13/4 - Sid-Riddz :Let me stop this oscillation.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I don't agree at all with Riddz' symbolism of being tied in chains because it is so NOT true. Armaan released Riddhima the moment he found out that she is Sid's wife. Sid never kept her in the shackles of the obligation of marriage as he clearly told her before playing with her dupatta that he doesn't want to pile her with this relationship. If she wants to be with him , it has to be from the heart or else she is free to go.In no way have the two men tied her - she is free. Emotional confusion can be defended but emotional blame game cannot be.

However , i agree with Sid's symbolism with ice and Armaan's symbolism with fire ( frankly , the way it was shot was laughable - the ACH and the director need to be whacked ) .....Armaan is in a circle of fire because it symbolizes his emotional devastation and the fiery pain inside in which he burns. Sid on a slab of ice symbolizes his fast setting-in emotional numbness to an extent that he is tired of feeling , explaining and dealing with his emotions.

Today , when i saw a sobbing and shocked Riddhima staring at the divorce papers that Sid has sent her , I thought if what Sid must have thought before even asking the lawyer to prepare these papers.

We all remember that the last meeting which Sid-Riddz had and Armaan witnessed, Riddz sent the message across to Sid amidst 4.5 liters of motte-motte aansoo in her badi-badi aankhein.

" Tumne mujhe akela chhod diya."

"Tumne mera dil todh diya."

" Tum mera imtihaan lena chaahte the ki main kise chunto hoon."

And whenever Sid tried to open his mouth , Riddz sealed it with her emotional thappads which were again justified. Sid tried to stop her and she went out crying.

This is what went inside Sid's head after that:

" Today, when you ran out of the locker room, i felt that you were slipping from my hands once again.Maybe you have. You wanted to give this marriage a chance and we both were beginning to love each-other but then.... Armaan came. I could have told you that he is back but then , i did not want this marriage to trap you in case you wanted to go to him. But it is no use now as I cannot explain myself to you.....maybe i have snatched away the very hope of a lovely future that i myself gave you. Maybe i have broken your heart all over again . There is nothing comforting that i can tell you or any comfort that i can give you because am a criminal in your eyes. You will not trust me again , right? You even refused to come home, i think. Perhaps i should put a stop to this pain and this marriage that you wanted to give a chance to but that is now hurting you all over again.... maybe as long as this marriage holds you , you won't know what you want ..... and maybe you can never forgive me."

Sid has no idea that Riddz has any kind of feelings for him beyond friendship and he truly believes that he has shattered her beyond repair. She will not listen to him again , she will not trust him because he did not trust her. What do you do when you are between the devil and the deep sea? Sid is in a middle-of-nowhere situation and he is purely going by emotional impulse , not thinking rationally at all. That is why a symbolic reference to him with ice. He has frozen all the emotions because he no longer knows how to deal with them or win back Riddhima.

Sid sending Riddhima the divorce papers ( that is if he has sent them)  is a purely impulse driven emotional action. He thinks he is making life easier for her by doing so and he is so gonna be proven wrong by his wife.
But for all you know, this impulsive reaction is what was needed for both Sid-Riddz to know what they want and why they want it. And finally, Riddz has a choice. It is another matter altogether that she never wanted any choice.

Love and luck to everyone,❀️

GOD bless everyone.
πŸ€—
Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mabel thumbnail
luvd de way u put it...totally agree wid u....sid is emotionally driven...n de divorce papers....de very notion dat sid is going far away from ridzy will make her realize wat she wants!
mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The chains fire and ice...were hilarious.......gotto hand it to the CVs...for being ingenious..... πŸ€ͺ

He wanted her to be happy.....and he thinks he has failed......he feels he does not deserve her........
Even though  he does not want to do it.......he's done what he thinks is for the best........release her from this marriage.....
 I hope....that its just a precursor...to the beautiful Sidhima days ahead

What I think of your post:  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

Edited by moviebuff05 - 14 years ago
I agree πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
forbiddenlove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Im speechless....the way you wrote Sid's thoughts post the locker scene was absolutely flawless. πŸ‘πŸΌ
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

This is what went inside Sid's head after that:

