Rahul Pendkalkar (Nihal) - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Dus Ka Dum

Ten-year-old Rahul Pendkalkar plays the adorable Nihal Singh on STAR One's Jaane Pehchaane Se... Yeh Ajnabbi.

The child actor loves working on the show and spending time with actor Siddharth Shukla who plays his uncle in the show. This cutie is a huge Amitabh Bachchan fan and wants to become just like him once he grows up.

We caught up with the ten year old, class IV student and here's what he had to say.

What made you join films and television soaps?

I have my father to thank for that. He used to take me for various auditions and that's how I got my first daily soap Bhabhi on STAR Plus. After that I did the Ambuja Cement advertisement.

How do you manage your studies and shooting for a daily soap?

It wasn't difficult at all as the production house was kind enough to let me study on the sets. Siddharth bhaiya too helped me with my studies. Even my teachers from St Lawrence High School (Vashi, Mumbai) and friends helped me out and that's how I could manage. Infact, I scored 86 per cent in my Std III exams.

What are your favourite subjects?

I love English, Marathi and Computers

How is it working with Aditi Tailang, Sanjeeda Sheikh and Siddharth Shukla?

Aditi didi is very nice, she plays with me all the time. I do a lot of masti with Sanjeeda didi and also play carrom with her. She has a very sweet smile and Sanjeeda didi has also invited me to the sets of her new show. Siddharth bhaiyya and I play hide-and-seek on the sets.

You have worked with great actors like Amitabh Bachchan in Rann and Aamir Khan in Ghajini and also Ranbir Kapoor in Wake Up Sid and Shahid Kapoor in Chance Pe Dance. How was it while working with them?

It was nice shooting with all of them, especially Ranbir bhaiyya and Amitabh uncle. During the shooting of Rann, Amitabh uncle used to keep me entertained with fairytales. Even Aamir uncle is very nice.

Which is your favourite video game and why? Which is the latest one you've bought?

I love video games and whenever I'm free I play on my PS2. Please tell my mom to give me the new cricket video game on my birthday which is on 17th June.

Who is your favourite actor in both TV and films?

Ranbir Kapoor and Veer bhaiyya (Siddharth Shukla )

Who is your favourite actress in films and TV?

Katrina Kaif and Radhika didi (Sanjeeda Shaikh) just chk on the spl across, keep it consistent to our fan club

Who do you consider to be your acting icon? And what do you like about him/her?

I love Amitabh Bachchan as he works very hard. I also like Deepika Padukone because she is so tall just like Amitabh uncle.

What are your hobbies?

I love swimming and I also like playing cricket, badminton, carom, lock-and-key, and hide-and-seek.

What do you like about this show Jaane Pehchaane Se.. Ye Ajnabbi?

I love all the characters of the show and I also like the fact that it is the No 1 show.

What is your ambition in life?

I want to become just like Amitabh Bachchan

You will now be seen in two films Miss You Mom and Delhi Belly? Tell us about your experience?

Shooting for both the movies is over and now I am waiting for them to release. The experience was good. Just like my TV show, I know even my films will be loved by all.

So don't forget to watch the cute Nihal on STAR One's Jaane Pehchaane Se... Yeh Ajnabi as he tries to bring his disguised aunt Radhika and uncle Veer closer in his cute little ways, every Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Delishus thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Awww por thing wnts a cricket video game
aunty pls buy him one 😉
radhika6 thumbnail