Transformation from Damini Gujral to Damini Saxena

umarajag thumbnail
Hi everybody,
Especially Mru_bee... I am taking your polite suggestion seriously and am doing the jurrat of commenting on Damini's transformation from Ms. Gujral to Mrs. Saxena πŸ˜•
So here I go...

When we first meet Ms. Damini Gujral, she is this super confident, arrogant and outspoken brat of a child woman..
Child, because she has all the possessiveness in the world, about the things around her... she owns her surroundings..
Woman, because she has all the maturity in the world to handle a profession and her family together..

She is impulsive to the edge of being careless about her own person (how she ends up being the target of her own Toofie weapon, which she intended to use against her offender to-be-bodyguard)
But when it comes to her family, she is ultra-protective. Takes up her gun against the guy who targets her sister.

Playful in pulling Avni's leg, while contemplating the arrival of the Golu-Molu Jai Chawla..
Patient enough to listen to Roshni's colorful thoughts on life..
Stern enough to tell her Mom - "I can take care of myself"... which her mom ignores, much to our delight, though!!

We see her mouth words like "Aisa koi kaam nahin hai, jo Damini Gujral nahin kar sakti" and she made us believe her... πŸ˜‰
Then there was the interaction with Inder - she was the modern bride-to-be, not shy, but almost convinced that this is the guy I would want around me..😲

All changed, when a certain tough guy made his appearance.. Damini proceeds to check in him out - like any girl in her position. But does not think more about it.
She takes offense in his "akad", since she is getting challenged about her prowess - be in handling herself or in handling the horses...
Unknown to herself, she takes her impulsive actions, which keep the guy irritated and us the audiences, interested...πŸ‘
Very Very real...

Then comes the fall and grab sequences - a bit far-fetched, though. But Damini remained real - no too-much-blushing around, sharmaoing. Only confused, as to why she cannot handle herself, when this guy is around. Or is it just that, he appears, when she is in trouble... SHE IS CONFUSED...
Here starts the initiation of the Confused Damini...
The super confident Damini surfaces when the Inder fiasco surfaces, especially at the press conference.
Then we see the very agitated Damini back in her room, putting all her confusions about Inder to flames... handling everything alone...
Again we see a real girl...

Meanwhile, the confused Damini is surfacing in the presence of that previously irritating, now supportive, body-guard..
She does not understand why she asks him "Kahan ja rahe ho", while he is getting discharged from the hospital, after the shooting incident..
The super confused Damini questioning herself "Aisa bhi koi puchta hai kya", after she has blurted out "Shadi ho gayi hai tumhari?"
Her looking oh-so-gorgeous, leaving her bodyguard-turned-date into a bumbling idiot... πŸ˜†which later demands her reminding him - let us at least get out of here...

After the Inder incident, we see her maturing into a less talkative person. She does not shoot off her mouth, at every possible instance..

Then starts her confusion over the employer-employee fiasco... Mega confused over the reactions which she is getting from the blow-hot/blow-cold companion...😑
She realizes that this person is not just anyone, but someone who has been around her to be her strength, at times of hardships..
She takes out time to think over, when he is about to tell her about Mom's marriage proposal (just after Toofie had made yet another dash at her)
And then she takes the lead in confronting the man, with the question..... (Mumma ne tumse.... sh sh shadi ki baat ki?) and the subsequent "don't know where to look, what to say" episode....
Fantastic...

Once committed, the girl shows her womanly side and care towards everything with which her man is concerned - as much as he allows her to do..
But the girl has not learned from her previous experience.. she is utterly and totally believing this man too... (May be her love had blinded her)..
She is lady-like in her wedding attire, but does not go overboard with her antics.. We now have Damini Saxena.

Damini Saxena is forever left confused by her hubby, who does not know what his own plan is!
But she always remains the one to take a stance - attempt to get near him, take home the divorce papers or to break the ice..
We see the confident Damini surfacing - be it with Avni's traumatic experience or with the multiple revelations from Prithvi/her paternity...
Her mother's death is a point where all her characteristics come forth beautifully. She is shattered, but strong enough to support her sisters.
But when 2 hands come around her, she is willingly falling into them for the support they could give her (the Baghban song sequence..) Strong yet vulnerable..

