DMG 21st Apr - Punch-An-Answer

Mars35913062 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
As per my post yesterday, the episode started with friendly boxing match which was more of Punch-An-Answer. You are asked a question and if you know the answer, instead of ringing the bell, you punch while you answer the question.

This is a unique and decent way of discussion sensitive topics. You are not shouting or calling names to each other, no kicking, no shirt-tearing pulls, and if you fall, you take your time to get up. Just clean punch on the face. The only rule is that you have to answer the question within 10 seconds of the last punch. You may have noticed, Sid sitting on the bench, thinking what to say and then gets up and punches Armaan.

This is the very unique idea but unfortunately it was copied prematurely, by military academy or schools where the young men are asked to resolve their difference in the boxing ring and after they air out their hatred they become friends.

Going back to the scene, it was the same old discussion she loves and she loves me not.. but with additional 'punches' (not punch line as of a joke)

During their fight they followed their fighting or flight plan, from locker room to corridor - to fire escape, and it was the first time Sid was there and when Armaan brought him down in the FE I suspected something fishy..like Armaan is going to pin him against the wall and even try to kiss him (GetSmart act). That FE is purely Armaan home ground or territory. Sid could sense danger in that area and fell into the basket-ball court. They did not take a bus as we all know that flights have been canceled because of the volcano eruption. Now the flights are leaving but there is so much of backlog. They could not get a seat. Although at the airport you can see people fighting for the seats, but Armaan and Sid are not fighting for the seat, it all abut adding color to old dialogues.
In short, it was a similar discussion that took place on the terrace but slightly violent and perhaps extended to reasons for leaving and marrying Riddhima.
The discussion in the corridor of the hospital is the most private place on this earth to discuss about one's wife with a person whom he wants to his wife. Sid even going to the extent of saying "eik divorced larki se shaadi nahin karna chahta.." is he in the mode of I dare you???

I was really feeling pity for Riddhima as it reminded me of a joke. It fits for both the men in her life.

Joke time:
Two girlfriends from college days meet after sometime. After they updated each other on various things,
1GF asked: "Tumhare boyfriend ka kya hua?"
2GF "Kaun sa,.. Sid?"
1GF "Haan wohi.."
2GF "bahut fazool tha, main ne chor diya"
1GF "kyun kya kiya uss ne"
2GF "mujhay bola I want to kiss you on your lips.."
1GF "main ne kaha ke ye sub shaadi ke baad hoga.."
2GF "theek kaha, phir.."
1GF "phir woh har week phone karne laga.. "
2GF "phone! kyun?, kya kehta tha.."
1GF "Poochta tha, tumhari shaadi ho gaye, tumhari shaadi ho gaye hai kya."

End Joke time

JP and Jiggy are the first one to identify ke yeh eik larki ka maamla hai. Other staff thought that they were putting up an entertainment show in the corridor.

JP suggests lets call the referee, Riddhima.

Fight continues, every time Sid is punched he takes a mid-air roll like a gymnast. Was he trained to be a belle dancer?

On one occasion I felt that Armaan is beating up Sid for what he is doing to Riddhima, and Sid is beating up Armaan as to why he left Riddhima. But how can Riddhima beat both of them, for what they are doing to her.
They both justified as "meri majboori thi.." as they punched back.

The prize winning, punching the answer came when Armaan punched him saying "toh aaj uss ko itna dukh kyun day rahey ho?"
Sid punches and says "kyun ke uss ke dukh main hi uss ki khushi hai." (winner!!) Is he suggesting that Riddhima is a sadist. "aur main ussey khush dekhna chahta hoon" punching the daylight out of Armaan.

Then armaan adopts the torturing method used by the lawyers in the court scene in the movies..
"Kyun Sid Kyun.." Armaan shakes him..
Sid breaks up "Kyun ke main ussey pyar karta hoon.." and it echoes back from mount everest.
phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! It took a lot more of punches to get the truth out of him.

Meanwhile JP and Jiggy find Riddhima in the ward and tell her about Sid and Armaan, she gives them a shut up call. Should JP and jiggy have reported this matter to the CEO??? Then they tell her that her sons are fighting on the street, she looks like a worried mom and runs out of the ward.
She walks out towards the scene, but as the flashbacks comes in she seems to be tired and fedup and sits on the bench.

