another way of looking at A/R/S

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Before you read my post I would really like the AR fans to know I totally understand your sentiments. Even if I don't understand everything or agree with each and every point I do respect your opinion as long as you don't insult mine. Please don't leave any rude comments. You are more than welcome to discuss though. SR fan don't be rude. Be good baccha log.

A lot of people seem to express anger toward Riddhima because she moved on. This confuses me a bit. It's not like Riddhima moved on within few weeks. It took her a long time. She really mourned Armaan's loss. When she came back after months she was still mourning. She didn't know how to live without him.

Have you guys ever been in that situation. Where you are so madly in love that you just don't know where you would be without the person. You never even thought about it.

Riddhima was exactly in that situation. She didn't know how to go on without him. That's why she returned as a cold hearted, lifeless zombie.

After SR marriage she learned life no longer sucked without Armaan. Imagine living with the illusion that nothing matters except this person and breathing without him is impossible. There is just no way (no wayy) you can live a day without him. Then one day you wake up and realize you can still manage to be happy without him. It's possible to smile, laugh and enjoy things in life.

Unlike some other people I do not question the love Rids had for Armaan. When she loved him she really did. Her love was true, it's just with time she learned to move on from that love. Now she still cares for Armaan and loves him but it's not the same. She knows better now.

Why should she leave Sid (break a beautiful thing called marriage) when she knows even without Armaan she is capable of living a happy life. I know Rids is a confused soul but she is not that confused. If she felt Armaan was the only solution to her happiness I am pretty sure she would try her best to be with him.

That's the A/R part. Now the S

It's again the same thing. Rids spent such a long time with the illusion she can never be happy without Armaan. Her whole existence depended on him. But Sid changed that and he also made her happy. Not to mention Sid made her life STABLE. He gave her the base to start a new life. It might not seem like a lot but speaking from personal experience when your life is a complete mess that is the greatest gift anyone can give you. That's why Rids always mentions how Sid held her hand. (haath thama) Rids needed that more than anything. He put her life together.

So many people compare Riddhima to the old Riddhima, the other Riddhima was happy and She is sad. Well the other Riddhima had tons of reasons to be happy and this Riddhima had a huge heartbreak that caused her to be unhappy. I always get the feeling they blame Sid for her unhappiness.

Sid is the sole reason she became happy again. He never made her unhappy. Riddhima returned with nothing but memories of Armaan. It left her hollow and empty. Sid invoked all the lost emotions in her. Anger, attraction, affection, care, maybe even love.

It's not easy for her to move on from Sid, (not from marriage but from Sid) he is her support.

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautifully written ..πŸ‘ We need to move on !!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Ridz has moved on inspite of Armaan in front of her she knows that she has had loads of happiness in her past but a door  of twice the happiness is waiting for her with Sid's open arms !!! 😊
Angelic_J thumbnail

Fantu you have once again done a splendid job with this postπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I greatly admire your writing skills and being able to communicate without sounding biased and giving fill credit to both sides even though you like one more than the otherπŸ‘ It's truly really hard to look at both sides with open eyesπŸ˜†

But I really do wonder if this post will achieve anything?πŸ€”πŸ€” Beating your head against walls won't do much except maybe give you a headache. The wall is going to stand there in the same place unmoving and unfeelingπŸ˜†
sapna2107 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Perfangel5655

I agree with the idea that if a girl has been betrayed by her love, she should move on but here situation is different..inspite of knowing the truth that why Armaan left ridz....she decided to move on....she almost found him but that night something happend & the situation changed....she was feeling that she is not worth of  Armaan anymore....the letter left by Armaan again indicated why he was leaving her.....so matter of fact she knew the reason very welll that it is for her well being Armaan doesnt want her to lead a difficult life with him....when she came to Sanjeevani & faced the society pressure she could have easily sent Atul or should have gone herself to find Armaan bcuz somewhere her love decided to meet his end fighting that mental disorder all by himself so that she could be happy....she could have easily waited for him more as she knew his whereabouts but no she decided to take 360 degree turn...left Armaan to die...is that what is expected of a partner in love....if she took bullet for Armaan once...Armaan did a lot for her, her family, hospital & almost lost his life for her couple of times.....& how she decided to pay him back is by justyfying her action of marrying someone else & putting all the guilt on Armaan...poor soul loves her to death that he can not reason out what game she is playing....she needs a reality check.....& i think Niki is the one who can do that & support her friend Armaan....Ridz represents those woman who by crying wants to gain sympathy....creatives have failed to justify her moving on concept....they didnt show any solid reason for her to move on....within one month of her marriage she started having feelings for Sid...now how is that possible....if creatives have sense they should bring someone to show grey areas of her character & bash her left & right....these type of woman dont deserve to be happy at all & are better to be left alone....I am not against SR just my POV on Ridz's character & lack of solid script
Edited by sapna2107 - 14 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks for the reply guys. will be back later
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Angel Beautiful written...!!

Yes, Sid gives her hope and reason to live.

Reason I like DMG2 for SR----they have guts to put S to pair with R.....and it was splendid job done by cvs. SO DMG is now no more about AR it is about SR too....!1
life has move on....and situation has changed.....

Here i remember one quote i think Swami Vivekanand's

God gave me nothing I wanted, but gave me everything I needed"
it suits Ridzie...!!

Now SId has become Necessity for Riddhima, breath of her life...!!
Armaan has become beautiful memory !! and Life is moving on with new hope !!
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Brilliant Post Yaar. You defined Riddhima so beautifully and made it so easy for everyone to understand her thank you for this much needed post πŸ‘πŸ‘
Now coming to what you said about her past life and her present. Well my solid Believe is Life GOES ON . It doesn't  Stop for anyone. No matter how much you love someone you can;t just end your life because someone left you hell NO it's not possible. Let me Put it this way when someone closer to you dies you feel like Giving up your life too some people do try it too but it's very hard to give up your life and it normally doesn't works as  in  riddhima case. You have to continue with your own life happily or sadly that depends on you and your will power. Sure Riddhima didn't wanted to move on it was hard for her to accept someone else as her husband but as soon as she took the pheras and he filled her maang she accepted the role of being a patni  she by heart accepted this rishta and showed that it wasn't a compromise or a burden by burning her past memories and going and touching sid's feet . May i add here the example of kabhi kabhi( i know it's very very old film many of you might not even have seen it)   rakhi sacrificed her love for amit because her parents found a good match for her and because of their honor and what not she says goodbye to amit and goes marry shashi kapor sure at that time she isn't happy but as soon as they r in their suhaag raat there she accepts shashi with all her heart sure she sheds some tears but those are her last tears for amit and than we see the patni in rakhi and how powerful bond they shared. shashi brought the happiness and hope in her life and Till date rakhi in kabhi kabhi is one of the best wives i have witnessed. Now sorry for this comparison but it's same case here For now Riddhima cannot accept armaan re entry in her life because she Took that step forward in life & Sid became her saving grace. He always always supported her and gave her the choice to do whatever she wants. He never once thopofied his decisions on her or pressurized her for anything & sure His Niceness is what's winning her heart she even said it in that  heart to heart talk after the mandir ki seeriyan scene that main aapko samjhane lagi hoon i dunno how but i can totally understand what's going in your heart  now if these are not feelings than i don't know what is the definition of feelings and love her but Mrs Modi surely has moved on. With due respect to everyone now for her moving back to armaan without any solid reason will just be way too unrealistic and illogical and before bashing me on this statement plz think that you are riddhima for 1 min and than give me your answer. i have nothign more to say

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
*reserved*. Completely agree with you. I need more time to post my thoughts. So will be back again