1/03- Sid-Riddz: Of alcohol, passion and emotion !

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Happy Holi! 🤗 

*throws all her friends at IF into a big king-size tub of herbal fuchsia pink water and stuffs everybody's mouth with sweets so that they cannot protest.... bura na maano, Holi hai*  🥳🥳

Back to Sid-Riddz.

A totally drunk Sid closes in on Riddhima who is unsettled by Sid's physical proximity - it is an invasion of her personal space - an invasion that Riddhima is not used to and will not be until she falls in love with Sid eventually and accepts him as her soulmate instead of accepting Sid and this marriage as a package deal that destiny has delivered to her.....

Riddhima tries to leave , but Sid pins her back to the pillar - his expressions sweet , soft and yeah, passionate . He was not angry or hateful for those few fleeting minutes - he looks at her like a child and as he raises his hand to her face , a terrified Riddhima shuts her eyes - it is understandable since Sid has grown increasingly demonstrative of the fury and pain that burns holes in his heart. But Sid in his sweet drunken stupor puts the colour on her cheek and wishes her a happy Holi..... Riddhima looks at him and raises that DAMNED letter issue again but Sid puts a finger on her lips and like a bratty kid tells her that they will not do any sad talks today .... they will think and talk about happy things.... and slowly , stepping back from these fleeting moments of inebriated sweetness which often comes forth when he looks at Riddz , momentarily forgetting the walls between them ... Sid takes Riddhima away with him... to play Holi , whether she likes it or not. Riddhima resists but Sid doesn't let go of her hand and clasping it firmly , he takes her away with him.......

Sid....hurt , wounded , angry , frustrated , on a defensive offensive , provoked by his friends and all the ugly feelings fueled by alcohol literally drags Riddhima to the Holi party.... No. He is not in his senses . He doesn't know how to deal with what burns inside ... he doesn't know what to make of Riddz and this marriage... he wants his wings but he finds them clipped by Riddhima's now-regretted-betrayal .... and those doses of alcohol have ripped open the ugliness he sees in Riddhima , her 'wifey dramatics' and his own self......

All the angst against Riddhima , against himself and what he thinks to be a grand facade of marriage comes rushing to the surface as he firmly holds Riddhima by the waist , so close to himself that you feel he is trying to make a vegetable club sandwich out of himself and her .... Riddhima can feel the grip and the passionate emotional angst in that holding of her against his body.... No. It is not love or possession ... it is his spite ... his spite for her ' wife facade' which has gone to other levels because of those honeymoon tickets... he thinks very low of Riddhima and because of that he is touching his on low levels which actually don't exist.

Sid even gets into a verbal duel with Sue and Yuvi over his behaviour with Riddhima ......and Riddz knowing what state Sid is in wards off Yuvi coolly.... Sid, not letting go of Riddhima and repeatedly referring to her as 'Patniji'  and her image as 'Biwi ke farz' , tells his friends that now , they will see a demo of Riddhima's 'PATNI-SHIP'..... and you know that all this is Sid's SPITE for Riddhima which has arisen from that one mistake that Riddhima made and is desperately trying to erase. ......

Riddhima does not protest. She goes and gets a glass of 'thandaai' for Sid even as the gang wonders how to get their sweet , adorable baby-like Sid back. Not their mistake. They have no idea what has happened between Sid-Riddz and what they both are suffering individually.......

Sid , having turned Riddhima into the performing puppet of the moment because he refuses to suffer alone , asks her to clean his shoes.....Riddhima looks at him stunned but Sid says what makes you realize that he is still stuck in the night if his marriage - he has not moved out of the shock and grief of it.... not even an inch....

If you don't do as i say , i am going to tell everyone what you did on the day of our marriage.

Riddhima , putting her pride and self-respect aside , bends down to clean Sid's shoe with her dupatta.... Sid , even though badly drunk....his expressions begin to change from mean and insensitive to soft surprise and some kind of realization.... Riddhima looks up at him with pensive eyes as if to say... I can't believe you are doing this to me, Siddhanth. Am i so bad that you can treat me so shabbily without a tug in your heart?

For a few fleeting seconds, you see the glimpse of that adorable Sid that we all love .... an utter softie , even if for a few moments... just as Riddhima is about to touch Sid's feet , he instantly bends down and makes her stand up.... surprise on his alcohol-unsteady eyes and some pensiveness on his face.... get up Riddhima.... what are you doing? I ... I did not mean it.. I was just kidding.... and Riddhima looks at him blankly but her eyes brimming with emotion and hurt pride.... where are you , Siddhanth ? Come back....

