john89 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
hey guys, really sad that bbb ended, been silently reading the forums, or to be truthful the posts, as there's not that many around anymore. i am hoping that a petition gets started for Baa Bahu aur Baby, Khichdi & Instant Khichdi and Sarabhai DVDs, i'm sure they will sell out pretty fast.

anyway on to the topic. so i heard everyone saying how funny SVS (sarabhai vs sarabhai) is, and considering that it's from Hats off, i tried it. watched the first 4-5 episodes, found it okay, not as funny as instant khichdi, but 100x better than any other so called "comedy" programs out there. Even my dad thought it was simply OK, btw he loves all hats off shows too, RC, BBB, IK, etc, didn't like it that much.

So that was 3-4 months ago, well past week, there was hardly anything on tv, so i put this on for him again, and he loved it. he said to me that this is very very nice show, but the first few episodes were a bit boring (new start, introductions etc, its understandable). so we've been watching it regularly now, and my & my dad's & my lil brother's favourite character/interactions are with Madhavan Phoopa (aka Bapiji of BBB) and how he reacts with the whole family. We've seen around 10-15 episodes so far, in no particular order.

So today i put on the episode where the gizmo freak son in law, dushant, aka gattu, is introduced. it was a really really really funny episode. i thought i was gonna die or sometthing bads gonna happen to me due to the laughter. I'm not joking here, usually i would consider that as an over-exaggeration, but I'm not lying that was the funniest episode i've ever seen on TV (except for a few IK episodes). The whole episode was brilliant and hilarious (hence the thread title). My dad was watching it and he was laughing sooo much and so was I, it was really fun, at times, our voices of laughing went very very small (extreme lafin) and it was hard to control. after madhavan's Hein scenes finished i got to relax for a few seconds, and tried to ignore it completely so i wouldn't get sick (lol). Hats off to Aatish & JD & the actors for bringing us entertainment like this & putting our lives at risk πŸ˜†

Anyway, just saying how funny that episode was, i'm sure everyone must have liked it. waiting to see more soon. i just want to ask which other episodes are like this, i mean have dushant and madhavan phoopa and extremely stomach achingly funny.

but the most fun part is that, if you watch it alone, you enjoy it a bit, but if you watch it with your family, it's the best experience, i don't think i would have enjoyed it as much if my dad & bro weren't lafin uncontrollably right next to me lol, trust me there's nothing better, but they must have a sense of humour & good ears... πŸ˜†HEIN?πŸ˜†
Edited by john89 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I will recommend u SVS and RCboth....

The initial ones of SVS are not that funny ..but the mid-ones are better...

btw which episode r u talking abt.. thoda aur discription de do... are u talking abt that epi  in which indu hides himself from maya?

Edited by instantkhichdi - 14 years ago
john89 thumbnail
hey, yeah i liked RC really much, but it got cancelled damn those channels didn't realize that they had gold under their noses all the time.
Hats off is the best tv production house, there's no denying it. but i will say that the pre 2008 years were their best times where they delivered excellence. now not soo, but hopefully khichdi movie will change that.

i still watch old bbb episodes and love them soo much, bbb is the best show ever. some of the episodes i have seen more than 10 times and they still don't get boring. the background music, the dialogues, the story, the acting is all perfection. i couldn't find any fault in the old bbb. it was truly an amazing experience, i was really pissed one day at praveena for leaving, i bet if she hadn't left, bbb would still be running without stopping every fri-sun with the best stories ever. she found bbb to be boring & monotonous? yeah clearly, her other show is amazing where she looks like an old lady and seldom gets any lines, 2 second screen time every episoode. haha she deserves it tho.

anyway the episode was i think 29- Maya's Gizmo freak son in law. when dushant comes to fix the freezer. really funny episode.

please recommend more funny episodes, i am sure we will watch all of them slowly, but still want to see the funniest now, based on your expert opinion : )

edit: Which episodes are those in which Hansa, Praful and Himanshu appear, really want to see that one, please someone tell me about it, many times it's been asked but no1 ever responded to them, it's not possible that episode is not available, some one must have it. And another episode where Aatish himself makes an appearence.
birju4baby thumbnail
I have seen some episodes of SaraBhai .. and It is hillarious ..the best comedy show ever created on Indian television ...
My personal favorite is when Maya tries to make Indravadhan exercise and loose weight and Indravadhan sells his expensive sport shoes so that he can eat chaat pakori ..

You are so right ,Hats OFf shows are such a great stress buster and you enjoy so much more when you watch it with Family ... My whole family even the TV hating members will gather on weekend to watch Baa Bahu aur Baby ...

I am also looking for the episodes in which Instant Khichdi members appear ... Once I tried to look for it on net but I could not find it .. Maybe Jayved can tells us ,, he is kind of an expert on Hatsoff shows ..but he is not active on the forum nowadays ..

Simran jee ..Now you know why we recommend SvS so much and insist you watch it ...and then come back and tell us how you liked it 
john89 thumbnail
hey, i went looking for it, and i've found out when it aired and what happened. it aired on 18th & 19th April 2005. It was one hour special. and the previous episode ends with Maya opening the door and hansa greeting her "Hello, How are khana khake jaana". They are supposed to be long lost sisters, btw, did anyone know that Hansa & Maya actress are really sisters? i didn't know, its really hard to tell.

Well it wudhave been a very fun episode to watch. can't find it anywhere. it said that after that episode, the khichdi episode had the sarabhais visiting them, does no one have this episode?

john89 thumbnail
HA!, FOUND IT GUYS!!!

I looked everywhere and saw many many posts regarding it too, but I FOUND IT. Just got hold of the 1st Part. (20 mins) Trying to find the second episode cuz i'm sure it said that it was an hour special.

Look out here, will post it here soon, but i promise you I found it and have it in my HD right now, even looked at it, it ends with praful hansa and himanshu ending up at their house, maya opens the door, looks hilarious.
birju4baby thumbnail

Originally posted by: john89

HA!, FOUND IT GUYS!!!

I looked everywhere and saw many many posts regarding it too, but I FOUND IT. Just got hold of the 1st Part. (20 mins) Trying to find the second episode cuz i'm sure it said that it was an hour special.

Look out here, will post it here soon, but i promise you I found it and have it in my HD right now, even looked at it, it ends with praful hansa and himanshu ending up at their house, maya opens the door, looks hilarious.

Thanks .. I am waiting for the link
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I had watched that epi twice or thrice...was awesome..
Do you know that Dina Pathak, the original Badi maa of khichdi was Supriya and Ratna's real life mother....
Charu-Tushar are real life husband-wife too..(I read somewhere)
john89 thumbnail
hey instantkhichdi, i  was watching it yesterday, found it hilarious. but i only got the first 20 minutes of it, and it ends with Hansa Praful & Himanshu coming to their doorstep, Hansa says Khana Kha ke jana and Maya says Jee? It was hilarious. but the main part will be in the following part, which i can find no where at all, still looking for it tho.

you mentioned that you have seen it 3 times, maybe you could provide us with a link please? i'd really appreciate it, im just uploading the first part now. please try to get the link for second part.thanks
john89 thumbnail
Sarabhai vs Sarabhai Episode 25 - International Family Week

(Instant Khichdi crossover missing episode)

I'm still on lookout for the second episode of the crossover, because it was 1 hour special, this is only half of it. If anyone has it, please post it.

Link for first episode:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgJC_HfCOVM

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcuXdoGVsM

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8VAKS8ap50

Do Comment