(SR) Ridz... Hum dil ko samjhe denge

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Haila.  This girl won't give me one day away from DMG without having to put on my Ridz defender cap.  So I watched the epi from 5/11 and then I came by and saw everyone confused and up in arms about the conversation between Ridz and Armaan.  So even though this post is a day old, I decided I'd go ahead and make it and you guys could read it if you wanted to. 

So we see Armaan saying in the sweetest way how he loves Ridz. How hard it's been staying away and trying to convince himself that there is nothing left between them.  Then he goes on to tell her he will always love her.  That he came back for  her. So Ridz tries to let him down gently.  She tries to explain to him that it didn't all end in a snap for her. She struggled with her decisions. That while he was gone she used to spend night and day thinking and dreaming about him.  But she did move on. That they shouldn't talk about the past, because it's just that, it's the past.  You can tell by her face that she's hoping Armaan will accept this and not make her hurt him further. Cause she knows the heartache that is awaiting him once he comes to terms that they can no longer be together. 

But of course, Armaan goes on to describe how hard it is for one to stay away from the one they love.  To drown in the memories of every word they said and to know that the one person they always wanted, the one person they had always dreamed about can never be theirs.  And although in this monologue Armaan is talking about himself and how he is being torn apart on the inside without Ridz.  You can tell that every word he spoke was touching Ridz as well.  Not because she's in love with him or cause she wants to go back in time and fix it so that she and Armaan were never apart.  But because she herself has felt and lived all of those things.  She felt them when Armaan left her. When she was floundering through life trying to find a way back to the world of the living. So tries once again.  She tells him that it's too late that he was her past and that she has moved on.  It wasn't easy but she did it.  Sid is her present and her future.  She married Sid and now Sid is a part of her life.

Then comes Armaan's question' "Do you want Sid to be a part of your life?"  And here she answers the only way she can.  She says, "It makes no difference what I want."  Now I know a lot of you took this to mean that this was about her relationship with Sid.  About her marriage and how she is honor bound to keep it.  But the way I took it, and what I think she truly meant was that from the time Armaan left and up until she made the decision to fight for her marriage nothing was in her control.  It was never her decision for Armaan to leave her.  But he did.  She never planned for Sid to come into her life.  But he did.  And Sid didn't just come into her life, he held her hand at a time when she needed it the most.  He came to her when she was stuck frozen in a life without meaning.  She had lost her one reason to live, she had lost her jeene ki armaan.  But this man, Siddhant did come and he didn't just thaw her and show her that life continued, but he gave her a new reason to live. 

Once again, Armaan can't lose that last kindle of hope.  So he asks her, "Why can't we be together?".  So Ridz tries another approach she says, "fine we can convince our hearts, but how can we justify hurting others".  Now when I first heard this I was like what the'why are you even saying that you would think about it.  But then it struck that she said convince her heart.  She didn't say convince their minds.  I mean if her heart said Armaan then I could see her having to say convince their minds to make that decision.  But she says heart, and to me that says that her heart wants something else.  Her heart, as we all know, wants Sid.  So then Armaan continues to challenge her and tells her "No we can be together". Ridz asks him "Why do you keep asking me the same thing over and over?  Something for which I don't have a solution for".  And to me the solution she's referring to isn't about them getting back together.  But it's about solving Armaan's pain.  It's about convincing him that he needs to move on. And you can tell she knows that Armaan is in for a world of heartache.  When he punches the locker, she reaches for him to soothe him, but then she stops herself.  In that moment she knows that she is no longer the person meant to soothe him. 

Once again begs him to stop, to stop asking these questions that will only lead to more heartache for him and for her to reveal something that she is not ready to admit to herself, let alone say out loud.  And then she says the most important part of the conversation, "If she listens to her heart, then it betrays her."  So she says the truth, she's sid's wife.  The reason she doesn't say she loves Sid is because she hasn't admitted it to herself.  And even if she did she hasn't told it to Sid.  And love for someone isn't something you blurt out to just anyone.  You want to make sure when you say it, the person you want to hear it first is the person its meant for.  So she tells Armaan, "I know I put those tears in your eyes.  And I will am sorry for it.  And whatever punishment I get for that I will accept."  She says this because she knows how much pain Armaan will be facing, cause she herself went through that pain.  But she also knows that she can't help Armaan face that pain.  He will have to find his own way, just as she did without him.  She has someone else's pain to worry about, and that's where she goes.

So we see Ridz go to Modi Penthouse and we see everything unfold.  This confrontation once again affirms that Ridz loves Sid. If she didn't she wouldn't be going through all of this to get him to understand.  She wouldn't be putting in her all.  She said it herself, she wouldn't be there with Sid right now.  But why does she keep saying patni? Why doesn't she tell Sid that there is love between them? Everytime Sid asks her why she's at the penthouse she says it's because of their marriage.  Why she says it is actually quite simple.  She continues to say patni because she herself doesn't want to admit it to herself that it's love.  She's afraid of it.  The last time she loved someone with all of her heart not only did she get hurt when he left her, she almost died.  Thus even though she is in love with Sid, she is afraid of admitting it.  She can't admit it for fear of what it will mean. It will mean making herself vulnerable to another person. It means handing over not just her pain and hurt, but her happiness and yes' her life.  Cause when Ridz loves someone she doesn't love them with half her heart.  She loves them fully and completely and that was only confirmed by her taking her life when she saw no future with Armaan.  Thus, she says she's married and that's all there is. But if that was truly the case then to her all it would take is the divorce papers and then there no longer would be a shaadi.  So why does she keep fighting for something that is only a duty to her? Cause it's more than a duty.  It's love.

