The shackles still remain!

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Ever since Arman returned a certain section of the audience have been begging for her to divorce Sid-to get rid of the bond that apparently binds her because she was being held back from her love because of this shackle.

Today we saw the shackles break and the one who unlocked the shackles was Ridhima herself.She signed for the last time,a name which has changed her life and her persona-Ridhima Modi in the divorce paper!And viola the shackles broke-

For many people this has always been a choice between marriage and love-

For me the question was simple.If the choice was between marriage and love then why didnt Ridhima wholeheartedly accept the divorce papers-why was the pain so real?Why was she bawling and crying?

The answer was that Ridhima is too traditional a girl to break the institution of marriage even though she is hurting and dying to be with Arman.

Today the traditional girl broke marriage- and with a flourish,without talking to her husband and without giving  a damn for the society.But she didnt do this to be with her love-with Arman.

She did it because she thought her husband did not want her.She believed she was burdening him with an unwanted marriage.The marriage is not a burden on her but on him- as she believes!

And that I think proves that Ridhima was not staying married because of societal rules because if society mattered so much-ridhima wouldnt have signed the papers today!

The society norms are the same today as it was when Arman returned.The only that changed was her belief-before she thought Sid wanted her-now she believes he didnt want her.

That shows that all these days it was not only marriage that held her back-something more was there which bonded her to Sid!

Today
Though she is not bound by marriage-the shackles still remain!She might be free legally but she remains bound emotionally

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IloveARLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Neha_S

Ever since Arman returned a certain section of the audience have been begging for her to divorce Sid-to get rid of the bond that apparently binds her because she was being held back from her love because of this shackle.

Today we saw the shackles break and the one who unlocked the shackles was Ridhima herself.She signed for the last time,a name which has changed her life and her persona-Ridhima Modi in the divorce paper!And viola the shackles broke-

For many people this has always been a choice between marriage and love-

For me the question was simple.If the choice was between marriage and love then why didnt Ridhima wholeheartedly accept the divorce papers-why was the pain so real?Why was she bawling and crying?

The answer was that Ridhima is too traditional a girl to break the institution of marriage even though she is hurting and dying to be with Arman.

Today the traditional girl broke marriage- and with a flourish,without talking to her husband and without giving  a damn for the society.But she didnt do this to be with her love-with Arman.

She did it because she thought her husband did not want her.She believed she was burdening him with an unwanted marriage.The marriage is not a burden on her but on him- as she believes!

And that I think proves that Ridhima was not staying married because of societal rules because if society mattered so much-ridhima wouldnt have signed the papers today!

The society norms are the same today as it was when Arman returned.The only that changed was her belief-before she thought Sid wanted her-now she believes he didnt want her.

That shows that all these days it was not only marriage that held her back-something more was there which bonded her to Sid!

Today
Though she is not bound by marriage-the shackles still remain!She might be free legally but she remains bound emotionally

Correction Maam..SID has always failed to show Ridz that he wants her..except once by saying mai tumhe pasand karne laga hoo..but since Amy is bak, Sid has always potrayed to her that her right place is with armaan..be it making her meet armaan..or even telling armaan that ridz still loves him..

Wat kind of hubby does that to his wife...?

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: IloveARLove

Correction Maam..SID has always failed to show Ridz that he wants her..except once by saying mai tumhe pasand karne laga hoo..but since Amy is bak, Sid has always potrayed to her that her right place is with armaan..be it making her meet armaan..or even telling armaan that ridz still loves him..

Wat kind of hubby does that to his wife...?

The reasons behind all this has been discussed time and again!And this post talks about Ridhima and her notions of marriage so I think its going off topic.

I dont mind pointing out why Sid did what he did -but I think this is not the right place.You can pm me and we can have a lively chat!
wow.............wow.....................AWESOME POST

i wanted to say this for a long time now.........but cudnt pen it down the way u did..................hats off to u

agree with each and every line of urs

also in 2days epi when armaan told her She still loves him.............that part didnt EVEN MOVE HER A BIT

what affected her is the fact that SID SAID IT............now thats called a bonding which is above marriage and love.................more strong and special than any other bond

this marriage was never a burden on her......remember the initial days after marriage....when sid came for the pag phere ki rasam and acted like a nice hubby to her....the way her face was glowing ..........ufffffffffffffffffffff

also in pune ............i bet if sid indeed reached there instead of Armaan...............Ridz wud hv just rushed in SIDs arms................

cvs rnt giving a proper convo between SR coz once this misunderstanding is over.............NO FORCE IN THIS WORLD CAN SEPARATE SR..............

as Armaan so rightly said that................IS JANAM MEIN RIDZY SID KI HO CHUKI..................

and its not coz she is married to him..................its coz now Sid means the WORLD to her

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Well we can see why Ridz signed coz of her thinking Sid doesnt want her and this marriage and constantly somehow pushing her to Armaan, and she signed in anger and frustration, and to hurt Sid the most which was obvious what she said after she signed, but she hurts as well, because SR hurt each other and with each other, and have to be in pain together - thats how they work - always has been. Its that bond again!!!

