CID

CID CLASSIC CASES - Kabhi Purana Mostly New

prabha. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
O MY GOD FINALLY CID CLASSIC CASES ARE NOW FOR REAL.

They are showing a case right now. And to me it looks like PRE-DAYA ERA. I don't see Freddie either. I am soooooooooooooooo excited. The full CID team is not shown yet, I could be wrong. They took a break so soon. But ACP is looking soooooooo young like he did when CID started.
Edited by prabhanarayan - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: prabhanarayan

FINALLY CID CLASSIC CASES ARE NOW FOR REAL.

They are showing a case right now. And to me it looks like PRE-DAYA ERA. I don't see Freddie either. I am soooooooooooooooo excited. The full CID team is not shown yet, I could be wrong. They took a break so soon. But ACP is looking soooooooo young like he did when CID started.

Pre-Daya era??????

Pls record Daya's first episode.............I'll do  anything for you.
prabha. thumbnail
I will yaar you know what Daya Sir means to me. Only if they continue to show this sequence. All excitement will go down the drain if they pick random cases in this series.

Are you seeing the case now. The CID team is full of UNCLES who have played Criminals in later run of CID. No Viren, No Daya Sir, No Freddie, No Sudhakar. This cases has started to seem familiar. I think I had seen it when it was originally aired.
prabha. thumbnail
Does anyone remember CID's first case? I am wondering if today's case is the first case.
somu_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: prabhanarayan

Does anyone remember CID's first case? I am wondering if today's case is the first case.

exactly..!! i feel d same.....!!! i mean no daya no feddie. no sudhakar no viren..!! and sucha young dashing ACP...!!!! hahaha dunno 1st case or not... but definitely from d starting...!
prabha. thumbnail
I think this is one of the those 6 cases they shot much earlier, I think in 1986/88. There is no mention of CID. They are just saying police. And in the episode one of the officers Desai, died during investigation.
prabha. thumbnail
I now clearly remember that I had seen this case when it was originally aired. The case is called  -  KISSA ZAHAR KA (no English title). No body said the words CID or ACP. Even the lady they were interrogating was addressing ACP as Inspector. I think this is definitely  one of the 6 Six cases Sing Saab has mentioned here, I think this is probably the first episode of CID

How did 'C.I.D' begin its journey?
It just happened. There was no survey, no homework. There was only passion. In those days, there was no trend unlike today, when we have a certain trend of family dramas. Almost any and every family drama seem to have some viewership, even though it may not achieve scaling heights. I don't think there's any family drama which has fallen flat on its face in recent times. To say it in one line, C.I.D was not a time-tested formula. Actually, I had made six episodes of the show even before Sony Entertainment Television saw the light of day.

Could you elaborate on that?

I had made six episodes in 1986. Sony began in 1994. Going back, I started my career in 1973 in Doordarshan. I was a news camera-man and handled the camera for about 10 years. Thereafter, I started getting an urge to break free. I thought I could see the scenes from a different and maybe better perspective. I asked Doordarshan if they were interested in serialising some detective stories. I started doing some groundwork by meeting some detectives, etc.

I made a film called Sirf Char Din - a murder mystery - which was relayed on Doordarshan. Then I produced Ek Shunya Shunya for Doordarshan again. That time, it was the third best thing happening. Ramayana had a TRP of 84, followed by Udaan having 83, followed by Ek Shunya Shunya registering 75. Then I made a few Marathi serials for Doordarshan. Then, Sony happened. Those days, the satellite channel invasion was being talked about a lot. I thought, let me do something on satellite channels. During my days at Doordarshan, I had started with C.I.D.

sneh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes dear according to my memory this was the 1st episode of CID the officer dies his an actor called Sanjay Shemkalyanee He is a Marathi actor and I use to see his serial going on those days the name was 'dev pavala'. And I was dejected that he in CID for just a episode.
prabha. thumbnail
I recognize that actor too, I am sure I have seen him in Ek Shoonya Shoonya and others when I was younger. But if this was the first episode, which even I believe it was, its strange that they did not give any introduction of the characters. I just randomly hear a few last names but don't know who was who. Only know the last name of this officer who died. May be this is the time he was called Shrikant Patkar and later changed to Pradyuman. No one called him ACP, no mention of CID. I think CID was was formed when the serial had already started. They are shown as police officers only.

Coming to the case. It was interesting.
shaina_mbbs thumbnail

yes today they have aired a very old episode in which ACP sir was very young...the episode was a gud one...it was lukin a one man show..even aushutosh gowarikar wasn't der..so senior members if you remember was this the first episode of CID?Am eager to see young daya sir😳