A touchy moment follows.... Naina and Sue take away Riddhima even as Sid totters on his feet like a kid who has been given 20 tequila shots... he is unsure of what he felt at that moment when Riddhima was at his feet. Riddhima walks a few steps ahead and then, she turns and gives Sid an intense pensive look as if to ask him when is the Sid she knew coming back. When is he going to release her and himself from this constant agony........

Riddhima , hurt and upset goes on to her own flurry of thoughts..... I know I have brought all this upon myself . I and Siddhant himself has lost Sid because of me - He is hurt ,angry , upset and he is venting out all this ugliness because i have slapped him with it.... Sid is a great man and i know it... what all has he not done for me? He stood by my side through thick and thin and i only caused agony to him... throughout. I cannot and i should not feel bad.... i will be with Sid and if all this makes him happy , so be it. This marriage , Siddhant are my destiny and i am going to take the good with the bad..... You look at Riddhima and realize that she is putting all this on the Karmic cycle and accepting Sid and her marriage to him as her destiny .... No, Riddhima. Destiny alone will not help and you are not a rag doll. You have to work towards a relationship and work towards getting Sid back to his old self and this marriage.... and meekness is not going to do it. Sooner or later , Riddhima has to fight it out with Sid... but that will happen only when she feels rightful towards Sid , not just dutiful.

What followed was of course funny , cute and bitter-sweet. Sid's affection , passion and angst towards Riddhima shown in the way he stayed fixated to his wife during the entire Holi party , dancing around her , playing with her , hugging her and in the end clasping her by her waist and holding her close..... no, the in-his-senses Sid would be the most unlikely to do it.... but he is drunk and he is hurt and even more than that he is not able to make sense of his shift of feelings towards Riddhima which go from one flavour to another......

Riddhima pushed Sid away because he was too lost in his drunken stupor and his stubborn passion ... and that push attacked both his heart and his being.... Sid is drunk , wounded and unsettled and that is not very good news for Riddhima in the coming day......

Another thing that i feel is that not everybody can like or understand Sid-Riddz ... they really are something else. They comprise all the vices , virtues and colours of the human spectrum. They have not sprung from hatred or love..... they have sprung from poignant pathos and that is why they move the ones who can see them in the light they are standing in.

Love and luck always,

God bless everyone.🤗

Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow Poco ....Wonderful post !! Happy Holi 2 u 2!! I am throwing coloring colors to u lolz....!! you put  various colors by writing colorful post!!

This fairytale is hard to understand!! but there would be sunshine one day ----Sid-Ridz make it 2 togetherand they have 2!!

Like u said, not dutiful wife, but as respected person, Ridz needs Sid and that too with getting old sid back  is needed!!

I am hoping story will not get too complicated 4 them...!!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Thank you, Pinchu. 🤗.....

"This fairytale is hard to understand!! but there would be sunshine one day ----Sid-Ridz make it 2 togetherand they have 2!!

Like u said, not dutiful wife, but as respected person, Ridz needs Sid and that too with getting old sid back  is needed!!"

You said it.

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Holi Pocu 👍🏼

For a few fleeting seconds, you see the glimpse of that adorable Sid that we all love .... an utter softie , even if for a few moments... just as Riddhima is about to touch Sid's feet , he instantly bends down and makes her stand up.... surprise on his alcohol-unsteady eyes and some pensiveness on his face.... get up Riddhima.... what are you doing? I ... I did not mean it.. I was just kidding....
This was a really good scene in terms of KW's acting and the way we saw that old adorable Sid, and the way his eyes fleeted when he saw Ridz bent down, i am so glad he didnt let her do it but told her to get up - he still holds something/respect? for her, and also he was quite surpried and kinda pricked by what just happened
I think this proved to Ridz that Sid is still in there somewhere the one she knows and has seen

Riddhima has to fight it out with Sid... but that will happen only when she feels rightful towards Sid , not just dutiful.
Exactly - Rightful a good word, Ridz really needs to talk to him, like i say communication is so needed here to clear the air here, they are both stuck on the same issue the marriage day, they cant seem to get past it esp Sid

he is drunk and he is hurt and even more than that he is not able to make sense of his shift of feelings towards Riddhima which go from one flavour to another......Interesting, his feelings are all over the place and i dont think he knows what he feels for her, they are all kind of feelings

Another thing that i feel is that not everybody can like or understand Sid-Riddz ... they really are something else. I agree, not everyone can understand SR bond/relation like you say it is something else altogether - something more and deep, its just RIVETING They comprise all the vices , virtues and colours of the human spectrum. They have not sprung from hatred or love..... they have sprung from poignant pathos and that is why they move the ones who can see them in the light they are standing in. 👏

Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Holi Pocahontas and everyone on IF!

