i paint because of my parents:karan mehra:article

bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
http://beta.tellycafe.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2452&parentid=0
"I paint because of my parents" - Karan Mehra
30 Views  0 Comments     Share To This Discuss Story !      Videos    Photos  Print  

"My parents encouraged me to take up painting" – Karan Mehra

There has to be something about the acting business. Maybe it gets the actor in touch with his inner self, or maybe there is so much that he sees, that he feels the need to potray it visually. The latest to join the bandwagon of actors-who-paint is Karan Mehra, TV celebrity, and known for his role in Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai on STAR Plus. Straight from the horse's mouth then, is why he paints.

Q. How did you cultivate the passion for painting and sketching?
A. One fine day, when I was in the twelfth standard, I just picked up a pencil and drew a picture, and it turned out great. When my parents saw it, they saw some potential, and encouraged me to go ahead with this passion. I enrolled myself in the National Institute of Fashion Designing, and went on to become a topper in my batch.

Q. What is your favourite subject to draw? Why?
A. I draw a lot of faces – abstract ones at times. I also reproduce pictures that I see here and there, but I make it more stylish, not too similar to the original. I am yet to discover why I draw faces. Maybe because I observe a lot and can read people's faces.

Q. You splash colours on your canvas, but you dislike participating in holi, the festival of colours!
A. The colours that are used during holi irritate my skin, and I itch. I like colours in my paintings. I am happy with that.

Q. You are shy and quiet by nature, and your hobby is painting, which is a moody pastime. How did you end up becoming an actor?

A. I like designing and drawing, but I have always had this thing for modeling. I have been an introvert for 22 years, but I am also camera-friendly. The first time I performed on stage in front of a 300-strong audience, I was fine. Now I stay in my own space, and I am comfortable with the people that I have to deal with. I am not an extreme introvert, but yes, I am quiet.

Q. What does your fiance, Nisha, think of your paintings?
A. She likes my creations. In fact, she is a painter herself, and much quicker than me.  I take my time to think and create, but she paints impromptu.

Q. How do you manage to make time for your hobby? Your schedules as an actor are most hectic!
A. I have not painted in the past two-three years. I need to get into a certain mood to paint, and then I can draw a lot of pictures.

Q. Do you see yourself as a fashion designer in the near future?
A. Not really. Not right now. I am happy with my acting. These pictures that you see of various dresses are my designs, by the way. They are made of foam. Nisha has even tried them on, and she looked beautiful.

Q. What about a gallery of your paintings?
A. I am saving that for the day I retire (laughs).

- Chandana H. Buch | TellyCafe.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thnx for the article
din't know that he could paint
nisha is here to!!

Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nasco

thnx for the article
din't know that he could paint
nisha is here to!!

Hmm, that's great that they can both paint.  Very creative!
thnx for this...
sum1 plz tel the reporters not to include questions abt nisha.. karan fir chup hi nhi hota hai.!
Richie.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I will like to read one interview of karan's without nisha.........even the reporters should avoid it........  🤔
precious_zeba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article...

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
i wanted t be Fashion desginer too
 i should take some lession from u hehe
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the article

I think if he doesnt concentrate on his acting, he will soon be retiring and then make use of his gallery of paintings
naveenaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good interview...............so he is a painter.great..........but again nisha here.....
VivaciousBhavya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thnxx 4 d article
he's really a mixture of various talents😳