Armaan, has been for Ridz.  And today, was the last step for him.  He once and for all broke those chains of duty that Ridz has been harping about.  So that she is free to be happy, in the long run.

So today Sid touched my heart because he once again put a stone on his heart and did what he felt he had to do.  He said hateful and hurtful things to the woman he loves knowing full well that not only will she hurt, but that he will hurt ten times more cause every ounce of pain Ridz feels, Sid feels ten times over.  However, the true winner of my heart today was Ridz.  The way she put up with those vengeful words of hate from Sid.  The way she took things in stride.  The way she did what she thought would bring Sid happiness and told him she would leave, but not before telling him why she left.

So I leave with this, Up until now I had said it is Ridz's turn to show her love for Sid. For her to convince Sid that she wants to be with him for him and not out of duty.  But after today, it is very clear that the ball is now in Sid's court.  It was necessary for Ridz to leave Sid so that he can realize that although he has resigned himself to losing her, he doesn't quite understand the reality of what that loss will entail.  Well now he will. And it will be his turn to prove to Ridz that he does want her.  That the reason he has been cold and hard is because he wants her happiness, which he believes is with someone else. These two hopeless people will only find happiness once they stop trying to do what's best for each other, and instead do what's best for them.      

You kno the rules...play nice

-Arp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome take Arp..........

The more I say about Sid.......the less it is......this guy is beyond words when it comes to selflessness.............He today gave her that final jolt so SHe could be free......free from the duties of a wife......free from a bond that she is not whole heartedly in (according to his POV)......and ofcourse free to go back to where her heart is ( according to Sid it is armaan)....and that too without a guilt......
Kudos to this guy for taking such a bold step knowing very well that living without her is just not possible for him......but causing any obstacles in her path of happiness is the last thing he wants.......and thus he does wat he did today.......and as ridz left walking away from him.............u can see on his face the utter sadness and loss he is facing and yet a certain amount of satisfaction as well.......satisfaction of achieving his mission ..............misson "push away ridz to her happiness"
I have been saying this at the AT......that his approach is wrong......but he is fully justified in wat he is doing.....poor guy loves his wife a bit too much and putting her happiness over his is wat is the issue here....

On the other hand..................Ridz is no different........she too wants happiness of her husband...........she has no clue how much of an impact Sid has on her......that seeing him hurt due to her (according to her) is killing her every second........and today she leaves him at the exact note that Sid wanted her to........"that he doesnt want her"....
Once again her hope, that Armaan had helped revive in her to make her marriage work........to give in to her relationship with Sid her whole heart n soul, went down the dumps..........She simply could not see his pain......his suffering........
How I wish if only she could know wats the exact thing that is hurting him.......if only these 2 hoplessly in love with each other could just let each other know about their feelings......

But oh well.............we are talking about SR here...............when have they done anything the right way......or the normal way.........
One thing is again clear tho.............their bond is just soooooooo amazing.....that both are on the same wavelength .......be it wateva emotion or expression.............today they are simply leaving each other's side only coz they dont wanna hurt the other..........thus they hurt themselves and in silence are causing more pain to each other not knowlingly..............wat an irony!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sajni786 - 13 years ago
uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
They both are doing this for their love 4 each other...very soon they shd spill it out...then all iz well.
come guys talk and confess please SR ROCKKKKK
ANfan1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Gr8 post, Arp

U have captured SR feelings and emotions so well!
ssdtvgojan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hi Arp,

Awesome Post.........
Brilliant expressed both Sid's and Ridz's action.........
Loved it.........

Eagerly waiting for SR to confess their Love to eachother..
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

awesome post, spot on.

Sid has reached new heights with his sacrifice, Yes now that Rids has left, Sid has to make the move to bring her back.

Its a pity that both arent aware of they feelings for one another and thats whats keep them apart,

The day they come to face the truth, they eyes will shine will happiness and suprise

Sid expression in yesterday scene afetr rids left, conveyed how much he was doing thsi on purpsoe just so that rids leaves him and goes away.

Rids breakdown in the FE was a proof of how much pain she is in, stayinga way from Sid and also the pain of being unwanted, by the man whom means the world to her

norzar

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with you Arp

Ridz and Sid's pov were spot in terms of their own thinking and what the other wants

We could clearly see why Sid has done what he did - Sid's facial expressions said it all, the hurtful things he has said and harsh things, esp his lines lately saying how he doesnt want her here, and leave him alone - makes her feel unwanted, and he damn well knows that its hurting Ridz, but like you say and we all know it hurts Sid 10 times more to hurt and see her in pain, but he will bear it for Ridz as he believes her happiness elsewhere

Even to this day this man is selfless in his love for her, he has in this marriage right now, she is with him but he is still pushing her away to not be with him due to duties and all that, he's not sacrificing just his love but his wife which is massive thing

