What is Ridz really confused about???

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Ok, I can't resist.  I just had to write something about the "confusion" of Ridz.  This poor girl (ok sorta poor girl cause in mean she is to blame for a lot of what is happening...well her silence is) gets blamed for every decision that is made.  I mean she is just one person out of three in this chaos that is DMG.  I am totally on the side of SidMaans and how they are doing what they are out of love, care, her happiness etc'I don't need to go into detail as there have been plenty of posts on them and I agree with all of that.  But once again'the female in me...just felt the need to put on my black robe (no I'm not a lawyer) and play devil's advocate again. (someone needs to lol)

So as I have been wandering through the Main forum I see random posts declaring how Ridz is so confused, or how she really is in love with Armaan and it is "obvious" because she wants him out of her life and can't stand to be near him without remembering the good old days.

Well I'm going to go ahead and put my two cents in on Ridz and what I think she feels.  Granted this is simply my view on Ridz and what is going on her life.  As I said in my earlier post the question in Ridz's life is not about which guy to pick.  She has already chosen.  Her choice was Sid. (if you don't kno why, read my earlier post its long but it states all the reasons why I believe she has already made this decision)

My belief was only reaffirmed by today's episode.  Today we saw Ridz alone, in the stairwell crying herself her own personal Amazon River (and that my friends is a lot of water) she was not crying because she was angry or hurt or even confused.  She was crying because she was torn apart, from the inside out.  When she received those divorce papers from her husband, the world as she knew it came to sudden halt, and then...it combusted.  Those tears were not shed by a women who believed her marriage was "duty" or an "institution forced upon her by society" those were tears of a women in love.  Now why do I think those were tears of love? Because if this marriage was truly something she felt she was forced in by family or even if she only saw it as a duty then the divorce papers would definitely result in a reaction.The reaction we would have gotten to see would have been a women angry at the audacity of her husband taking a step in their "contract" without talking to her first.  It would have been relief at being cut from the ties of this forced union and all its baggage and headaches.  What we got instead was a women broken into a million pieces.

So you ask why if she is in love with her husband did she finally find her feminist bone and make the statement that she was tired of letting other people (her dad, Armaan and Sid) make decisions for her? Why did she say she was now going to make her own decisions?  Because I think in that moment she was not talking about getting a divorce.  I think in that moment she was talking about having a confrontation with the man she married.  She was going to stop making decisions based on what she thought was expected of her and she was just going to do what her gut was telling her...what her heart had been screaming at her for a while but she simply refused to acknowledge that she is falling in love with her husband (I still don't think she has fully acknowledged it).  That her world doesn't make sense without him in it.  That instead of waiting for him to grasp her hand and tell her they are united she was going to go and grab his hand and show him that they are already in this together.  The woman in me was so proud of Ridz in that moment.  She was finally going to do something.  (I mean regardless of what that something was'whether it was ripping up the papers or signing them...at least she was taking action and not sitting on the sideline waiting for the emotional garbage to pile up on her)

But of course...I overestimated the backbone of this broken woman.  Yes, she did have a moment where she realized that there are two parts to a game, a defense and an offense.  But as she headed out on the offensive, she was once again overwhelmed with all that doubt that has been accumulating and she started to shrivel.  The doubt of whether her husband actually wants her.  I mean as far as she can see Sid has made no inclination that he does want her, well want her as a wife at least.  I mean the few times he has made an effort towards her it was always as a friend, or a shoulder to lean on.  He never once said, "I want this marriage to work. I want you. I want us."  So as I have said in my other post Ridz never got any confirmation that Sid wants her or this marriage.  In fact, once again Sid proved to her that he in truth doesn't want this marriage.  I mean why else would he send divorce papers unless he wasn't happy with this marriage...with her. 

Then the last hit to her armor, the return of her father.  I think in this conversation between father and daughter we got more truth out of Ridz than we have in the last month.  Finally, we the audience got to hear first hand what Ridz was thinking, finally she blurted out what lies in her mind...in her heart.  When she broke down in front of her father, she was no longer a wife, an ex lover, or a confused woman...she was a little girl seeking comfort in the arms of the  one man who regardless of the ups and downs of their relationship was always there for her.  The one man who always did everything in his power to make decisions that were the best for her.  So after holding in her true feelings for soooo long she broke down in front of her saviour...her real knight, her father.  She confessed that the world has gone crazy.   That no matter what she tries to do to get back onto her feet, this cruel world has a way of knocking her off them again..and again..and again. 

