(SR) Kiddy pools make great mirrors...

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

I'm warning you all'its 2 am and I'm running on 4 hours of sleep'.but after watching the epi something has been bothering me and I just wanted to get it out'

Ok first off'I am truly a Ridz fan (that is abt 75% of the time' I mean she's crazy and she's emotional but what can I tell you the girl inside of me just seems to try and see things from her perspective and find some logic in her actions)'but today when she said her phrase of the week "Leave me" to Armaan, I must say I was glad he let her go like she's been wanting all this time and she crumbled into the pool with an ungraceful splash.  I must say I cracked up watchin this and you know what even I (the Ridz defender and all) can say she deserved it (although personally I think Sid had more right to do so than Armaan'but oh well as long as the kaam was done I'm good)

Anyways when I watched the epi and that pool scene was shown where Ridz is sitting there in the pool looking at her reflection and Armaan's I seemed to get a completely weird vibe from that scene.  Now I know a lot of people are taking that scene and they see at as Ridz looking down and seeing her and Armaan's reflection and her thinking of how happy she was.  How those were truly good times and that although she was happy, those times were simply her reflecting on her past.  That yes she will always have those memories, but that is all they are they are memories and you carry memories with you forever but you certainly don't revolve your life or your future around them. And I'm sure this was the ultimate idea of the CVs and that they were trying to show.  How Ridz is remembering her times with Armaan and she was not angry or bitter, but happy.  That she had moved on to the point where she can look back at her first love and see it as that.  Her first.  And with firsts there comes seconds, and thirds'and countless other numbers.

But when I saw that scene, I mean when I watched it the first time (cause after the thoughts I had I had to rewind it a couple of times) the vibe I got was something else completely different.  I mean there she was sitting in the pool drenched and she exchanged fire with Armaan.  The "How Dare you?" and the pointed finger were all done out of anger.  She was just revving up for a battle but she couldn't think fast enough so she looked side to side and sputtered trying to come up with her next verbal throw.  I mean her face in that moment was angry. Then she glances down, and sees the reflection.  Her face (not the one in the reflection I'm talking about the shots where they actually show her) when she initially looks down is one of wonder.  Then she slowly starts to curve her lips upward looking at the reflections.  And eventually we see her smile gently for a bit.  Then all of the sudden her eyebrows scrunch down and her breathing gets a little faster and then she runs her hand threw the water disrupting the reflections.  Searches for something and finally looks up with an apprehensive face at the man standing in front of her. 

Now what struck me is that when she initially looks down I said that she has a look of wonder.  What if what she was looking at in wonder was not the reflection of her and Armaan, but just her.  What if she saw herself in that moment and was in wonder of her sitting in a pool half covered in mud.  Then she starts to slowly curve her lips up, then the gently smile and I must say it seemed her face emoted peace in that moment.  Now what if the reflection she saw was not Armaan's but was something else.  What if that reflection she saw in that moment was Sid?  I would just like to point to all you that if you watch the scene, initially when she's looking in wonder Armaan's face is clear in the reflection, but once she starts to curve her lips upward there are ripples in the pool and yes we can see a yellow shirt and yes we know that it is Armaan standing there'but what was so clear to me was that Armaans face was not clear in those moments Ridz's actual face was shown smiling.  Then when his face does become clear again in the reflection, that is the moment where Ridz scrunches down her eyebrows and her breathing picks up. 

Then she pushes the water aside looks for something.  Now what if in that moment she lost the image of Sid she was seeing the one that was making her smile? What if she all of the sudden snapped out of it and saw that it was not Sid she was seeing reflecting back at her, but that it was Armaan.  So naturally what happened is she got panicky and her heart rate and breathing went up.  So what is the next thing you would do??? Obviously you would shift the water in hopes of trying to get back that image you saw.  When it was clear that what she thought she saw and what was actually there were two different things she once again looks up at Armaan and we see her apprehensive look back on her face.

Now this may just be me going crazy on not enough sleep.  It's definitely the ever optimist in me.  And it could possibly be me playing devils advocate again for that pagal Ridz.  But I thought I'd share what I took from that scene and I would love to hear what your guys' takes is on the scene or even my thoughts.

