Ridhima's infidelity! I dont think so!

DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Logging after a long time, I skimmed through the forum posts and was surprised to see the angst being directed against Ridhima. Yes, she has been fickle, completely inexplicable and downright irritating more often than not, though I am not sure that she deserves the brickbats that she's been given especially about infidelity...

Ridhima has always been intense, be it her misconceptions, her opinions, her reactions, her emotions or her relationships. She took a really long time to accept that she loved Armaan but when she did, it was with a passion that matched Armaan's fervour.

When she married Sid, the same passion drove her  to try to commit suicide and the same intensity dives her to protect and try and make her marriage work no matter what the cost to her.

That she loved Armaan and that he will always be dear to her is a fact, with Sid, there was never love. In all my posts I have always said this. Ridhima has never admitted to or claimed to love Sid. Yes, she admires and respects him for what he has done for her family and her and maybe even holds him in great affection but it's not love. Not love as she understands it, not love as she has known it. Yes, over time they would've developed a bond, but it would be a different kind of love – more mature and more companionship than the wild passion that she remembers love as.

Is she committing infidelity? I don't think so, at least not with Sid. Maybe in a sense to the institution that she has tied herself to. She has never claimed to love Sid, so she can't be committing infidelity to him because there is no relationship other than a fledgling one that was enforced upon them by their own stupidity, yes, she is indeed tied to him by marriage and to that institution she needs to be honest.

But my question is where is she dishonest? She is torn between a man she married and a man she still loves. To me, that doesn't constitute infidelity especially when Sid and she are still trying to settle in the marriage, each with their own baggage. Everyone takes their own time to... Just because she was forced to marry Sid (albeit due to her own stupidity) can't make her stop loving Armaan or get over him the next day! Real life doesn't work like that. We all know what is an acceptable thing to do, but do we always do that? The dictionary defines infidelity as unfaithful to a sexual partner! If anything Ridhima has tried very hard to cut off Armaan from her life.

Sid always knew that she loved Armaan desperately even when he married her;  he has seen her madness for Armaan to the extent that she was willing to die. He of all people should understand her dilemma – he loved Tammana once. Or maybe that's exactly why he doesn't –he got over Tammana so fast that he probably expects Ridhima to do the same, lol!

Yes, he is going through a lot of emotional upheaval, but then so is Ridhima. Then why are we so understanding of Sid but not of Ridhima?