ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago

Katrina Kaif in Welcome

Katrina Kaifhas taken a great challenge by accepting Prakash Jha's political drama, 'Rajneeti' and what makes the role more taxing is her effort to speak in Hindi. 'Rajneeti' will shut the mouth of those who very often talk about her acting inability because the film will show more of her acting skill than Katrina as a glam doll. Prakash Jha to a very extent polished Kat's toota-phoota Hindi and testing her efficiency over the language is the media. Media broke into laughter when Kat while answering their question in Hindi at a press conference stuck in the middle.

Cruel media insisted her to speak in Hindi when she was struggling to catch the right word. Wholly upset Katrina gave a tight reply to the media, "The problem is that I am talking in Hindi but you want to listen only in English". Her strong answer quiets all.

Came in rescue of the actress was director Prakash Jha. Justifying Kat's hold in the language, he said "It's a different ballgame altogether in the recording studio where the actual Hindi expertise comes into picture. Katrina has done a fabulous job in the film. Beyond the film if she is comfortable speaking English in her personal life, I don't sense any problem in that".

Hindi or no Hindi, Kat has been ruling the heart of millions.

Read more: Media laughs at Katrina | Katrina Kaif | Prakash Jha | Rajneeti http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/media-laughs-at-katrina/5787/?utm_source=Bollywood+Mantra+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b3e5f2c2ec-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email#ixzz0nayzrzZv

Read more: Media laughs at Katrina | Katrina Kaif | Prakash Jha | Rajneeti http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/media-laughs-at-katrina/5787/?utm_source=Bollywood+Mantra+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b3e5f2c2ec-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email#ixzz0nazitoDz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
how rude of the media...the girl's really trying yaar....we shud encourage her...
Debo_Afghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I dont get why this girl cant speak hindi properly.I mean how many years is she in this industry, besides that her father is from India.

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Debo_afg

I dont get why this girl cant speak hindi properly.I mean how many years is she in this industry, besides that her father is from India.

I agree..although not trying to be rude here, but her first film was sometime early-mid 2000s ...so fairly she's been in the industry for 5 yrs minimum... to be honest to work in a hindi movie its better that one has a good grasp on the language or else it defeats the purpose..she's 'trying' and thats great but it shouldn't take one like 5yrs to learn the languge..and i can speak on this b/c when i was 16 is when i first learned hindi..i went to india for 3months and picked up the language..it just takes practice not just memorization
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hehe i can speak n understand hindi just cuz i watch hindi movies :P

but i cant read or write in hindi :P
Debo_Afghan thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigrl05

</div>

<div>
<font color="#ff3366">I agree..although not trying to be rude here, but her first film was sometime early-mid 2000s ...so fairly she's been in the industry for 5 yrs minimum... to be honest to work in a hindi movie its better that one has a good grasp on the language or else it defeats the purpose..she's 'trying' and thats great but it shouldn't take one like 5yrs to learn the languge..and i can speak on this b/c when i was 16 is when i first learned hindi..i went to india for 3months and picked up the language..it just takes practice not just memorization</font>

True,

I have been watching Indian movies and series from past 6 years, I have never been in India or being with India people, but I can speak and understand Hindi very well. Also because I am not originaly from India.

ffkhan thumbnail
It takes a long time to speak in Hindi or Bangla fluently to a western but easterns doesn't take time to learn the languages so longer. Because the speaking style of eastern and western is very different.

Because of this reason Katrina can't speak the language fluently. It may take more time for her to speak the language easily.
Debo_Afghan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ffkhan

It takes a long time to speak in Hindi or Bangla fluently to a western but easterns doesn't take time tolearn the languagesso longer. Because thespeaking style ofeastern and western is very different.

</div>
<div>Because of this reason Katrina can't speak the language fluently. It may take more time for her tospeakthe language easily.

Are u kidding.πŸ˜•
I am sure Katrina has own teacher who gives her lessons.
I have seen alot of people who lives in westerns but does speak hindi very well, and those doesnt have teacher from past 8 years.

The important in learning a language is giving it importancy. Sometimes I feels she shame of talking in hindi, I mean no one would laugh at her if atleast she try to speak in hindi.

Edited by Debo_afg - 13 years ago
ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Debo_afg

Are u kidding.πŸ˜•
I am sure Katrina has own teacher who gives her lessons.
I have seen alot of people who lives in westerns but does speak hindi very well, and those doesnt have teacher from past 8 years.

The important in learning a language is giving it importancy. Sometimes I feels she shame of talking in hindi, I mean no one would laugh at her if atleast she try to speak in hindi.

I'm not kidding. I'm serious.
And are you telling about those people who are eastern by birth but stay in western country?Confused
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Media is doing all this just becasue the producers, directors adn KAtrina has made Rajneeti out to be only in mews for Katrina's HIndi.πŸ˜•

I am sure the movie will have much more to it than a hindi movie actress speaking in hindiπŸ˜†. The movie has such a huge talent acting wise but they all are being ignored by Prakash Jha for the commercial success of KAtrina. This worries me. Till now Prakash Jha has stood by his vision but here I can see the change in him.

He is so desperate to get his movie in the news that he talks about getting NAtional awards for Ranbir and KAtrina....he has never done that and both times Ajay got National awards.

So my point is why blame media when you are the only one saying over and over again - KAtrina has hour long speech in tru hindi, katrina says that seh knows more difficult hindi words than Arjun Ramphal, one day KAt is saying she based her character on Priyanka Gandhi the next day it is on Sonia Gandhi....WHAT ABOUT - Nana, Ajay, Manoj? Great talent.

Is Rajneeti about Ranbir-KAtrina's chemistry and KAtrina's hindi?

If it is then I am sure it is not going to work. Prakash Jha is disappointing me by falling into the trap of cashing on a successful PAir.....sorry