Meanwhile, the cards have been laid on the table, Sid admits his love for Riddhima, and Armaan says, he knew it that Sid loved Riddhima but he wanted to hear it from the horses mouth.
Sids keep thinking that Armaan has tricked him into admitting his love for Riddhima, he gets up and punches Armaan again. Armaan extends his arms saying that "hum jitna bhi larr lain sacchai badalney wali nahin hai." but Sid keeps staring at him.. "mera ulloo banaya hai iss nay"

Jp and Jiggy enter the library as if they have finished marathon, and the Godfather Yuvi stands there, " guys, sub theek toh hai na?"
Jiggy and Jp explains about the fight like a 5 year old. Why do they have to do this way? Showing someone acting below his age is funny?
I will skip this part of the show.. sorry..

Now comes the scene where the 2 MBBS doctors who just fought punch an answer, like school boys, are in the dressing room. They have just decided about the fate of a another fellow female doctor (possibly human to these guys). Now the way they are acting is suspicious, are they behaving like kids to show the lighter side or add some humor, or Sid suspects Armaan is trying to touch him for other reasons. And they are now more like friends, appreciating each other punches and saying sorry to each other.

Dear CVs, why take us through all this rigmarole, when they could have easily become friends on day one. By resolving the issue now in this matter shows that whatever took place to avoid coming to this situation was a time-killer..

JokeTime:
Once upon a time there was a king who had a special servant. The servants job was to get a girl for the king every night. With the onset of sunset, he would run to nearby villages, choose a girl and carry her on his shoulders, so that by walking she does not sweat or get her feet dirty, and runs back to the palace. At times the king did not like the girl, he had to take the first one back and get another one before midnight. In the morning before sunrise, he would put the girl on his shoulders and run back to the village before people could see the girl coming back. This went on and on. After 3 years, king was hale and hearty and happy having sex every night, but this special servant died.

Moral of the story: Sex does not kill you, its running after it that kills you.
End joke time.

Armaan and Sid are behaving so mean and selfish discussing about their own pain and also claim to know Riddhima's "ghussa" better than the other. Still convincing each other and taking Riddhima's divorce very casually. As Armaan is showing his in-depth knowledge about Riddhima that she is not going to sign the papers.

Sid plays the snake-charmers question "tum kya chahtey ho?" this is how corruption is spread in the third world countries, by showing the personal advantage one can get out of the deal.

Armaan is trapped, probably started to daydream, but then tells Sid to apologize to Riddhima and forget about the divorce papers. But Sid is bent upon giving away the woman he loves very much, "Uss se Riddhima ki feeling to nahin badal jayegi" and he starts to play the same old game and poor Armaan who took so much of beating from Sid and tried his best to convince Sid to let go the divorce, now becoming prone to Sid's manipulation. "woh aaj bhi tum se pyar karti hai, Armaan" and Armaan is now hopeful again, and Sid adds rather incorrectly that she has accepted it. This was enough to throw Armaan off balance and Sid leaves the room bitching and whining "no one needs me.." and leaves Armaan in a state of confusion.

Dr. Shashank is further adding misery to Riddhima's life by telling her talk to Sid and find out why he wants to divorce you? Riddhima has agreed for his sake. But she knows the exact questions. Maybe its time she puts him a question "What you want me to do to prove that I want to be with you?" and I am sure Sid would think and asks "Can you make an apple pie with a mango?"

Coming up: (This is a sure winner), Armaan asks Riddhima that you could have told me directly that "tum mujh se ab bhi pyar karti ho.."
Riddhima says "who said it"
Armaan says "tumharey pati nay" He could have used the name Sid.
Riddhima says "what?" And Riddhima cannot believe her ears.

Armaan gets back into the same mode, daydreaming.
Dr. Shashank convinces Sid to face and accept this challenge of responsibilities. Sid apparently seems to be convinced. BUT.. Riddhima reacts and signs the divorce papers..

I think I should spend sometime watching some real good shows on TV which make some sense and give my self a break.