Understanding Sid and Riddhima

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
I was watching Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam the other day and some things did fall into perspective regarding SR.

First of all, I so dont agree with Sid sending the divorce papers to Ridzie like that through Jiggy. Divorce is a big, big thing.....aisi koi choti baat nahin.He should have spoken to Ridz first and then taken some step.
Sid's actions- wrong.But his feelings and thoughts - No,not wrong but very much natural.

When Vanraaj tells his father that he is taking his wife to Italy to unite her with her ex-lover,his dad throws a fit. He taunts his son by saying, "Kya hua tumhari mardaangi ko? Ek aurat ko kaboo mein nahin rak sakte?"
Vanraaj's reply which I loved so much- : What is the use of dominating someone physically when her heart and soul belongs to another?"

Vanraaj loved Nandini then and Sid loves Ridhdima now. Sid has asked her time and again to always speak her heart out openly to him...the days before their wedding, on the day of their wedding. But Riddhima never said anything...instead she went and tried to commit suicide. That left a very, very deep mark on Sid.
He was putting his life on line for her and she tries to kill herself.
He had assured her before their marriage that they can be just friends and there would be no pressure from his side at all.The period that followed after their marriage,Riddhima had turned into a mechanical doll...doing things because she was expected to.It had driven Sid up the wall.

And just when things were starting to look up for them..............wham! Armaan zooms back into their life.Sid didnt hide it from Riddhima.He sent her straight to Armaan - I didnt really agree with that, but fine - even after Riddhima came to know that he knew about Armaan's return ,Sid didnt say anything. He didnt go all,"Armaan is back! What are we going to do? Do you want to back to him?"
No, he gave Riddhima what she needed - space and time. Some people say that he was testing her - oh please! Sid had seen the craziness she had gone through for Armaan, so what he supposed to do?

And after giving ample of time, when things were turning messy - Armaan punching Sid, Riddhima hearing his conversation with Armaan and running away crying, he finally asked her "Riddhima,what about Armaan? You still love him right?"
And he got the same answer he always got," I am married to you...you are my present."
Sid never expected love confessions or any such things from her....he wanted to hear her say "Yes Sid, I want to spend my life with you, not because I am expected to, not because I am married to you, not because I am under obligation.....but because I want to."
But all he ever got in reply was Riddhima running away crying....What is Sid supposed to think? Any guy in her place.....even Armaan would think the same thing.That this girl is still caught up in her past and being with me is only causing her pain.

Coming to Sid's first love : What he didnt do to gain Tamanna's her love...he tried everything but look how it all turned out.He learnt a very important lesson from that chapter in his life - You cant force anyone to be with you ....you have to free them and let them decide for themselves.

Isnt this what Sid is doing now?

Riddhima : I wont deny that this is one very confused soul...not to mention her biggest problem is that she doesnt communicate her feelings.But this is how I understood her actions and feelings.

Her biological father abandoned her and her mother.
Armaan left her...yes, yes I know why he left her and that he was only doing it for her own good....but RIddhima didnt know that.She was told a nonsensical story cooked up by Shashank and Armaan that the latter left her because he didnt want to be with someone who was paralyzed....basically she felt rejected.And rejection is a very, very bitter thing...a person goes through hell when he or she is rejected.
Then after knowing the truth and finding Armaan again,she was again abandoned when he left her in his cottage with a note.

Sid has given her many chances to leave him.......

1)Just before their marriage when he refused to marry her because she tried to kill herself.

2)After the whole suicide fiasco,Sid had gone to Shanky to tell him that Ridz and him cant live together anymore....why was Riddhima sitting and crying then?

2)The scene in the restroom when Ridzie tells Sid that she will come back to his houseas his mother was leaving.The first thing Sid asked then was,"What about Armaan?"

3)In SidMaan's terrace conversation, Riddhima clearly heard Sid tell Armaan that he doesnt want to come between them since they are each other's first love and all that jazz.

4)And in last Friday's where Riddhima was dressing Sid's wound, he asks her point blank about her feelings for Armaan.

In all the above, Sid gave her an unpressurized chance to speak out her feelings. Since she didnt, he sent her the divorce papers- Im not saying what he did was right- that isnt the point here.The point is that Sid gave her good oppurtunites to leave him and go back happily to Armaan without any guilt on her part for him.

Why didnt she?

The scene where she decides to leave Sid's house because of his mother's taunts,Sid tells her to stay if she feels for something for him like he does but if she doesnt she is free to leave and he wont stop her or force her. What did she do?

From what I understand,she is scared to love again...its another thing she already does and hasnt realized it.
So, the two most important men in her life left her. Maybe that is why she is scared to open up her heart to Sid...maybe she fears that he will leave too.Which is coming true in a way.

Both Nandini and Riddhima went crazy without their first loves....both travelled far to seach for their loves.The difference is that when Nandini realized her feelings for Vanraaj,she embraced them with open arms.She just needed Sameer to let her go.Like her dialogues in the last scene,"Mujhe ijaazat do Sameer."

Here Armaan and Riddhima have said their goodbyes...Armaan has let her go but Riddhima is holding back.....not because she is still in love Armaan. But because she needs some reassurance from Sid.
Rather than questions about Armaan,she needs to hear Sid say that he wants her in his life....that he wont leave her.

Because,
Sid has taught her to live without Armaan but has not taught her to live without him.