Ridz can free Sid by a paper, but can she let go of him from her heart and soul (same as Sid) - where it matters the most, because thats where her whole being and feelings are rising for Sid

Its that bond that has always been there, that nameless bond that has always pulled them together way before marriage, thier marriage bond was a name given to them - one proof to the world to name their relation/bond but deep down their connection/bond is something else, their deep inner beings are connected, binded together

Souls are connected, Sid is Ridz soul!!!

They are simply Soulmates

I found this quote today, and very true for SR
True love is the soul's recognition of its counterpart in another

Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well said..

if Ridz was binded to Sid by marriage and if society did matter to her, the girl wouldnt of signed...
there is something definitely more in this relationship..
she was ready to let go of Armaan, but the thought of losing Sid completely shattered her world.
from her POV it would hurt to think that the one guy that stuck with her during the worst phase of her life doesnt want to be with her. But this is where she is wrong because she hasn't even talked to Sid about it.

I've said this before, but if she really wanted to be with Armaan she would have achieved that a long time ago. This girl can go to any extent in my opinion and nothing stops her.
But she didnt...so what does that prove? she wants to stay in this marriage because Sid means more to her and she it emotionally attached to him right now..

mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I like how you put forward your views...and you did it so well........

She signed  the DP .......her dads lecture ...dint prevent her from signing...nor did society rules prevent her.........so she could have done it before if she wanted to.......wonder what prevented her๐Ÿค”

An independant woman makes an independant decision.

But she does it out of anger on her husband.....no smoke no fire ๐Ÿ˜‰
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Neha............awesomely put sweetyyyyyyy....๐Ÿ‘

Indeed Ridz did wat majority have been waiting for...........BUTTTTTT..........did she really do it coz she wanted it......????? NOOOOOO
Then why??? Coz Sid wanted it. (according to her).....and why would Sid's opinion matter at all to begin with....?????

As lennie rightly put it..........coz of that deep bond that they share.....unknowlingly, Sid has entered her soul......and this is yet to be realized by her๐Ÿ˜ณ
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: supercool3

Well said..

if Ridz was binded to Sid by marriage and if society did matter to her, the girl wouldnt of signed...
there is something definitely more in this relationship..
she was ready to let go of Armaan, but the thought of losing Sid completely shattered her world.
from her POV it would hurt to think that the one guy that stuck with her during the worst phase of her life doesnt want to be with her. But this is where she is wrong because she hasn't even talked to Sid about it.

I've said this before, but if she really wanted to be with Armaan she would have achieved that a long time ago. This girl can go to any extent in my opinion and nothing stops her.
But she didnt...so what does that prove? she wants to stay in this marriage because Sid means more to her and she it emotionally attached to him right now..

Exactly - i mean when Ridz is adamant, she is adamant - and nothing stops her , so really if Armaan's love is so overpowering still to her, then she would have gone back even after her confrontation with Sid and finding out about Pune but no she didnt (and also we got that fact that Sid was capable of breaking heart and thats a big thing), and she was even willing and capable of saying goodbye to Armaan and having this closure and living withut him, it felt like a weight off her shoulders in a way, she had another chance to stop Armaan - it wasnt coz she couldnt it was coz she didnt want to.

Something powerful is between SR, and its overpowering the love she has for Armaan, she will always love him, but she isnt IN love with him.

But here she doesnt want to let Sid go - one mentioned of Sid leaving, she was shattered, another blow straight to her heart - why did it hurt more and overshadowed Armaan's goodbye just a few secs ago,

This divorce she is getting back at Sid, thats all it is - and hurting him, and hurting with him,  really she is doing this for Sid, and signed those papers, coz its what he wants and she is angry - very hurt, that he doesnt want to be with her, and all that
Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Very well said .....I love your view points and explanation. This is the reality of SR. Rid is not chosing Arman because she prefers and wants to be with Sid but not because of Sid is her husband. Today's episode hopefully answered to those ppl who were saying that Rid is bounded by her marriage that is why she wanted to be with Sid. A big no to that.....she actually prefers Sid over Arman!! Is not it awesome??