As for Ridz, i liked how she was today, defeated but she held on to her emotions and told Sid clearly on what she is doing and what she will do now seeing as this is what he wants, to leave him forever

is very clear that the ball is now in Sid's court.  It was necessary for Ridz to leave Sid so that he can realize that although he has resigned himself to losing her, he doesn't quite understand the reality of what that loss will entail.  Well now he will. And it will be his turn to prove to Ridz that he does want her. 
Definately the ball is in Sid's corner, because its only him who can get her back, because she isnt going to come back unless he brings her back - and i think and hope Armaan gets breakthrough to Sid on why the DP were signed and also Ridz feelings for him and this marriage and he has to let Ridz know he wants her as well - its the only way to get these two on the samewavelength and start their marriage on the right track and progress it.
I do agree, that Sid wont understand the loss of what he has lost - its like the DP when he finally saw her signatures, he broke down, giving him a huge jolt that he couldnt bear to lose her at all

That the reason he has been cold and hard is because he wants her happiness, which he believes is with someone else. These two hopeless people will only find happiness once they stop trying to do what's best for each other, and instead do what's best for them
I agree, i hope Ridz finds out why he was being like he was by pushing her away etc - and also how selfless he has been, i agree these two only will find happiness with one another, none of them are happy without eachother lol
Maha_Sid-dewani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great post!!!

i didnt like the all is well dance sequence.. it was so haphazard why were arman n shahank shaking hands at the end of the dance... did they think that just by bumping them together al will be well????? the dance was awful! rest sid n ridzi touched my heart too...
mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Arps...amazing post.....
I especially love this

So I leave with this, Up until now I had said it is Ridz's turn to show her love for Sid. For her to convince Sid that she wants to be with him for him and not out of duty.  But after today, it is very clear that the ball is now in Sid's court.  It was necessary for Ridz to leave Sid so that he can realize that although he has resigned himself to losing her, he doesn't quite understand the reality of what that loss will entail.  Well now he will. And it will be his turn to prove to Ridz that he does want her.  That the reason he has been cold and hard is because he wants her happiness, which he believes is with someone else. These two hopeless people will only find happiness once they stop trying to do what's best for each other, and instead do what's best for them. 

They both want the same things...but are doing what they must .....as they think that whatever they are doing is for each others happiness.....and its exactly the opposite of that....they are both hurting away from each other......something drastic must happen ...for these two to get back together.....coz with these two souls....nothing nothing can be commonplace/normal

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sajni786

Awesome take Arp..........

The more I say about Sid.......the less it is......this guy is beyond words when it comes to selflessness.............He today gave her that final jolt so SHe could be free......free from the duties of a wife......free from a bond that she is not whole heartedly in (according to his POV)......and ofcourse free to go back to where her heart is ( according to Sid it is armaan)....and that too without a guilt......
Kudos to this guy for taking such a bold step knowing very well that living without her is just not possible for him......but causing any obstacles in her path of happiness is the last thing he wants.......and thus he does wat he did today.......and as ridz left walking away from him.............u can see on his face the utter sadness and loss he is facing and yet a certain amount of satisfaction as well.......satisfaction of achieving his mission ..............misson "push away ridz to her happiness"
I have been saying this at the AT......that his approach is wrong......but he is fully justified in wat he is doing.....poor guy loves his wife a bit too much and putting her happiness over his is wat is the issue here....

On the other hand..................Ridz is no different........she too wants happiness of her husband...........she has no clue how much of an impact Sid has on her......that seeing him hurt due to her (according to her) is killing her every second........and today she leaves him at the exact note that Sid wanted her to........"that he doesnt want her"....
Once again her hope, that Armaan had helped revive in her to make her marriage work........to give in to her relationship with Sid her whole heart n soul, went down the dumps..........She simply could not see his pain......his suffering........
How I wish if only she could know wats the exact thing that is hurting him.......if only these 2 hoplessly in love with each other could just let each other know about their feelings......

But oh well.............we are talking about SR here...............when have they done anything the right way......or the normal way.........
One thing is again clear tho.............their bond is just soooooooo amazing.....that both are on the same wavelength .......be it wateva emotion or expression.............today they are simply leaving each other's side only coz they dont wanna hurt the other..........thus they hurt themselves and in silence are causing more pain to each other not knowlingly..............wat an irony!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading the post😃  I love reading your take on things...and you couldnt have said it any better.  Of course i highlighted the parts i loved...but your rite Sid does love his wife too much, in fact he loves her to the point that he is killing himself so that she can be happy...and Ridz, thank god she found her brain and i no longer feel the need to smack her every five secs she has finally accepted what she wants she will sacrifice it for her husband but no one else, and even when she sacrifices she doesnt run away no she speaks her mind and then walks away with her head held high...and it is so true that whtever hope armaan had flamed in Ridz about saving her marriage was completely blown out by Sid today...but the great thing about hope is that the flame never dies out completely it just needs the littlest of sparks to get back going and it it will...cuz as you said SR have never done anything normal and they definitely wont let their break up stand as most normal ppl would...