Ahh I just LOVE Sid and Riddhima, I have no other personal comment to make, you post is awesomee!

Keep writing, good luck god bless 

x
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Poco for posting this.

I missed the rang scene.. Now I shall re-watch the episode, u made the episode sound much better than it really is.
hum993 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sid and ridzi make a good pair together but i guess sid is being a bit stupid at the moment but eventually it will get better am sure :):):)
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

dear Poco 🤗

Yes this Modi hot couples,  Have to fight for each other emotions, putting behind past and ego.....needed fresh start badly....!!

I hope this holi vanishes bad colors in their life as well....

"rang bhare bahar "

One high point in episode that Ridzie ---Wipedown shoe and Sid ---make her get up------And Ridzie knows---Real Sid is so sweet and soft and he hate that...and for a momment ...it happen......!!

How long you runaway with your own nature, how much you admit that change person inside out....but one thing respect should not change.....Even in bitterness....Sid did not make it to her and that is also he respects her a lot....he was just hurt! at moment and that emotions shown very nicely by SID and RIDZ !! Love KW even more to make SID real Out !! But As a part of human nature i am also not able to see Sid's negative side effect....it torns him in and out ...he is burning...and healing process need done before eveything vanishes from this man!
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7

I agree with everything you wrote, Sid continues to react to the pain he is in because of Riddhima.   We saw angry Sid post-wedding, post-wedding night, now we're seeing drunk Sid.  

I'd like to say he is drunk on her beauty but something tells me it isnt that.   I simple loved Wahi in this episode, he stole the show with his performance once again.   But truth be told, when people are drunk in general, their real emotions come out in spades.   Yes, we already knew he was angry at Rids and why, but now we are seeing the depths of his own tears, and yes I am going to say tears because he is so sad and upset his own bride would try to take her own life. 

It wasn't too long ago that he lost his love Tamanna to another guy, someone more traditional than he was.    And now the newly-matured, newlywed Siddanth Modi has to face another girl who apparently doesn't appreciate him, or at least he thinks she doesnt.  

So behind this inebriated act of his, is the true Siddanth, a guy weeping because he feels Riddhima has no feelings for him whatsoever, really only cares about her family and herself.   And his infantille behavior during the Holi episode feels to me like he is saying, "Rids I cant live without you, I am angry and upset right now but I cant live without you and I wont let you ignore me at any cost." 

His possessiveness of Riddhima speaks volumes of how he truly cares for her, and although he did treat her shabbily in the episode, I doubt he would allow anyone near her to do the same thing.   I am sure he is going to relent later and ask Riddhima for her forgiveness.   Betting on it.  

Sid loves Riddhima, maybe not like he did Tamanna, but he does feel for her.   I wouldn't bet on this cold war of his lasting for long.   You did see the choli scene last week, right?   😉
Edited by trina_one - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Happy Holi Pocu 👍🏼

For a few fleeting seconds, you see the glimpse of that adorable Sid that we all love .... an utter softie , even if for a few moments... just as Riddhima is about to touch Sid's feet , he instantly bends down and makes her stand up.... surprise on his alcohol-unsteady eyes and some pensiveness on his face.... get up Riddhima.... what are you doing? I ... I did not mean it.. I was just kidding....
This was a really good scene in terms of KW's acting and the way we saw that old adorable Sid, and the way his eyes fleeted when he saw Ridz bent down, i am so glad he didnt let her do it but told her to get up - he still holds something/respect? for her, and also he was quite surpried and kinda pricked by what just happened
I think this proved to Ridz that Sid is still in there somewhere the one she knows and has seen

So true. Sid was pricked.....we know he has much affection for Riddhima which raises it's head from time to time . We only need his affection , respect and compassion for Riddhima to come back in full force.

Riddhima has to fight it out with Sid... but that will happen only when she feels rightful towards Sid , not just dutiful.
Exactly - Rightful a good word, Ridz really needs to talk to him, like i say communication is so needed here to clear the air here, they are both stuck on the same issue the marriage day, they cant seem to get past it esp Sid

I will seriously give Sid a bear hug once he reads the letter. It needs to be read on an emergency basis now.

he is drunk and he is hurt and even more than that he is not able to make sense of his shift of feelings towards Riddhima which go from one flavour to another......Interesting, his feelings are all over the place and i dont think he knows what he feels for her, they are all kind of feelings

Another thing that i feel is that not everybody can like or understand Sid-Riddz ... they really are something else. I agree, not everyone can understand SR bond/relation like you say it is something else altogether - something more and deep, its just RIVETING They comprise all the vices , virtues and colours of the human spectrum. They have not sprung from hatred or love..... they have sprung from poignant pathos and that is why they move the ones who can see them in the light they are standing in. 👏