Would love to hear from you all........😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post Sid and fantastic reasoning!

All Riddhima needs now is assurance from Sid that he too wants a life with her and that he loves her. Armaan has already stepped back and moved on ...he has accepted Riddhima's marriage. Now it's Sid's turn to take steps forward and be WITH Riddhima ! enough of staying "For" her! he needs to be her "saath" and not "sahara"~! and there's a big difference between being "WITH" someone and being "for" someone!
MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Sidra,You made a topic!!🤗

Absolutely beautiful post,I agree with whatever you said ,It even helped to clear my mind which had suddenly become a little clouded due to sid's resignation to his fate.
I especially loved this paragraph..
Both Nandini and Riddhima went crazy without their first loves....both travelled far to seach for their loves.The difference is that when Nandini realized her feelings for Vanraaj,she embraced them with open arms.She just needed Sameer to let her go.Like her dialogues in the last scene,"Mujhe ijaazat do Sameer."

Here Armaan and Riddhima have said their goodbyes...Armaan has let her go but Riddhima is holding back.....not because she is still in love Armaan. But because she needs some reassurance from Sid.
Rather than questions about Armaan,she needs to hear Sid say that he wants her in his life....that he wont leave her.

Yeah she is not afraid to let go of Armaan,she's  afraid to fall in love again,to make her heart vulnerable again.........
Edited by MagicalKash - 14 years ago
Love it, every word and thoughts are perfectly done. Yes, ridz is ready to leave her past and move forward with her husband sid, but sid needs to tell her that he is there for her and always will be. She is defenitaly scared to tell sid how she feels, b/c she dosen't want to get heartbroken again. She does want to tell sid really bady not to leave her and go away from her life, but she is confused what does sid wants. Does he want me to be with him or not. She is ready to take the two steps toward sid but she gets confused whn sid dosen't react to her and that is when she takes those step backward. All sid has to do is put his hand on ridz hands and promise her that he is here for her only and he will always be here for her without any condition. Yes, i think deep down she knows what sid feels for her, but it is not enought now, sid needs to tell her that he wants her and only her. And ridz will take those two steps to forever steps toward sid. She will hold his hands for eternity after eternity. Just a reassurence once again like the heartmelting mat jao scene, she will close there door to her past for forever now, if sid says that again. She wants sid and is scared to even think about loosing him at the cost of her past. She can bear to let her past go as a beautiful memory, but she is devested to let go her future with sid now. She wants this future and no matter what she wants this dp stop at any cost. Even if she has to beg her father for it. Edited by hewascool90210 - 14 years ago
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sid  wonderful wonderful wonderful written 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
In order to love Sid and Riddhima characterization --why they are SR ----this post is amazing to read !!
Wonderfully said----Both have gone through bad phrase and SR need each other support, love and yes open communication!!
CVS lacks their scene limited to telepathy and keeping them apart  created mess.
Situation can be handled realistic way with dealt past together with Sid, Rid and Armi together. 
They have failed in certain circumstances to where SID and RIdz have strong potential to confession happens.......

Yes,  I also felt that SID ---who has remained quite to give Ridzie choice,  but unable to handle the situation, going without asking Ridzie ----DP !!

Anyway, Ramy --has said it all ........SID and RIDZ need to  be there for each other to first thing called trust and support!!

What a beautiful post sid!! I absolutely agree with you!!

Like you said,sid taught her how to live witout armaan but she cant live without sid!!😊
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

fab post, enjoyed reading it and agree with your post.

exactly its always harder to accept that you have fallen in love again, esp when your first love hasnt succeeded.

both SR need to give each otehr security and assurance and all they misunderstadings will be cleared

norzar

Edited by norzar - 14 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Sidra - nice topic and i agree

Esp on how many chances Sid gave her to leave him, but no Ridz doesnt want to at all - her reaction is what counts here, she wants Sid in her life, by her side

Friday's AR scene confirmed to us that they have had their closure and Armaan accepted her marriage and Sid, and let her go when it was needed - she was glad, a weight off her shoulders in a way

Because,Sid has taught her to live without Armaan but has not taught her to live without him.

Now this is, she needs Sid to be with her - she needs to feel him beside her, she needs Sid's reassurance again, its one of the things that makes her feel settled, all she needs is some words from Sid that he is there and always will be

I know Ridz is scared to open her heart in the sense to tell him what she feels, or maybe even put it in words, but i do believe she has fallen for Sid

ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome post Sidra...👍🏼

Riddhima,as I say,is a confused soul who doesn't know where or with whom she wants to stay...
When Sid came into her life and she did accept him as her husband,then why did it affect her when Armaan returned because if you start to love someone for even one day,you move on and first love is history....

Sid is right to feel the way he is because Riddhima hasn't shown any signs of her love and doesn't communicate with anyone....
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ramy25

Amazing post Sid and fantastic reasoning!

All Riddhima needs now is assurance from Sid that he too wants a life with her and that he loves her. Armaan has already stepped back and moved on ...he has accepted Riddhima's marriage. Now it's Sid's turn to take steps forward and be WITH Riddhima ! enough of staying "For" her! he needs to be her "saath" and not "sahara"~! and there's a big difference between being "WITH" someone and being "for" someone!

Thnx Amy!

True. Riddhima needs Sid to be with her rather for her. He has done that enough. Now is the time for him to take her hand and let her know that he wants her to be with him.