" Today, when you ran out if the locker room, i felt that you were slipping from my hands once again.Maybe you have. You wanted to give this marriage a chance and we both were beginning to love each-other but then.... Armaan came. I could have told you that he is back but then , i did not want this marriage to trap you in case you wanted to go to him. But it is no use now as I cannot explain myself to you.....maybe i have snatched away the very hope of a lovely future that i myself gave you. Maybe i have broken your heart all over again . There is nothing comforting that i can tell you or any comfort that i can give you because am a criminal in your eyes. You will not trust me again , right? You even refused to come home, i think. Perhaps i should put a stop to this pain and this marriage that you wanted to give a chance to but that is now hurting you all over again.... maybe as long as this marriage holds you , you won't know what you want ..... and maybe you can never forgive me."

Pocoooooooooo.............I sooooooooo wanna thank u for this.........coz honestly.......even tho I could relate somewat as to why Sid sent those divorce papers..............I really could not figure out how exactly did he assemble all those pieces of verbal blast from his wife that he took such an irrational decision, coz it is clear that wat he has done is purely based on his sole assumption of wats in front of him......thus making it irrational on his part....

But yes......with that explosion, he realized something that he never expected, which his him hurting his wife, his love......."How could I even think of hurting u" is wat Sid has to say.....
And like he says always, "agar dard mene diya he toh dawa bhi mein hi doonga......".....and so he decides to end her pain, but not without give himself an equal dose of that pain........so what more can hurt him than having Ridhimma not in his life.......

Ridhimma on the other hand does not know that wat she sees on paper is a mere reflection of her true feelings for her husband which now the world will witness before she realizes it.....
Edited by sajni786 - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: moviebuff05

The chains fire and ice...were hilarious.......gotto hand it to the CVs...for being ingenious..... πŸ€ͺ

He wanted her to be happy.....and he thinks he has failed......he feels he does not deserve her........
Even though  he does not want to do it.......he's done what he thinks is for the best........release her from this marriage.....
 I hope....that its just a precursor...to the beautiful Sidhima days ahead

What I think of your post:  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

True, Buffy. Sid thinks he has ultimately failed Riddhima and her trust in him. And Riddz ka gussa os not helping matters either......so, finally Sid thinks he should simply release her and put an end to this eternal misery.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Pocoooooooooo.............I sooooooooo wanna thank u for this.........coz honestly.......even tho I could relate somewat as to why Sid sent those divorce papers..............I really could not figure out how exactly did he assemble all those pieces of verbal blast from his wife that he took such an irrational decision, coz it is clear that wat he has done is purely based on his sole assumption of wats in front of him......thus making it irrational on his part....

But yes......with that explosion, he realized something that he never expected, which his him hurting his wife, his love......."How could I even think of hurting u" is wat Sid has to say.....
And like he says always, "agar dard mene diya he toh dawa bhi mein hi doonga......".....and so he decides to end her pain, but not without give himself an equal dose of that pain........so what more can hurt him than having Ridhimma not in his life.......

Ridhimma on the other hand does not know that wat she sees on paper is a mere reflection of her true feelings for her husband which now the world will witness before she realizes it.....

"How could I even think of hurting u" is wat Sid has to say.....

BINGO! Kya baat kahi hai, puttarji!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

doukno thumbnail
Always the optimist,Poca!!!!!!Fab penning of Sid's thoughtsπŸ‘πŸ‘
Dou lubs  Poczie the 'dou' wayπŸ€—
LRC92 thumbnail
Sid sending Riddhima the divorce papers ( that is if he has sent them) is a purely impulse driven emotional action. He thinks he is making life easier for her by doing so and he is so gonna be proven wrong by his wife. But for all you know, this impulsive reaction is what was needed for both Sid-Riddz to know what they want and why they want it. And finally, Riddz has a choice. It is another matter altogether that she never wanted any choice.

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

But I am sad thou. If Riddhima is gonna choose either Sid or Armaan, that means no SIDMAAN?!   

LRC'S ❀️ .... πŸ’”

🀣

Sorry Poco for cracking a joke amidst your postings. It's just...SIDMAAN!! Cant bear to lose sight of them, you know what i mean? 😭

Again, sorry 😊

Lovely post of course πŸ˜ƒ

TC.