So of course this knight felt the need to comfort his princess..to reassure her that everything would be alright..that he would make it all better.  And this..this is where we hear the true desires of Ridz's heart.  When she asks her father in a confused matter.."How??? How are you going to make everything alright?? How are you going to make this crazy upside down, combusted world whole again?? Are you going to send Armaan away??? Are you going to stop Sid from giving me a divorce???"  To me these two questions said it all.  These two questions show the truth of Ridz's heart.  This woman who was so crazy in love with a man named Armaan, that she ran away from her family and went in search for him like a mad woman with no regards to her life..was not asking her father to fix her world by bringing this man back into her life..but to fix it by sending him away.  This woman who took the steps to the mandap because her parents asked her, because supposedly it was dictated by "society" was not asking her father to accept this divorce as her "true love" is now back in her life.  But was in fact, asking him if he could save this marriage for her.  If this marriage was simply a contract then she could have easily told her father that this marriage means nothing to her and that her true happiness...lies with Armaan.  And as her father he would accept it...it may take time..but for her happiness he would accept it.  Any father would fight dragons for the happiness of his little girl..even if those dragons were the beliefs of a rigid society.

So I leave with this..as far as Ridz's is concerned the decision has nothing to do with Armaan vs. Sid.  The decision she has to make is Sid vs. No Sid.  She has already found closure in her relationship with Armaan.  I still maintain that the Ridz that came back from the suicide attempt was a new Ridz'that Ridz was and never will be Armaan's.  Armaan's Ridz left this world that night she drank poison and for all intents and purposes she is gone.  Oh this new Ridz does love Armaan, I mean he was her first love, he will always portray the innocence of young love...but that chapter has been closed.  She is now on a new chapter in life and in this chapter the main lead is Sid...he is the one she is in love with.  As far as her asking her father to send Armaan away..its not because she can't stand to be in the same room as him and not keep her hands or her memories to herself, but its because she sees the pain it is causing Sid and she doesn't want him to hurt.   She wants to send Armaan away to help soothe Sid, to save him from any pain...cuz when he feels pain...she feels it too.  So her confusion really lies in whether to fatak Sid and make him realize he loves her or to fatak Sid and leave him for his happiness cuz he doesn't want her...

Please do comment, but try to be civil'this is simply my view of whts going on and I thought I'd share it'

There is no need to bring in the SR AR wars'.i wrote more about sid cuz I am at heart a sidma fan'but I do feel for Armaan'but this truly was written to maybe get some of you to maybe see another reason behind Ridz's actions (even tho most of the time she's pretty much insane)

Edited by arp04srocks - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

agree πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: arp04srocks

So of course this knight felt the need to comfort his princess..to reassure her that everything would be alright..that he would make it all better.  And this..this is where we hear the true desires of Ridz's heart.  When she asks her father in a confused matter.."How??? How are you going to make everything alright?? How are you going to make this crazy upside down, combusted world whole again?? Are you going to send Armaan away??? Are you going to stop Sid from giving me a divorce???"  To me these two questions said it all.  These two questions show the truth of Ridz's heart.  This woman who was so crazy in love with a man named Armaan, that she ran away from her family and went in search for him like a mad woman with no regards to her life..was not asking her father to fix her world by bringing this man back into her life..but to fix it by sending him away.  This woman who took the steps to the mandap because her parents asked her, because supposedly it was dictated by "society" was not asking her father to accept this divorce as her "true love" is now back in her life.  But was in fact, asking him if he could save this marriage for her.  If this marriage was simply a contract then she could have easily told her father that this marriage means nothing to her and that her true happiness...lies with Armaan.  And as her father he would accept it...it may take time..but for her happiness he would accept it.  Any father would fight dragons for the happiness of his little girl..even if those dragons were the beliefs of a rigid society.

So I leave with this..as far as Ridz's is concerned the decision has nothing to do with Armaan vs. Sid.  The decision she has to make is Sid vs. No Sid.  She has already found closure in her relationship with Armaan.  I still maintain that the Ridz that came back from the suicide attempt was a new Ridz'that Ridz was and never will be Armaan's.  Armaan's Ridz left this world that night she drank poison and for all intents and purposes she is gone.  Oh this new Ridz does love Armaan, I mean he was her first love, he will always portray the innocence of young love...but that chapter has been closed.  She is now on a new chapter in life and in this chapter the main lead is Sid...he is the one she is in love with.  As far as her asking her father to send Armaan away..its not because she can't stand to be in the same room as him and not keep her hands or her memories to herself, but its because she sees the pain it is causing Sid and she doesn't want him to hurt.   She wants to send Armaan away to help soothe Sid, to save him from any pain...cuz when he feels pain...she feels it too.  So her confusion really lies in whether to fatak Sid and make him realize he loves her or to fatak Sid and leave him for his happiness cuz he doesn't want her...

Loveddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd your post mate specially the above pointsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Now my main question - Is this going to have any affect on our dear members? If you want simple answer then its a big fat noπŸ˜† I don't think people are ready to accept someone can actually move on in life or that you can smile again after going through the darkest hours of your life :)

You should post more often because I absolutely loved it :)
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I guess this post is not really directed at me because although I would still have loved to see AR together, I don't think it is wrong that Riddhima moves on in life... I did have a problem about the speed with which she seems to have developed feelings for her husband... but then like many other things in this blooper filled serial that can also be taken as a creative liberty or also that such things sometimes happen.... But I think my problem with Riddhima is because although she has made certain decisions for other people, she never thinks about others! Like many people have pointed out she mostly thinks only about herself and her sorrows!
And also how she disrespects/insults any relation she might have had with Armaan! When she talks about AR and we think about what we have seen in the last 2.5 years it sounds like she is talking about something else.... AI understand it will be an awkward situation for her when her 'ex' lover is around and she is married to someone with whom she wants to move forward in life... But does that mean that the only way to treat that ex lover or his love is with scorn and insults? And Armaan has already told her that he is leaving... It is not like he is bent upon being in sanjeevani and giving her trouble... so why did she have to ask shashank can you send armaan away?And  I am not commenting on the communication part at all.... the many instances where she needs to talk and just chooses to run away crying......  But I think while she can choose her marriage and love her husband and all that... I think she could have been at least a teeny weeny bit sensitive about what she speaks about her past and how she speaks about it!
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: solembaum

I guess this post is not really directed at me because although I would still have loved to see AR together, I don't think it is wrong that Riddhima moves on in life... I did have a problem about the speed with which she seems to have developed feelings for her husband... but then like many other things in this blooper filled serial that can also be taken as a creative liberty or also that such things sometimes happen.... But I think my problem with Riddhima is because although she has made certain decisions for other people, she never thinks about others! Like many people have pointed out she mostly thinks only about herself and her sorrows!
And also how she disrespects/insults any relation she might have had with Armaan! When she talks about AR and we think about what we have seen in the last 2.5 years it sounds like she is talking about something else.... AI understand it will be an awkward situation for her when her 'ex' lover is around and she is married to someone with whom she wants to move forward in life... But does that mean that the only way to treat that ex lover or his love is with scorn and insults? And Armaan has already told her that he is leaving... It is not like he is bent upon being in sanjeevani and giving her trouble... so why did she have to ask shashank can you send armaan away?And  I am not commenting on the communication part at all.... the many instances where she needs to talk and just chooses to run away crying......  But I think while she can choose her marriage and love her husband and all that... I think she could have been at least a teeny weeny bit sensitive about what she speaks about her past and how she speaks about it!

I'm not sure wht you mean by this post isnt directed at you...but i totally see your point of view...a 2.5yr relationship vs a 2.5 mon relationship is lightyears apart in the time continuum.  But i dont think its lightening speed at which she developed her feelings for Sid.  I think the reason the feelings developed faster than normal (btw i agree tht alot of it had to do with the creatives) or wht is expected is cuz of the situation they were put in...they weren't just a normal couple...but rather a drama filled and surrounded couple put in situations that were of high intensity and for that reason i think the feelings developed faster...also i would just like to point out that Ridz is in love with sid....but she has no clue that she is....she just knows that everytime she thinks of him leaving her her heartaches....(thus in this sense i think there is much more that needs to grow out of this realtionship b4 the worlds "i love you" are said)

as for the treatment of armaan yeh she's been mean...but i think  a lot of that stemmed out of frustration from the situation she was put in and unfortunately Armaan was the medium by which she released her anger and frustration (poor guy just got stuck in the cross fire)...as for the communication we all kno tht cell phone tower got struck out by lightening or something cuz its totally vanished...btw if you havent seen my old post def check it out...cuz i def admit RIdz is crazy...and so are many of her actions...

as for the way of her talkin about her past...i totally agree...she could be alot more sensitive...and if she were sane woman...then she def could have handled the whole situation differently by not blowing up Armaans world in public and instead sitting him down in private and explaining to him her situation and what his leaving did to her...but then again if the characters in serials were sane...then they would end much to fast LOL

Thanks for reading my post πŸ˜ƒ
ka7eela thumbnail
WOW i am truly speechless! amazing post πŸ‘ wonderfully written!..its like you have went to a journey inside Rids head exlporing her thoughts and emotions!..πŸ‘

i totally agree with your points.. but i beg to differer only to one point of yours!..that she think Sids doesn't want her!..i think deep down she knows!..she feels it whenever he looks at her..from the things he did for her..from the way he behaves when they are psychically close!...as they say actions speak louder then the words!...

