Riddhima ki pariksha-a giant leap for mankind??..

nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Living in the 21st century, a woman's chastity will still forever be tested, and yesterday's scene was proof of that. Giving tests has become a second nature to women, whether in human or divine form...even Sita had to prove herself in the Agni pariksha...then who is Riddhima to be excused?? Woah, that was deep even for me, of course I'm exaggerating slightly, but it is something to think about. Yes, I know Riddhima still is the person who seems to be in two minds about the marriage, but is Sid's behaviour justified??? The issue is addressed by me below-

Sid's face moves in towards Riddhima, he cups her soft face into his steady hands, so that she is incapable of looking elsewhere. He stops to glance into her eyes, his expression confident, usually people wait for that pause in order to make the moment a little more romantic...but when Sid looks into Riddhima's anticipating eyes...he's merely observing her for that reflex action, until she crumbles and moves away from him, and consequently her word...proving his judgement of her to be correct.  She doesn't, the only movement is of her eyes, just watching him, his face, his eyes, his lips slowly moving in closer...and closer...and closer. And she snaps.

She can't do it. "Why do you move away Riddhima?" Sid questions her tauntingly.

Well firstly, I don't believe that intimacy is the be all and end all of the husband-wife relationship, admittedly you love the person then fair enough or if in an arranged marriage and you haven't had the opportunity to love them, then it would still be justifiable on the basis of some sort of attraction towards your other half.

Now then, in an extenuating circumstance, specifically, if such a situation ever existed as it does between Sid and Riddhima-intimacy is the ULTIMATE stage not the INITIAL...and obviously consent is required from both people in question. Consent only exists on the foundations of understanding, which is completely absent here!
Without understanding each other, Sid cannot expect Riddhima to completely surrender herself over to him. Furthermore he has the audacity to question WHY she felt uncomfortable. All Riddhima really had to say was "I moved away because your reasons to come close to me are to test me, not because you love me or are attracted to me"....I would have. Putting Riddhima on the spot with cynical questions such as, "if i come close to you, you don't have a problem with that"...the intention is clear. He simply wants her to break under the burden of her own conscience, confirm that she doesn't trust him...yet.
However, doesn't trust have to be earnt?? You can't just impose it on anyone in the spur of the moment but  I'd  also like to clarify that although Riddhima most probably trusts Sid, its HERSELF she doesn't trust with him...note "mujhe tora sa waqt deejiye please"...BLESS HER! It takes two to tango! Riddhima cannot try and fix herself when both are at fault here.

Sid deserves to have a wife, by that do I mean an all rounder of an individual amounting to the love of his life and his best friend wrapped in a ribbon full of promises of a happy life together?? , then yeah he does. However, don't get me wrong, but he won't get her if he keeps insiting childishly that a near stranger become that person overnight especially after he treats her so roughly, understandably he's burning inside. "Mere namurad junoon ka ab ilaaj koi to maut hai, jo dava ke naam pe zeher de us jaaragar ki talaash hai" says Riddhima and she's found him...his name? Siddhant Modi.

Its shocking to think that Sid is the same person who said, "jab tak tum mujhe izzat nahi dogi, tumhare shareer par, tumhari aatma par aur tum par...mera koi haq nahi hoga"....acha? hmmm, yeh izzat  wali requirement sirf Riddhima ke liye thi? , hummein lagta hai ke jo doosron ko salah dete hai, wo khud bhi wo salah azmayein to acha hoga 👏😉...practice what you preach Modi-baby!

Ending with another one of Sid's QUALITY one liners, " aaj se hum sirf dost hai..aur dosti se pyar ka safar tumhein teh karna hoga Riddhima"..... pshhht. 

Over and out! Please comment budddies! x

Edited by nm21 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coasta_70 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You are the first person who has written about this issue without any bias .....fantastic!
hapinezz13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I really like how u addressed both Riddhima n Sid's feelings.

I agree 100% with you on how Sid is treating Ridz but what i don't understand id that why is he in such a hurry to make her forget her past n that too by being so mean. I had expected Sid to give her sometime at least....hasn't he heard that love n respect are earned not gifted to you by virtue of ur relationship or age.

I just wish he becomes the old Sid...but now looking from his POV...he knows he is doing wrong....I just don't know why he is doing it? He does care for her but why is he not showing it?
I guess they both need to talk to each other....explain what they want n need n give each other time to take a few steps towards each other!!

😳

👍🏼 Edited by Evita. - 14 years ago