Once the village gang entered the show, the CVs sort of killed the strong personality of Damini, till almost very late...

Damini's dresses - at times pale, at times not very convincing to be that of a professional/business woman at work, but always, easy on eyes.. CS carried them off well...
Apart from her engagement/wedding sequences, we never saw Damini wearing heavy jewelery... and never went to sleep in those.... (Usually we see in other shows, we see people going to sleep in body-armour type jewelery and very uncomfortable dresses. They even put maang tikas & overhead pallus when they go to sleep.. I wonder how they manage!)

Let me take this opportunity to thank the creatives of the show for giving us this character...
And to Chandana Sharma for making Damini Gujral Saxena, real!

Sorry, to my fellow-forum-dwellers, for making such a long post...
Vaada karti hoon - aisi gustaakhi main phir nahin karungi...

- Uma

Well written buddy
Really gud one superb conclusion, expressions and use of words

Grt summary
Lovd it
Miss my spl 6 again now

Gud job
Sonikins thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i would like to add one thing here
people think she was arrogant but i don't thik so she wanted to support her family she wants to protect her sisters from danger
coming up to prithvi fight she was fighting bc she can see love in his eyes remember car scene he was looking her she was getting close to him and it was hrting to her bc she was engaged. ( waise bhi if some one enters in ur closet then u will kick him)
but we have seen Polite side of damini she took care of pri's mother like a daughtr. she was best
i m thankful to cvs who has give awesome role to CS and she acted very well
proud to be gauchaholic

--Nisha-- thumbnail
hey sorry dont know ur name,just loved it amazing post on only damini,her bravery,her attitude was just amazing,she was a trendsetter
umarajag thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sheetal.Gera

hey sorry dont know ur name,just loved it amazing post on only damini,her bravery,her attitude was just amazing,she was a trendsetter

Hey Sheetal... I am Uma
--Nisha-- thumbnail
hey uma,now i know ur name
chocopie21 thumbnail
nice postπŸ‘

Dark_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful Post!⭐️

You have described the "Transformation from Damini Gujral to Damini Saxena" beautifully!πŸ‘

I completely agree with you on all the points that you have presented.πŸ˜ƒ

Damini Gujral - The angry young arrogant woman but somewhere down the line she cared for her loved ones......we got to see all those characters in her and Chandana Sharma portrayed her role Flawlessly....⭐️

Then comes

Damini Saxena - trying to start her life afresh.....forgetting all past mishaps....and once pri started behaving strange...she did her Best to keep their relationship strong!....then when things went out of control...she didn't hesitate to hand over the divorce  paper  to pri though  didn't want to lose her other half....

You did  Described "Both" the Daminis'   Amazingly ....⭐️

Thanks a lot!πŸ€—

P.S. - Thanks Mru di for asking her to write!πŸ€—
Edited by Nachiket94 - 13 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Uma!....*claps*....awesome post girl!

I loved the transformation too...the growth in her character was a wonderful thing...and Chandana played it to perfection.

Even though I was initially against them getting married off so soon etc...the softer side of Damini with the guy who she began to care for and look up to for support was a delight to watch.

And also the phase were she was faced with one harsh truth after another...her breakdown..so many emotions...

And as much as I hated that last phase when she was mentally tortured by those bunch of losers....Chandana played the traumatized victim wonderfully...ironic if not for that track...I would have missed out watching her act out a distressed individual.

jakhushi thumbnail
Hi Uma,

A very well written post...all the points put forth are well thought outπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.
Agree with you completely...Damini like a real individual went through transitions in her character that were always adequately justified.
Loved her in both her avatars.
Chandana was incredible as Damini...I am sure I would not love damini's character this much if anyone else had potrayed it. She was the perfect real age woman..who can be strong & determined when required and soft & vulnerable around her loved ones.

Loved your point on night clothesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...even I can never understand how people sleep in those attires with heavy jewelry.
I want to add that CS never needed to use excessive Make up....I loved her simple but oh-so-beautiful look.

Great Post Uma. I hope you are only pulling our legs about not writing more.
Look forward to more posts from you.

- Khushi.