1/3-Sid/Ridh:Please sirf rang barse...gussa nahi!

nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

The recent holi promo has conjured, in my eyes, a misconception i.e. "Riddhima wanted Sid to like her and now that he is hugging her she pushes him away"

VERY FINE LINE-between acting cordially and acting intrusively and that is where Sid has surpassed the limit.

Since their marriage, Riddhima only expects "friendship" from Sid. She asserts the same in the letter she writes to him, and also delivers her request in the physical form illustrated by her behaviour; always being respectful towards Sid whether it be the tone she uses when speaking to him, or body language. This, psychologically, is a method we use when we want the responding person to treat us in a certain manner, i.e "treat others the way you want to be treated yourself".

However, ever since Yuvi, inadvertently, sowed the seed in Sid's mind of being a "dominant male" in the relationship, Sid's behaviour has indeed got a lot more aggressive towards Riddhima. Additionally, he has more reason to feel the need to take advantage of the situation before him as given Riddhima's recent attitude he believes:
a) She WANTS him to "make a move" due the confusion of the "honeymoon package letter" and so now he has taken an averse route- he thinks "if she wants a husband that is what she will get".... yet instead of a being a gentle and considerate, we see him instead being overly zealous.
and
b) That she won't fight back against him due to her "wifey conduct" . This has been problematic and Sid, mistakenly believes, she is acting. By repeatedly hurting her, he feels that this avatar will disappear, she will break and consequently return back to the Riddhima he had met in the Airport- angry, irrational and self-obsessed. However, I'm sure he believes that Riddhima is not an easy one to give up so easily, therefore he is biding his time just to push her that much further!

Bearing this in mind, we now observe the holi promo, where Sid is obviously exceeding personal boundaries Riddhima has put up between them. "Dosti tak to teek tha, par ye apna-pan kya hota hai?" (Anjali, K3G)!
Riddhima is seen completely unsettled, whilst a drunk Sid dances around her. At certain points we see him grasping onto Riddhima's arms shaking her around, persistently pushing the glass of thandai towards her mouth, pulling her dupatta, and then right at the end, he has her locked in his arms, staring into her tense eyes, her disconcert obvious as she struggles to release his hold. At one point we see her realise that his actions are deliberate which is where she then finally shoves him away!

Putting a relateable, personal spin on this-if my friend whom I neither had feelings for, nor were we informally close, behaved in such a manner with me, I would probably have slapped him or done something the same as Riddhima. Simply describing Sid's actions has got me irritated, it would be a whole different situation if I was experiencing it altogether! This is me trying to analyse Riddhima btw, I have no problems with Sidster (<3)whatsoever =)

Please comment!
OVER AND OUT! x
Edited by nm21 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful post.
It tells us both Sid-ridz state of mind.
I myself have been feeling irritated with Sid but your post made  me see him in a different light too.I can now somewhat understand why he is behaving like this.
I think Sid is just more and more confused  seeing Riddhimma like this as he hasn't seen her acting like this ever.She never was the one who wanted to make their relationship work and now she suddenly is doing so many things for her marriage.It will take Sid a little time to get used to this.
Coming to the ending of your post,If now Riddhima slaps Sid ,I for one wouldnt be too suprised as he has clearly crossed a boundary for whatever misunderstanding he may have done that.its still the same situation.
But I still hope they Improve the situation and bring back my cute smiling,happy go lucky Sid
Edited by MagicalKash - 14 years ago
wow.......very nice post yaar...................

good to see people r  understanding sids perspective as well........instead of bashing him left right centre..............

nyctophilia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ topic maker u've very nicely summed up the whole SR scenario...i liked the way u have jotted down the SR situation n the promo bit...excellent,beautiful n awesome... 👍🏼 👍🏼

I agree that all riddhima wantd from siddhant was frndshp n she mentioned that in the letter too..but unfortunately sid hasnt read the letter yet...i appreciate riddhima's all efforts of giving this relation a chance n to start it wid frndshp...but her step of suicide attempt is going against her efforts...though she is genuine this tym siddhant dsnt believe her..her efforts are going in vain...i knw sid has pushed this a bit further and he is absolutely wrong here..and yes riddhima's discomfort was visible wen siddhant came close to her...but i can understand sid's state of mind too..he is going thru a very ugly phase in his life as of now..he has blinded all his logics to think wat is right and wrong in terms of behaviour..he just thinks riddhima is faking n acting..its difficult for him to digest riddhima's sudden change...both of them r goin thru a testing period n both of them r bruised from within....they are surrounded with the vicious circle of misunderstanding and utter disbelief...coming to the end of ur post yes i wont be surprised if riddhima slaps sid coz he has provoked riddhima enuf to do so,coz there is a certain limit of tolerance n now sid has surpassed his limit....i hope this misunderstanding gets solved soon....coz i dont want to see either of them in pain n being hurt now..both siddhant n riddhima have had their share of pain n agony...lets see wat happens in the coming track... 😊 😊 😊
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
I agree with you , sweetz. Personally, Sid needs:

1. To read the letter that Riddze wrote to him.
2. To be jolted out of this self-destructive anger and angst.
3. To be told off by Riddzie. Ek chaanta bhi zaroori hai.

Those darned 'Honeymoon package' tickets have ticked Sid off the wrong way - Riddz appears little more than a drama queen to Sid and as you said he wants her to come off to it and be what he initially thought her to be - a self-obsessed brat. To make matters worse , he is DRUNK!

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Good post 😊

I agree with Pocu, Sid's needs to do all the things mentioned

Also i have noticed Sid these days tends to crowd Ridz and her personal space and she gets alittle conscious and uncomfortable
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Good post 😊

I agree with Pocu, Sid's needs to do all the things mentioned

Also i have noticed Sid these days tends to crowd Ridz and her personal space and she gets alittle conscious and uncomfortable

Yeah and he is doing all this deliberately, to make her uncomfortable and scare her.😆....he is waiting for her to scream her lungs out and deliver a chaanta , so that he can say - Dekha! Aisi hii ho tum!😡
😡
gina-101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

I agree with you , sweetz. Personally, Sid needs:

1. To read the letter that Riddze wrote to him.
2. To be jolted out of this self-destructive anger and angst.

Those darned 'Honeymoon package' tickets have ticked Sid off the wrong way - Riddz appears little more than a drama queen to Sid and as you said he wants her to come off to it and be what he initially thought her to be - a self-obsessed brat. To make matters worse , he is DRUNK!

Hi i am Sort Of New to this Forum But have been A silent reader for some time .. I dnt Know your Name

😲 How Many More Chaata's To Poor Siddy Widdy??? Please Spare Him 😆
Rush_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yeah and he is doing all this deliberately, to make her uncomfortable and scare her.😆....he is waiting for her to scream her lungs out and deliver a chaanta , so that he can say - Dekha! Aisi hii ho tum!😡
😡

ha ha !!! so funny

Originally posted by: gina-101

Hi i am Sort Of New to this Forum But have been A silent reader for some time .. I dnt Know your Name

😲 How Many More Chaata's To Poor Siddy Widdy??? Please Spare Him 😆

@blu..exactly....plzzzzzz spare our siddy widdy