Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi Folks

As you all know Chef Jacob's Show " Aaha Enna Rusi" is a popular one on SUN TV

He made us all proud by setting up this new world record

picture credit:https://www.chefjacob.in/

News Credits to thehindu.com/news

Chennai chef sets world record

GUINNESS FEAT: Chef Jacob during his attempt to create a World Record of day-long barbeque cooking at Temple Bay in Mahabalipuram on Sunday. Photo: S.R. Raghunathan

A city-based chef has entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for doing the longest barbeque cooking of Indian dishes.

For achieving the feat, Jacob cooked around 485 dishes in a span of 24 hours since Sunday morning, Guinness World Records Adjudications Department Head Lucia Sinigaleisi told reporters.

Jacob said his "passion" to make different dishes made him to achieve the feat. "Right from my childhood I wanted to make various dishes and that passion made me to do this feat," 34-year-old Jacob, a gold medallist in catering technology and working as freelance consultant to five city-based star rated hotels said.

"I came to know that such an achievement was not made in this sector. I sought Guinness World Records team to get their approval in December and when I started cooking yesterday, they were monitoring", he said.

Of the total 485 dishes he cooked, around 150 were non-vegetarian dishes.

Jacob said his next move was to break his own record. "I want to break my own record. If someone breaks it, then I will try to create a new record," he said.

State Information Minister Parithi Illamvazhuthi presented the Guinness Certificate to Jacob.

The dishes made were distributed to various orphanages and old age homes

Here are some picture I just received from Chef Jacob himself

From the Development Team Members
Tamil Section
India-forums

Note: As you all  are aware in our Tamil Section we have so many mouth watering and easy recipes  posted.

If you are interested please visit

Edited by atina - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atina thumbnail
Grilling for the Guinness : News Credits: expressbuzz.com

Parveen Sikkander
First Published : 16 Mar 2010 11:46:00 PM IST

Every time I meet this chef, I am amused at the things he has just achieved and the scores of others he has up his sleeve. But this time I write this in complete awe of the man who has joined the Guinness hall of fame.

Jacob Sahaya Kumar Aruni now has the Guinness glory certificate at his residence in Anna Nagar. It has been a grueling two weeks for Jacob and his team members who meticulously planned, lured sponsors, and yes called me at unearthly hours for an opinion or an instant meet. Lucia Sinigagliesi, the Adjudications Manager from the Guinness world records team in London arrived in Chennai looking every bit the judicial part. At the same time she is absolutely vivacious, chirpy, loves India and even has our National flag displayed at her home (one of the items she collected during her previous travels).

Through the night Jacob is sleepless and bouts of headache set in. At 6am I am at GRT Temple Bay to look at the hoardings, arrangements, massive grills and soon join Lucia and Jacob for breakfast. Two idlis and little upuma is all that he has and runs to the venue to oversee the marination.

It's 9.30am, the sun is at its peak and the event is flagged off. The crowd applauds and within 20 minutes Jacob breaks into sweat. There is no canopy over him and the coal emits extreme heat from five large grills, it's breezy and the smoke blinds him. The lids are heavy and it's indeed weight lifting time for Jacob every ten minutes.

The rules of the Guinness record are pretty simple. He can take a five minute break every one hour, none to assist, family members or friends cannot maintain the log book, a doctor to be on call and Jacob has to cook more than 400 varieties of grilled meat and vegetables. From chicken to pork to pears to paneer, Jacob swirls and grills with ease for the next three hours using various rubs and sauces.

Although he craves for Biriyani, he settles for glucose water and light salad. Lucia keeps a watchful vigil and takes short breaks, as she loves the sun and sea. There is no way that Jacob can breach the rules as a camera records the events.

By 8pm he is tired and takes a 20 minute break (after accumulation of break times). He uses this time to wash up, change into a comfortable pair of clothes and grab an energy drink. Lucia and I have dinner at the Wharf exchanging travel ideas. The total number of dishes in barbeque was 485, which well crossed the initial target of 400 dishes and 950 kilos of barbeque meat were used.

By 11 PM Jacob's feet have swelling and the doctor attends to him. He changes his shoes and continues the mission. I leave at 1am and call his team members every one hour to check on the situation. It's Monday the 15th of March and at 9. 40am I get a call ' "Hey I have done it," he gushes as he enters the prestigious Guinness Book of World Records.

On the same day, Information and Broadcast Minister, Paruthi Elamvazhuthi awarded Chef Jacob at GRT, T Nagar and honoured him for this achievement.
atina thumbnail
Hi folks,
If you want to watch his Record setting episode...please watch "AAha Enna Rusi" coming Saturday, 20th March episode ( 1 pm on Sun TV)

The whole episode is going to be about his record winning day/night

Do Not Miss It.

If you miss it...please visit here again ...as I will be posting the link from Viluthu.com
smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Atinamaa for this wonderful post ... I'm regularly watching his cookery show in sun tv .. Eagerly waiting to watch the record setting episode ..

Congratulations , Jacob 👏 !!
Edited by smlaksh - 14 years ago
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks, Atina, for this info.  I do watch his show regularly, and sometimes, I even write down his recipes.  He is a good chef.  Is there some place where we can find out what dishes he made during this time?
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Thanks Atinamam for the wonderful news..

Congratulations Chef Jacob... 400+ dishes in 24 hours 😲. wow that is so amazing... man my mouth is watering.. i want some of those food 😭..

I'll def watch it from viluthu.com
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hmm, and it took me two hours to prepare two sabjis, rotis, no salad.  How did the man do it? 
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: eljay

Hmm, and it took me two hours to prepare two sabjis, rotis, no salad.  How did the man do it? 

Eljay maa, neenga laavathu better!  Naano should feel ashamed 😭😭😭 b/c it takes me 35 mins to make milk tea .. by the tiem I give it to whoever wants it it'll be cold 😆😆..

then it takes me 4 hours to make one dish (a vegetiaran dish) .. no wonder why I don't have any requests to make any meals at home 😆😆😆
Meena.IF thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Atina ma for sharing this..

Congrats Jacob... Sure u will break ur own records soon...
atina thumbnail
Hi friends,

I just had a brief talk with  Chef Jacob and the news is:

" this saturday that episode is not going to be aired due to other formalities etc...So when it is going to to be aired...I will let you all know about the day and time...and ofcourse if you miss...do not worry...I will post here the li nk from Viluthu.com"

soon I will post some picturesd which Chef Jacob himself sent to me...
Please visit again.