Lead girl of Jamuniya down with jaundice;

anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Article - Lead girl of Jamuniya down with jaundice; story-track delayed

Bhavna Khatri

Bhavna Khatri, protagonist of the show Jamuniya, is down with jaundice which in turn has affected the flow of the storyline. So naturally, the track had to be slightly altered. The actress has been given a couple of days off. Actor Ajay Rohilla who plays antagonist too was to re-enter the show post her marriage but his entry too has been delayed owing to Khatri's health issues.

A source informs, "Bhavna is suffering from jaundice and has not been able to give us the required time. We have been shooting with her for half the time allotted to her. Since she has not been able to give us the required time we have shifted the story to Batori and Chatori at her maayka thus dragging the track a bit. Ajay was to re-enter the show during Jamuniya's wedding but now even that has got delayed. His re-entry and Jamuniya's wedding might take place next week now."

When contacted, Rohilla said, "I am currently chilling in my hometown Delhi. I am awaiting the production house's call to tell me when I am required and I will be back."

Khatri said, "Yes, I haven't been keeping well. I had shot for my wedding sequence which will air sometime this week. I have not been keeping well since February and am suffering from jaundice. The first half of February was off for the entire unit and we resumed the shoot in the second half of the month.Back then I didn't take my health seriously but of late my problem aggravated and it became difficult for me to shoot continuously. It's only from the past one week that I couldn't give the required hours for the shoot and have been shooting in intervals and for half the time required. I have been granted an off for two days after which I will resume the shoot."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Aww, poor girl Bhavna    Wish her the best and hope she gets well very very soon !  She is doing a wonderful job as Jamunia. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
This news is somewhat old - it first came out on March 30th

I too wish Bhavna a quick recovery - sure, we can do w/ a week of Batori & Chatori, since they won't be around Jamu to torture her.  In fact, skip the haveli completely, and show us the brotherly/sisterly love b/w Bodhan & Lakhan, Ramlali & Shivkali and Batori & Chatori.  It'll be fun watching this family feud 🤣

One wish - Bhavna, take your time.  I don't want the actress of Jamu changed due to these health reasons.

Incidentally, in the promo that show's Jamu's grihapravesh, they show her w/ a lot of pockmarks on her face.  Wonder whether that's the result of Bhavna's ailment?

Originally posted by: TellyBuzz

Bhavna Khatri battles it out amidst ill-health and scorching climate

March 30 2010 | 3:13pm    11 Comments

Bhavna Khatri who plays Jamunia in the Imagine show has a battle on hand, as she continues to shoot even when she is being treated for jaundice...

Sunny days are back again, and the unit and crew of Imagine and Beyond Dreams' Jamunia are finding it hard to ward off the scorching heat as they shoot in Chattisgarh.

The lead protagonist of the show Bhavna Khatri is the worst affected at this point of time, as she is getting treated for jaundice.

A little birdie tells us, "Bhavna Khatri who plays the title role of Jamunia is being treated for jaundice for the past one month. She had been given a break when she was diagnosed with jaundice, but she is now shooting for the show. But the recovery process is still on, during which she has to get adequate rest".

When called up, Bhavna Khatri told us, "Yes, I was having jaundice. The doctors have told me that a complete recovery will take nearly three months. But taking a break from the show for so long is next to impossible. I had gone to my home town Pune for 20 days; I am back now and have resumed shoot".

Elaborating on the problems she faces now, Bhavna states, "The climate out here is very hot and dry. I feel quite weak even now, and so can't shoot continuously that too in the scorching sun. However, the production house and unit members take very good care of me, and they are very supportive. The production house has rescheduled my shooting schedule, and gives me full liberty to shoot my scenes before we get to the hottest part of the day. They are helpless as they require me in the show; at the same time they are managing things very well".

We hope Bhavna said thro' this tough phase and gets well soon…

Reporter and Author: Pooja Shenoy

Mallika113 thumbnail
Jaundice is very difficult to take care of.  I hope that the producers are doing everything to keep her healthy.  She needs rest, lots of fluids, and good care.  The ill person gets so tired and they have no stamina at all.  Especially the summer heat also makes it worse.

Hope a good doctor is taking care of Bhavna and she should rest.  We can put up with couple weeks of the rest of the cast.  Vrisha, the family feud story will be great😆    Bhavna should come back 100% healthy.
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
if bhavna still not healthy then wishing her very good health
bhavna is doing a great job as jamunia
love her simplicity !!!!
sd_384 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
yeah bhavna can take rest and in the mean time they can focus more on havelli including kuber's family.... i think they have not used much as of now... during the entire wedding ceremony.. they kept on showing kuber with those negative looks but his main motto is still not clear.... 
Mallika113 thumbnail
Kuber is actually related to Gajraj. His father and Gajraj are cousins.  Kuber handles all the Thakur family accounts, he is evil like his mom, Padmavati.   His dad and sister are nice.   Kuber is scamming some money off of Thakur family every month.    Gajraj trusts him , so he has no idea what is going on.

While Bhavna takes some rest, they can surely show the family history and also Kuber's family.  The cousin girls fighting is a blast to watch😆  They are like two women wrestlers😆
'

Edited by Mallika113 - 14 years ago
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

makers r giving very few dialouges to bhavna keeping her illness in mind

thanks to the makers becaz bhavna as jamunia smiling & only nodding her head like a nayi naveli dulhan was looking sooooooooooooo cute & so was gaurav as jai

love watching jai & jamunia when they talk to each other only thru their eyes !!!!