Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
DMG was the no 1 show 2 years ago but then it slid down and eventually exited the TRP race.

Funnily this happened even when Armaan was there and there was an entire gang of good actors as the supporting cast.What went wrong then?

I think DMG failed to hold on to its brilliance due to many reasons.One was introduction of many twists and good ones too which were left trailing nowhere.We saw a potential storyline which would have gripped us and we all anticipated a return of the old charm but all we saw the same old thing:trying to solve everything by naach gana or inserting fake and not so funny humorous situations.When Abhi entered Sanjeevani and took over from Shashank everyone was holding their breath hoping for some interesting story as to how Arman and Co. save Sanjeevani.Why did we see?Matches,dancing and forced humour.

Another problem was too much focus on AR.I dont understand the concept of introducing couples when they have nothing to do but stand as props watching the drama unfold.Why was Sapna there?Why were Rahul- muskaan introduced?Why did Abhi get attracted to Ridz?What was the point of Nikki loving Arman?Is Anjali still unmarried?Has Atul any reason to be there-what does he do?

Sadly each one had a potential story but they were never continued.They were sidelined and left to trail off into nothing.As RM fans ask why did you introduce RM made them hope so much only to have no definate ending?

Another problem is lack of growth in characters.AR are still what they were 2 years ago.They still have the trust issues-the communication problems.Ridz still doesnt speak her mind to Arman and Arman is still wooing Ridz in the same as he did 2 years ago.For a couple which has seen so many roller coaster drives in the last two years-why is there no progress in their relation?Why do they fight-make up-fight-make up-fight-make up.............

Finally lack of future insight.The CVs are mostly concerned with raising TRPs in the short run so they try to raise them by making characters dance,introduce new characters -change their getups!Instead if they only concentrated on the future track they would have developed a storyline.

Serials work when they have a storyline.You cant bank on glamour or star charisma to take you far.And Cvs have failed ever to make a gripping storyline.

UNTIL NOW-

I was telling my friend that I havent seen the DMG forum so alive in years-actually since the starting days of DMG!!The CVs have now presented us with so many issues-We have a triangle where all three characters are hurting and good.

We are talking about love-respect/trust,feministic side of the argument,the moral side of the argument.We are seeing two beautiful shades of love:intensity vs compatibility.We are seeing human sides of SId and Ridz-the multiple layers of a woman's mind,her confusion.Hopefully we will see another side of Arman.

In the last few weeks CVs have been able to do all that they couldnt do in years.I am really proud of them.

What was the point of the post?I just want to say whether you are an AR fan or a SR fan -they both belong to DMG and after a long time the DMG creatives have given us a track which is gripping.This can take DMG to leaps.Instead of crying sour over why Ridz didnt choose Arman/Sid -instead of bashing everyone in sight esp Ridz-we should learn to enjoy this twist.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riddhan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
dmg 2 needs a story which is missing ksg can't do anything if there is no story n i think the twist which they r showing is boring as they r dragging it so i just hope cv's find a original story soon rather then dragging n copying scenes n plzzz make ridzs character gud don't destroy it to make armaan n sid look gud don't fully destroy ridzs character even make it nice n dmg1 was superb wen kash was der but cv's dragged it n thats y it suffered but it was fantastic as compared to dmg2Edited by riddhan - 14 years ago
luvuKSG91 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
ru kiddin me.. da last 2 years epi'z were like da best.. i wud say da track thatz goin on now is pretty boring.. noffence.. buh u ppl like the rona dhona n too much drama in the epiz which i totyally hate... n i dint watch da first year of DMG which i jus strted watchin lately n dey were jus tooo gud...i'd say da ppl who r gettin tired of todays track.. watch da old epis.. it will serisly take yuh stress out.. i can watch old epis everyday(year).deir was a reason y da tracks were unfinished as if dey did complete da tracks it wud cumpletly b a kekta show.. i mean u wanted to see ridz gettin married to abi n nikki married to arman n den misunderstandins, death n all dah i belive dats cumpletly bs***.. i used to love da old DMG its not the same w'o the old crew.. da humour n story wsa juss mind blowing n btw it wasnt a forced humor.. dis show enjoyable for teens n ppl who hav fun in life wud get dis show... todays track is 🤢.. n i stopped watchin it cumpletely during sid n ridz track.. buh i only strted watchin it again cus of KSG cus hez da best n luv em a lot n he is best n live thing in da show.. pcz 
Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: luvuKSG91

ru kiddin me.. da last 2 years epi'z were like da best.. i wud say da track thatz goin on now is pretty boring.. noffence.. buh u ppl like the rona dhona n too much drama in the epiz which i totyally hate... n i dint watch da first year of DMG which i jus strted watchin lately n dey were jus tooo gud...i'd say da ppl who r gettin tired of todays track.. watch da old epis.. it will serisly take yuh stress out.. i can watch old epis everyday(year).deir was a reason y da tracks were unfinished as if dey did complete da tracks it wud cumpletly b a kekta show.. i mean u wanted to see ridz gettin married to abi n nikki married to arman n den misunderstandins, death n all dah i belive dats cumpletly bs***.. i used to love da old DMG its not the same w'o the old crew.. da humour n story wsa juss mind blowing n btw it wasnt a forced humor.. dis show enjoyable for teens n ppl who hav fun in life wud get dis show... todays track is 🤢.. n i stopped watchin it cumpletely during sid n ridz track.. buh i only strted watchin it again cus of KSG cus hez da best n luv em a lot n he is best n live thing in da show.. pcz 

That is your opinion and I really respect that.I ,unlike you,watched DMG from day one so I am able to make better comparison I guess.I never said Abhi should have married Ridhima or Nikki armaan-what I said and which you would understand was about unexploited storylines.

I dont watch serials with shitty plots and no story merely because there is one character/actor.jodi I like.So story,logic and character development matters to me.As you can see from the renewed interest in DMG which had lost out a lot of its fans to MJHT-this track is successfully bringing people back.

No offence meant and ofcourse none taken on my side::)