26/2 - Sid-Riddz Angst: Fury makes us unreasonable

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey daffodils!

Nahiin! Nahiin ! Nahiin!.... (Reaction shots like Pallavi Aggarwal of KGGK and that too thrice for good effect 😳).... Nahiin! Ye post Sexyface aur Ickyface ke baare mein nahiin hai. πŸ˜†... I am just raising an issue in here picking up the example of Sid-Riddz.

Riddhima , in her worst anger and prejudice slapped Sid more than three times , got him arrested twice , got him beaten up by cops in front of her , accused him of molestation , humiliated him at every given chance , misunderstood him , accused him of rape and am forgetting rest of the favours she did to him in her anger...

Siddhanth , in his stung ego and accused innocence , wounded Riddhima by his words , fought like cats and dogs with her, went to the extent of clicking indecent pictures and being unintentionally involved in her dishonour , and now his hurtful treatment of Riddhima.....

My point is that why does temper and revenge always make us lose sight of reason, logic and sensitivity? What comes over us that we forget the difference between right and wrong? Why do we find it so difficult to forgive and give ourselves and the other person another chance? Why do we behave like a boomerang who wants to cause hurt because we are hurt? Why anger drives us to our immature and insensitive worst? Even the best of people show fleeting colours of demons when they are stung......

Think it over.

P.S- The post is NOT about Sid-Riddz and I hope I don't see your POV of them as I only used them as an example . I want to see your POV of yourself
and how you see yourself in these situations.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Anger really isnt something you can control but there is a limit, and like Sid i guess you always take it out on someone esp the one who has hurt you and also i have been in a position where i have done what Sid has like hit a pillar or a wall in a angry state so somehow when you hurt yourself it kinda makes you feel relieved in that and taken your anger out on something
interesting topic poco!!
I personally try to look at things from a very realistic or practical point of view, i always try to put myself in some1 else shoes to understand if i can understand their situation better!!
There are times when i do act cuckoo but then i get hold of myself!! I tend to listen to my head more than my heart!
I would never even try to humiliate or insult a person even if he / she has done it, i don't remember doing it in my life till now!!
My policy in life is simple i do undo others wht i want others to do unto me.....the second commandment is fav!!!

I never let things affect me, i always keep myself in a shell and there are only few occasions when things to affect and when they do, it takes a while for me to get over them!!! - weird i know but that's me!!😊

talking it out solves most of the issues!

Generally speaking - yes people tend to lose reason when angry, he channel all their energy in hurting the person in the best way possible cause they are hurt!

i have never being in the situation u mentioned nor i can see myself in one, right now!
hope i didn't ramble in ur post and stuck to ur topic

cheers poco!
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice post !!!!

I am myself short-tempered....lolz.....but somehow can still differentiate between right and wrong to some extent atleast.....and I can also control my anger.....lolz......but yes when provoked badly, don't expect me to sit back and count from 1to 10.πŸ˜†.....so if I would have been in Sid's place I would have not let all that happen to me in the first place....I would have thrashed her then onlyπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....and now I would have given her atleast one chance....it shows on her face that she regrets her past actions, me thinks......πŸ˜ƒ
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Anger really isnt something you can control but there is a limit, and like Sid i guess you always take it out on someone esp the one who has hurt you and also i have been in a position where i have done what Sid has like hit a pillar or a wall in a angry state so somehow when you hurt yourself it kinda makes you feel relieved in that and taken your anger out on something

Yes, Lennzie. I have observed this in myself and other people as well. We take out our anger on people we know who will not shout back at us - people we feel we can take our angst out on. I know it is immature and rather insensitive but that is how our sensibilities work when we our angry. We always look for soft targets who will just hear us out.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kai_Hiwatari

interesting topic poco!!

I personally try to look at things from a very realistic or practical point of view, i always try to put myself in some1 else shoes to understand if i can understand their situation better!!
There are times when i do act cuckoo but then i get hold of myself!! I tend to listen to my head more than my heart!
I would never even try to humiliate or insult a person even if he / she has done it, i don't remember doing it in my life till now!!
My policy in life is simple i do undo others wht i want others to do unto me.....the second commandment is fav!!!

That is quite a talent, Kaister because 90% people break fury fists completely on instinct. We get hurt and we strike back. If you can take time and patience to have a cool-headed view , then you are a gifted angel.

