DOTW : Unfortunate events: impact on peoples lives

aj_observer thumbnail
Hello All,

I am here with the discussion topic of the week.

As the title says , Unfortunate events and their impact on our lives. Let me put it in perspective.

Gunjan has been shot . She almost was lost and made a comeback. She knew now she can't walk , she is paralyzed. The accident changed everything in her life.  She has to understand and assimilate the fact and As a mature young lady she will.  So here are my questions:

• Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ?
  • How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ? He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .
  • Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ?
  • She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ?

Forget the social message angle , But in reality this goondas will getaway with the help of political figures .

• Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?
  • What do you think is the right punishment for people like this ?
  • Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?

While answering these questions ,Please follow the guidelines for discussion

• Absolutely No comparisons
  • Criticism is very helpful, but refrain from using strong and abusive vocabulary. It is not criticism.
  • No one is better than the other. In reality we all are unique and so are the characters.
  • Before you go hot and heavy , take a minute to think is it going to rile up the others.
  • Please don't quote and requote so many times. Address the person you want to talk to and put forward your POV.
  • Please this is not for feeling bad or condolences post. Bad things happen in reality too.
  • This not about who acted the best or who rocked the day or whose expressions sucked.

Remember we all are friends and Happy discussions.

PS: I was asked to make the DOTW by the DT so before you get upset, please contact DT.

nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
great topic anu...

now to the questions...

*Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ?
its hardly possible .....what she faced is not a everyday thing
it will sure have its strong effect on her

*How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ?
He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .

yes its going to affect their relationship most..
as we see now samrat has turned more
protective and has come to know her worth in his life
more than ever....to such an extent that he proposed her,
something that he never planned to do and never believed in
alas that gunjan does not know it ..may be if she did that could
change the future course of events

*Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ?
she has been always adored by all in her family...
sure they are going to be more attentive and caring towards
her ..more so now that she will need them beside her for a
time being until gets grip over the new life and its hardships

*She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ?

nupur as seen numerous times has been mother to her
more than being just the elder sibling ...now nupur sure will play
major part in helping her get adjusted to her life ahead....help
her get back her zeal to live and confidence in herself

*Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?
well in real life it rarely does but this is a show and in the
end of all events they have to show justice is being done

*What do you think is the right punishment for people like this ?
difficult to think of...for rape i rightfully think capital punishment
is needed at least it puts fear in the minds of such sick natured
people.
eve-teasers too should be dealt with strict laws..

*Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?

the leads should be able to get the whole excel and other colleges together
to raise their voice to its maxim and also talk directly to media as in current times
its media that plays major role in generating public opinion and bringing justice too at times

Edited by nanditasingh - 14 years ago
.MohitzPari. thumbnail
aww awsome discussion dear!!!! will comment later!!!

Originally posted by: aj_observer

Hello All,

I am here with the discussion topic of the week.

As the title says , Unfortunate events and their impact on our lives. Let me put it in perspective.

Gunjan has been shot . She almost was lost and made a comeback. She knew now she can't walk , she is paralyzed. The accident changed everything in her life.  She has to understand and assimilate the fact and As a mature young lady she will.  So here are my questions:

Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ? - Maybe not, because it's sad she has to tolerate the condition she is in currently. Hope Gunjan gets better.
    How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ? He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .   - It does impact SG relationship because Samrat has to fully understand his feelings for Gunjan. Who knows, he might propose to her again but probably in a different way.
    Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ? - Probably they might help her walk again.
  • She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ? - She will become her guide and help in any of Gunjan's needs like whenever Gunjan needs her.

Forget the social message angle , But in reality this goondas will getaway with the help of political figures .

Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?  - It should be. What do you think is the right punishment for people like this ? - I think it will be better if they execute the criminal.
  • Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?  - Since it's a youth based show, they should be getting back to college.

While answering these questions ,Please follow the guidelines for discussion

Absolutely No comparisons Criticism is very helpful, but refrain from using strong and abusive vocabulary. It is not criticism. No one is better than the other. In reality we all are unique and so are the characters. Before you go hot and heavy , take a minute to think is it going to rile up the others. Please don't quote and requote so many times. Address the person you want to talk to and put forward your POV. Please this is not for feeling bad or condolences post. Bad things happen in reality too.
  • This not about who acted the best or who rocked the day or whose expressions sucked.

Remember we all are friends and Happy discussions.

PS: I was asked to make the DOTW by the DT so before you get upset, please contact DT.

Edited by Mumbaichic - 14 years ago
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
to begin with Great topic Aj 👍🏼

Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ?

nope as d promo line 2 says kuch hadse zindagi badal dete hai
had it only ended at her being shot perhaps it would have been a bit diff but yet possible 4 her 2 revert back but now having being paralyzed she'll see life in anew light things will change & so will she

d once calm sober gunjan may actually turn into someone with a temper & really diff to manage person she may get quirky owing 2 her condition which i suppose will be d state of anyone in her place , even after she recovers( so hope she does) things wont be d same like b4 over all

How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ? He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .

abt d proposal i m in doubt too she was in coma a chance she has no idea or now after this news she may refuse 4 obvious reasons even if she does

yes this will be a huge testing time 4 SaJan it wont be d candy floss romance that their love will go thru life's most testing time 4 em has just begun but es only 2 bond them closer than ever before & stronger too

Sam will really have a lot 2 take he'll be truly 1 character 2 look out 4 in this track with so many things 4 him 2 look for 

Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ?

i really m clueless bauji seems like he's sleepwalking thru d part, nups as we know by d promo with mayu will revolt Dia & uday will follow mayur & Sam's lead bui is off 2 morena i suppose

She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ?

