-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey all...well my name is Sumaiya...and I do watch this show on and off...so Iooking at the recent turn of events...I developed a one shot...hope you all like it! Even if you don't lol you can criticize...I'll appreciate that as well! Thanks!

The ones living upstairs

"Who lives upstairs, sister?"

"We have paying guests..."

"Paying guests?"

"Arre Thakur Sahib, don't worry! They are a married couple!"

"Both of them are so sweet...it seems like they love each other a lot!"

Hearing what her former neighbour before her kids were born was saying...Thakurain couldn't help remembering her own daughter...one whose name was forbidden to be taken in their house. It had been a little more than two years since she had last seen her daughter...in the hospital where her child had to choose between her father and her husband. She has been regretting ever since...why didn't she interupt? Why did she let her go...why did she allow her Abha to leave?

She was shaken out her of thoughts when she felt Lata saying something to her...though she wasn't sure if she was the target of the conversation.

"So, they don't have anyone else in their family?" thakurain was wrong...Lata was speaking to Sarab bhai.

"Well, we haven't seen anyone else...nor does anyone ever come to visit them!"

"Then you shouldn't have let them into the house! They must have ran away from home!"

Everyone looked at Thakur with a shocked expression...the words coming out of his mouth were very personal and filled with venom of hatred. Just like his wife...even he couldn't stop himself from rememebering his daughter...who chose her own happiness over their's. He had decided that day itself that he would never forgive her.

"Thakur Sahib, both kids are very sweet...I fail to understand who would let go of such precious children!" Sarib bhai tried to explain but Thakur Pratap shook his head violently to disagree.

"Kids who abandon their families can never be good! They don't know the meaning of family!"

"But if they didn't know the meaning of family...they wouldn't be starting their own family! The girl is pregnant!" Sarab bhai's wife argued back.

Everyone was quiet for few minutes...not wanting to argue further...Sarab bhai tried to change the subject.

"By the way...how is your daughter? I forgot her name...Patniji remind me her name please!" Sarab bhai looked at his wife who had an apologetic look since she couldn't remember it either.

Before the couple could say anything further...Thakur grumbled that he had no dauther. While Sarab bhai and his wife looked at each other confused...the other family members tried their best to hide their sullen faces.

There was silence in the room again...none of them could think of anything to say to ease the tension. All one could hear for those few minutes was the ceiling fan twirling itlsef noisely as the people in the living room tried to look everywhere besides each other.

*Knock*

*Knock*

Sarab bhai came out of his trance state and got up to open the door. He slightly opened it...

"Beta?"

"Uncle...sorry to disturb you! I know you've got guests at home...but I was wondering if you have mirchi ka achar?"

Sarab bhai looked at the young man in front of him with a confused expression which suddenly changed into a smile when he caught onto what the matter was...

"A craving...I suppose?" the boy at the door nodded with an agitated expression.

Sarab bhai turned to go back to the living room to ask his wife about the achar after telling him to wait...

"Patniji, do we have mirchi ka achar?"

His wife looked at him with a confused expression...

"Ji?"

"Pregnancy craving!" was all he needed to say for his wife to understand...

She got up with a smile on her face and went into the kitchen to retrieve the achaar.

"Her you go!" she handed him the whole jar which he took with a silent laugh and went back to the main door.

"Oh...I don't think we'll need so much!"

"Beta...in such a time...you don't know what will be needed and how much of it will be needed!"

The young man smiled in response and lefter after accepting the whole jar of achar.

He opened the door leading to his own living room where his wife was sitting with an angry yet a cute expression...or so he thought...

"Your achar, Abhaji!"

Abha looked at the her husband and then at the jar...but then without acknowledging either of them...she turned her face away.

"Abha...achar!"

Karan walked up to his wife and was just about to sit down when she got up...

"Karan...who said that I want achar!"

"Abha...you asked me to bring it!"

"No..I didn't!"

"But..."

"No ifs! No buts!"

"Only Jaats!" Karan couldn't help himself from interupting but quickly suppressed his smile when he saw the deadly expression on his wife's face.

"Karan! I don't want achar! First you got me pregnant and now you can't even fulfil my one little wish!"

Karan had to quickly place the jar on the centre table because Abha started to cry uncontrollably.

"A...Ah..Abha...stop...stop crying! Please!"

Karan tried to wipe her tears but everytime he thought he was successful...fresh new tears would show up in their place.

"Okay! Tell me...tell me...what do you want?"

"I want...I want...um...um...I want..." Karan's worried expression changed into one of amusement as his wife tried to think of a food item that she wanted...of course with a cute expression.

After few minutes of thinking...she finally announced that she wanted to eat makaai that an old man usually sold at the corner of their street.

Karan got up and helped Abha get up as well...they smiled at each other as Karan touched his forehead with her's. After their very brief gesture of love, they proceeded downstairs as slowly and carefully as they could.

Sarab bhai and his wife had insisted Karan and Abha to move downstairs for the time being since it would be much easier for Abha to move around. But she refused stating that she liked living upstairs and she didn't want them to infringe on Sarab bhai's family's life.

"Um...just wait right here! I am going to go and grab the jar of achar from upstairs!" Karan ran back upstairs leaving Abha standing at the bottom of the stairways.

When he returned, she was sitting on the last step of the stairs...crying again. He took two steps at a time in a hurry to reach her and almost tripped but steadied himself at the last moment.

"What's wrong?"

"K...Karan...I...I am so mean to you!"

Abha who had her head on Karan's shoulder...looked up to see a confused expression on her husband's face.

"Abha...you're not mean to me at all!"

"Yes, I am!"

"But jaana..."

"Now you won't even listen to me!"

Abha punched Karan on his arm before turning her face away in anger. Karan shook his head with a smile and placed his hand on her chin to turn her face toward him.

"You are the most important person in my life, Abha! If I won't listen to you...who else will I listen to?"

Abha smiled a teary smile and gave Karan a kiss on his cheek before trying to get up once again...

"Let's go eat makaai!"

Karan got up as well and held his wife by her shoulders as they walked out of the house...forgetting the achar jar on the step of the stairways.

If they had remembered to return their jar...they would have noticed an entire family standing by the door of Sarab bhai's house...looking at the young couple with expression ranging from anger to happiness and some with sadness.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gp00 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, my gosh...This was so lovely to read. You are a really good writer.

Consider me one who will happily read more of these. Please post whenever you have more!!! 👏
musenartist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!it's awesum................Pls continue soon..............
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sumiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 🤗

I must say Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

It reminded me of the YuNA FF u wrote with Naina expectin...........But here u kept both the characters intact with the shw..👏...THNX 👍🏼

WILL U WRITE MORE...................Iknw u hav time to 😛
Vineeta92 thumbnail
hey...good one..just read this today...😊
gauranitai thumbnail
fantastic post! it was sooo cute!
-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for the all the comments! really appreciate them!! :P