So I leave with this'Ridz is in for the fight of her life.  Not just to get Sid to believe her, but for her to understand what is really blooming in her heart before she loses him forever.  She is human, she will make mistakes and she will probably say or do something wrong.  But remember it's more important to be true to yourself then to be perfect.  And with each day I see Ridz finally listening to herself and she's finally being true to herself and to her feelings.

You know the rules...play nice

-Arp

P.S. Don't worry i'll be back with a post about Sid and his majboori

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree with your post.  I took her speech as a breaking up speech.  Since, Arman has come back she is constantly choosing Sid. 

I think the only thing she cannot say is Arman is not in her heart.  But she has moved on. Even when she signed the divorce papers her quote was Sid if you want freedom from me,  I will give it to you.  It was never about Arman.  She does care what happens to him, but not the same.  She even tells Sid when,  I first saw Arman, the first thought that crossed my mind is how will I tell Sid.  That is some one who has made her choice.

I think her line about the tears was very telling.  I know the tears in your eyes are because of me.  Whatever punishment god gives me for them I will accept.  

I agree she does not realize she loves Sid, yet. Even if she does realize she does love Sid, because of her past with Arman, she will never cross that line and say I love Sid  to Arman. 
Cookies01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great post! 👏 And I agree! After all that has been shown, I will find it highly unbelievable that Riddhima does not love Sid...this is way beyond being duty/honor bound to her marriage.

I just hope the CVs will let Sidma have a happy ending and until that day comes, my heart will find no peace, what with all these articles coming out daily! My nerves can take only so much! 😆

~Cookie

sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
"But why does she keep saying patni? Why doesn't she tell Sid that there is love between them? Everytime Sid asks her why she's at the penthouse she says it's because of their marriage.  Why she says it is actually quite simple.  She continues to say patni because she herself doesn't want to admit it to herself that it's love.  She's afraid of it.  The last time she loved someone with all of her heart not only did she get hurt when he left her, she almost died.  Thus even though she is in love with Sid, she is afraid of admitting it.  She can't admit it for fear of what it will mean. It will mean making herself vulnerable to another person. It means handing over not just her pain and hurt, but her happiness and yes' her life.  Cause when Ridz loves someone she doesn't love them with half her heart.  She loves them fully and completely and that was only confirmed by her taking her life when she saw no future with Armaan.  Thus, she says she's married and that's all there is. But if that was truly the case then to her all it would take is the divorce papers and then there no longer would be a shaadi.  So why does she keep fighting for something that is only a duty to her? Cause it's more than a duty.  It's love."

Arp sweety...............I completely agree to wat u have said in the whole post but wat caught me the most is wat I have quoted above.
Yes....having loved someone with all her heart and soul and finally losing him has simply made her fearful to the word of love itself..........But alas....love will not knock the doors of the heart b4 entering.....it just happens....slowly and softly and many a times u dont realize it. This is exactly the case of Ridz......she is in love with Sid and thats wat is bonding her.....pulling her to him.....and she she is not able to put it in words for Sid to understand simply coz she herself has not realized that love has once again pierced thru her heart n soul.......Its not just the bond of marriage.......its an eternal bond that she has formed with Sid which not only kills her to see him in pain but gives her the strength to now stand up to her past and bare the pain that her past is going thru and even more determination to withstand more pain, like she told Armaan, that she is willing to take and accept any pain for causing him pain but she simply cannot go back to him...........thats the power of her love for Sid.

Awesome post.

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Everytime you make a post u just create magic with words. absolutely correct love it like always
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Wonderful post

She is leading herself to Sid, and like you say if it isnt love then what is it

If it was just duty then just marriage - then why the pain, anger and tears

Its much more then that

On friday she got a clue that Sid wanted her in his life along, she was frozen when he sent that divorce papers, she could go forward to her future with Sid

But Sid really needs to know why she signed the papers and all that
rapunzel84 thumbnail
Wow...each post of urs weaves magic with words...u truly are a gifted writer...👏
And its so amazing, the way u analyze things...u know i was actually surprised wen ppl jumped d gun n started believing tht ridhhima still loves armaan wen she said 'kya hum doosron ko chot pahuncha ke khush reh sakenge"...they ignored a big line she says before tht...hum apne dil ko toh samjha lenge...i mean wen do u need to convince ur heart bout something? wen u r not sure of it...its as simple as tht...

anyways i loved ur post n as usual..Take a Bow!!!!

Maha_Sid-dewani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice post!! agreed!!!!!
uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
SO TRUE...now all she has to do is tell her hubby that she loves himm.............
mabel thumbnail
wonderful post.....i cant agree less wid watever u hav written....