I never let things affect me, i always keep myself in a shell and there are only few occasions when things to affect and when they do, it takes a while for me to get over them!!! - weird i know but that's me!!😊

talking it out solves most of the issues!

The best deal is to stay in your shell, seriously. You save a lot of peace and energy and you also get the sensibility to think over things in a larger view.

Generally speaking - yes people tend to lose reason when angry, he channel all their energy in hurting the person in the best way possible cause they are hurt!

One of the greatest shortcomings of human nature.

i have never being in the situation u mentioned nor i can see myself in one, right now!
hope i didn't ramble in ur post and stuck to ur topic

cheers poco!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Starry_night

Nice post !!!!

Thanks Pri!πŸ€—

I am myself short-tempered....lolz.....but somehow can still differentiate between right and wrong to some extent atleast.....and I can also control my anger.....lolz......but yes when provoked badly, don't expect me to sit back and count from 1to 10.πŸ˜†.....so if I would have been in Sid's place I would have not let all that happen to me in the first place....I would have thrashed her then onlyπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....and now I would have given her atleast one chance....it shows on her face that she regrets her past actions, me thinks......πŸ˜ƒ

You are blunt , honest and a bubble gum . That is what i love about you.You are right. One shouldn't give the other person a chance to load you with more garbage than you can handle. It is important to whack and stop people the very moment they begin to cross their limits.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
WOW Poco. I know I can count on your for your adorable and sensible posts⭐️⭐️. Yup anger makes us blind with fury and you end up saying words that you don't mean and do actions that you wish you could take back. I myself was in these situations a lot of times and I wish I had better control on the things I did and words I said.  Yup believe me people also did those things to me when they were angry. The funny part is I kind of forgot the things I said/they said when we both were angry. The hard part is I never ever forget the things other said when they were angry and I was sane. So many times it happens that you are trying to be peaceful and not end up having a big fight but the other party has already reached their breaking point and doing things that hurt you left and right. Those are the things I still remember and somehow they don't go away no matter how much I say to myself that the words came out when they were angry.

Here even though Sid is angry I think Riddhima is going to take a long time to heal from Sid's insults as she is sane and Sid crossed his breaking point.😲😲😲 It feels very hurtful to be in Riddhima's shoes just like it was to be in Sid's shoes in Jan. Guess it is way of life.
Edited by psarada - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psarada

WOW Poco. I know I can count on your for your adorable and sensible posts⭐️⭐️. Yup anger makes us blind with fury and you end up saying words that you don't mean and do actions that you wish you could take back. I myself was in these situations a lot of times and I wish I had better control on the things I did and words I said.  Yup believe me people also did those things to me when they were angry. The funny part is I kind of forgot the things I said/they said when we both were angry. The hard part is I never ever forget the things other said when they were angry and I was sane. So many times it happens that you are trying to be peaceful and not end up having a big fight but the other party has already reached their breaking point and doing things that hurt you left and right. Those are the things I still remember and somehow they don't go away no matter how much I say to myself that the words came out when they were angry.

Here even though Sid is angry I think Riddhima is going to take a long time to heal from Sid's insults as she is sane and Sid crossed his breaking point.😲😲😲 It feels very hurtful to be in Riddhima's shoes just like it was to be in Sid's shoes in Jan. Guess it is way of life.

I can see where you are coming from ,Sarady.I think anger is mostly instinctive and when it springs on impulse, we often have no control over our tongue and we end up saying things we can't believe are coming out of our mouths... happens. And it is tough to mend fences in those situations. But you cannot take the whole blame. You are not evil and you did and said things because you were pushed to your limits You are only human.....

Like they say... we may forget what they said but we will never forget how they made us feel.

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think the reason we really take out our anger at others is that deep down we want someone to understand what we are going through.We hurt them the same way we were hurt to show them exactly how it feels...of course this isn't justified but its human nature.

Like you I am also going to take Sid and Ridzie's example......The emotions Ridz went through when she thought Armaan had left her because of that accident are the same what Sid is going through now because of her suicide attempt - rejection and humiliation.
And I can relate to these emotions very well because I have experienced them and because of that I have been rude to people who didnt even deserve it...now that I think back on it, I feel so ashamed of myself.
But that's the thing......when you are so deeply hurt or angry,you cant see logic or sense.You just want to lash out at anything or anyone so that the pain inside you stops....what we dont realise is that we are causing even more damage.

Btw great post.😳
Edited by sidsk - 14 years ago