You guys know the rules'play nice

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rapunzel84 thumbnail
wow..i liked ur post a lost...u really write well...n loved ur interpretation...but sorry sweets have to disagree wit u...i dun think she saw sid...it was clearly armaan...n although the face was not clear, the asmani background music proved it was armaan she was seeing in the reflection...

but here s wat i think...for me ridhhima saw her n armaan together in the water...reflecting a dream...her dream...a beautiful dream...wat could have been..thts wat she saw..she n armaan...together...she smiles thinking bout those memories n the dream...but then realization dawns on her...she s not in the past anymore...she s not in tht phase of life anymore....things are not the same n her sifting the water indicated tht she doesnt wanna dwell on the past anymore...a beautiful past it was tht made her smile but her present n her future lies somewhere else...not with this man who s standing in front of her but the man who s right now not with her n mayb thts y those anxious expressions...

My POV though...n once again...very well written 😊
@ Topic Maker: First of all I would like to say is that you write beautifully and I liked how you analyzed the situation. I know you had an optimistic approach to that scene. But, I'll have to agree with what Rapunzel said. Ridz was looking at Armaan and her reflection of the past and the love they shared together. But, she soon realized that she was married now and it was her past she drifted her hand at the reflections causing ripples in the water. As I am very disappointed at today's episode and what Sid has to witness. If the CRV's wanted it the AR way, they could've dignified the story in a better way that actually made sense instead of what they're showing now. But, I have to say that you wrote it really beautifully. 😳 Wish Riddhima gave me any reason to agree with you but, she didn't. 😕
arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rapunzel84

wow..i liked ur post a lost...u really write well...n loved ur interpretation...but sorry sweets have to disagree wit u...i dun think she saw sid...it was clearly armaan...n although the face was not clear, the asmani background music proved it was armaan she was seeing in the reflection...

but here s wat i think...for me ridhhima saw her n armaan together in the water...reflecting a dream...her dream...a beautiful dream...wat could have been..thts wat she saw..she n armaan...together...she smiles thinking bout those memories n the dream...but then realization dawns on her...she s not in the past anymore...she s not in tht phase of life anymore....things are not the same n her sifting the water indicated tht she doesnt wanna dwell on the past anymore...a beautiful past it was tht made her smile but her present n her future lies somewhere else...not with this man who s standing in front of her but the man who s right now not with her n mayb thts y those anxious expressions...

My POV though...n once again...very well written 😊

Thanks for liking the post, and for responding...and you know what no need to apologize for disagreeing i already admitted tht its prolly the optimist in me (and prolly lack of sleep) cuz if i look at it logically it is wht you say that she saw Armaan and her past...and that in tht moment she realized that its the closing of her chapter...i just wanted to throw out what i thought int he moment i saw the epi and see if any one else might have felt that....i fig the odds were slim to none...but eh i didnt hurt LOL
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
This is actually a GREAT post !! I LOVEDDDDDDDD how u analyzed it :D

Even I think that a girl will always remember her first love with a smile.. That doesn't mean she doesnt love her present husband or something like that.. Her past is beautiful, why would she cry remembering those? Those memories are a part of her..

But that doesn't mean she won't make new memories.. She won't move on and live with those memories forever.. That's all!
@topic mker.......write SIDDMA or SR in the topic title

Riddhima needs to deal with the ghosts of her past! She needs to accept the past as a beautiful memory and has to learn to face her past in a normal way. Finally, after avoiding Armaan for days, we have seen her slowly walking through her past in the last two episodes. There was a little struggle, but we could see that she had learnt to move past it. The way she said 'How crazy we were then?' also shows that she is moving on in life.

Even I want her to deal with her past and then accept whole-heartedly 😳. Yesterday's episode has shown how much concerned she was for Sid. The way she ran after Sid without thinking abt her foot and her incessant worry that Sid will hurt himself after the bitter arguement showed us how much she feels for Sid. She just has to slowly realise that these feelings are more than care and concern... its Love 😳.

After yesterday's episode, I'm positive about the success of SR relationship and will continue to hope that they will soon realise that they are meant to be with each other 😍

Edited by luvarti - 13 years ago