i think it's easier for a woman to know about how a man feels about her then a man!..beside he already told her that he likes her allot when he said his famous 'mat jao'!..so she knows that he wants her!..maybe she isn't still sure if he loves her but she know's that whatever he is doing he is doing for her sake!..and she said that too when she wept her tears in the FS!..she knows that he wants to sacrifice this marriage for her!..i think she is hurt because Sid didn't fight harder for her!..she feels that he had given up on her!..she sees him as her only truth and yet he failed to see that and is in fact he is the one who is trying to send her away back to her past!
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: ka7eela

WOW i am truly speechless! amazing post πŸ‘ wonderfully written!..its like you have went to a journey inside Rids head exlporing her thoughts and emotions!..πŸ‘

i totally agree with your points.. but i beg to differer only to one point of yours!..that she think Sids doesn't want her!..i think deep down she knows!..she feels it whenever he looks at her..from the things he did for her..from the way he behaves when they are psychically close!...as they say actions speak louder then the words!...

i think it's easier for a woman to know about how a man feels about her then a man!..beside he already told her that he likes her allot when he said his famous 'mat jao'!..so she knows that he wants her!..maybe she isn't still sure if he loves her but she know's that whatever he is doing he is doing for her sake!..and she said that too when she wept her tears in the FS!..she knows that he wants to sacrifice this marriage for her!..i think she is hurt because Sid didn't fight harder for her!..she feels that he had given up on her!..she sees him as her only truth and yet he failed to see that and is in fact he is the one who is trying to send her away back to her past!

Thank You so much for liking the post πŸ˜ƒ

I agree that deep down she knows SId wants her..but i also think tht the things he's been doing recently have caused her to start questioning how true her gut is...yes sid did say mat jao...but that was before Armaan came back...ever since Armaan came back he's been aloof and i think that has not only caused her pain but the real confusion in her life...

I whole heartedly agree that she is crushed by the fact that Sid isnt fighting harder for her...heck from her POV he's barely fighting at all...well until tomorrow i guessπŸ˜†

btw if you havent checked it out...you should def see my previous post...cuz i left alot of what i think of ridz out figuring if anyone really cared the would read the previous one...i think you mite like it...but warning its long ....lol

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1378336
Edited by arp04srocks - 14 years ago
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Wonderful wonderful written πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Love how you describe the Ridz and especially SID's situation.
Analyzing Feminist character of Riddhima.....that remind me the literature world  play " The Doll's house" and " Chrysanthemums" both depict the pain of Riddhima.

Just one word to say ...Fantastic analysis !!😳
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Dear You are too good with words. I so want to add to this post but honestly i Nothing Left to add you covered it so beautifully.
Yeas the decision is between Sid or No Sid now and eve armaan accepted that.  Plz do keep posting your thoughts it's amazing to read them.
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I'm not sure wht you mean by this post isnt directed at you...but i totally see your point of view...a 2.5yr relationship vs a 2.5 mon relationship is lightyears apart in the time continuum.  But i dont think its lightening speed at which she developed her feelings for Sid.  I think the reason the feelings developed faster than normal (btw i agree tht alot of it had to do with the creatives) or wht is expected is cuz of the situation they were put in...they weren't just a normal couple...but rather a drama filled and surrounded couple put in situations that were of high intensity and for that reason i think the feelings developed faster...also i would just like to point out that Ridz is in love with sid....but she has no clue that she is....she just knows that everytime she thinks of him leaving her her heartaches....(thus in this sense i think there is much more that needs to grow out of this realtionship b4 the worlds "i love you" are said)

[/QUOTE]

When i said the post isnt directed at me.. what i meant is while I want it to be AR for my own reasons.. and while I think she is a confusing Lady... I don't think she is confused.... and I haven't found fault with her for moving on etc... so from that perspective I said that I may not the exact audience for this post... but yeah I think out of all the three characters that are there she is the one I find the least justifiable.... and yeah what you said could be true abt why she developed feelings for Sid faster.... but I still think that she moved on pretty fast.... even for something of lesser intensity than AR people take longer time... although in most instances I have seen in life guys take longer to move on than girls in case of serious relationships, I haven't seen any girl who moved on that fast! when Armaan came back in terms of elapsed days as shown  in serial ( the time frame in real world was of course diff) but i think it was just 2-3 weeks... but anyway that is nit picking.... like u said may be the intensity of the circumstances made it so... dunno...

Yeah I did read your previous post... and i should say you write really well....  but I somehow cant sympathize with her at all.... at no point does she take responsibility for her actions.... she is always finding a scape goat to blame for why things went wrong in her life !! I see lot of people saying she has matured after she got married and Sid came into her life.... I don't know where they showed her being mature!! I am sure all of us go through problems in life... some not as bad as hers and some even worse than hers.. but I don't see anyone I know blaming everyone but themselves for the situations they are in!! I think that is one of the things I liked abt Armaan and Sid... they at least own up to whatever it is that they did... with good or bad intentions