Nups as d promo shows will be in d forefront of d revolt & yes she'll too be a pillar 4 gunji other than Sam

Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?

nope hon practical thinking tells u it wont happen unless d CV's really take on RDB 100% but then it'll mean d gang taking d law in their hands & all dead in d end not appealing nor a good social message too unless they really play a master stroke here pulling a cat out of their bag but we know in India d youth suffers always

What do you think is the right punishment for people like this?

such ppl shd be hanged in public along with rapists & molesters

Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?

m not sure really but wanna see what exactly they show as i think d build up is gr8 & going by today's episode & d precap for d upcoming week i think if handled well will be awesome

Edited by aahana86 - 14 years ago
aj_observer thumbnail

LOL...don't you guys think execution and hanging are litle extreme punishments....law will always give hte person a benefit of doubt...

How will the family help her...what would they do.....I hate the pep talks and cheering up that is being shown...for me it mocks me that I can't do much.....

i want people to stop treating her like an invalid....she may be...doesn't mean they have to rub it on her face....

I rather see my patients positive and self suficient...than moping and depressed....
nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
not in case of rape atleast...

Edited by nanditasingh - 14 years ago
aj_observer thumbnail

@nandita...I am not a lawyer...but it seldom happens in case of rape victims....

@ all.....as important it is justice is served....how will one define what is the right punishment.....LOL ...

Is anyone thinking of women's rights...women are often portrayed as weaker sex and we are the victims .....so why not.... why not involve women's rights protection cell as a support instead of showing main leads as the mahaans....

There is a system in place....it is the ignorance and lazyness of people that prevents the justice served at the right time.....what is the point in punishing the culprit after 10 years....

Political angle...let me say it...so far none...it is all drama.....students tend to take things at hand and often times situations become complex due to the involvement.....

I can tell you this as a recent example ...telanagana movement in Adhrapradesh was initiated by Politicians which at a later point was totally taken a wrong turn due to involvement of students....Things got destryoyed , people lost lives.....the division which was never there became quite visible.....On an average 200 crores income was lost per day.....

So Is it wise for sudents to step outside the boundaries of law.....and take thingsn in ti their hands...

What is MJHT is aiming at.....
pj52 thumbnail
Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ?
   No definitely not, she might lose her hopes. Today when Sammy will propose her, the impact on her will not be the same. She might refuse thinking that she is disabled now and he is doing it out of sympathy.

How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ? He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .
   Gunjan might try to avoid Samrat since she might think that she is not the same Gunjan he loved. But ultimately Samrat will bring the confidence back. He might realize her that their love is not physical but its connected from heart. What if something similar happend to Samrat, he might remind her when he was in jail how she trusted him. It might shake due to insecurities but will come back to normal.

Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ?
   Bauji after seeing Samrat so concerned for Gunjan and seeing that his love didnt shake even after knowing that Gunjan is paralytic, he will trust him even more and respect their love.
   Whereas from Samrat's family, since his mom is going to visit pretty soon, it might be possible that she is a doctor who might help Gunjan walk which will even remove the bitterness between Samrat and his mom.

She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ?
  Nupur has always been there for her when she need her. She is like a mom to her who will give her emotional support. But this time she might help Gunjan understand what Samrat went thru when she was in coma and can make Samrat understand Gunjan's state of mind when she might turn her face away from him due to distress.

Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?
  Time and again we have seen that justice is ultimately served. After all the sufferings the politician will be exposed and his brother will be in jail. Now when Gunjan is out of coma, she will realize that it is her duty to help Adhiraj as she the main prime witness in this case.

What do you think is the right punishment for people like this ?
  From my point of view,  poiltician's ticket and future rights to contest again should be taken so that he cannot become a political leader and lead the country in the wrong direction. As far as his brother is concerned, he should get life imprisonment so that every moment, he should realize the pain he might have given to numerous people in his life. Today he is not even realizing his mistake and asking everyone to forget the event but on getting just one blow on his face he became aggressive. He should also go thru the pain which Gunjan , her family and her friends are going thru.

Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?
  The track should definitely give a social message to fight against the corruption, but simultaneously the message of unity. If you have your family and friends with you anything is possible with their wishes. They should show Gunjan recovering from their wishes. Also, I would like sammy getting united with his mom and bauji clearing his misunderstandings towards Mayank.

wickedangel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

First of all, awesome questions dude...here is my two cents:

• Will Gunjan be the same person before the accident ?

No it will definitely change gunjan but i think in a good way...because gunjan has always been the strongest person in the entire gang and her character always shines the most when she is going thru a really hard time...like when she loved sam and stayed with him even when he was going out with sheena...if anyone can deal with this shock and still come out with a positive attitude, its gunjan...if anyone can fight this, its gunjan...

• How does it impact Gunjan & Samrat relationship ? He proposed to her ,but she doesn't know it .

I dont know how much she remembers about her time when she was in a coma but this will definitely change a lot of things for her...because gunjan loves sam to bits and she always wants the best for him...so now she will think that if she stayed with him then it will only cause problems in his life and will hold him back....so she will try to break up with him but sam wont allow that to happen....he knows gunjan just as well as she knows him so he would know exactly what she is thinkin and wouldn leave her no matter how much she tries to drive him away....this really would make a great track cuz it would show just how much they love each other and are willing to even fight each other for each other's happiness..

• Where will rest of her family fit in to the new scenario ?

Gunjan has always been the baby of the family and now she would have to appear really strong for their sake cuz its really gonna hurt her family to see her in this condition

• She was asking for her sister when she woke up. What role will Nupur play ?

Nupur has always been there for gunjan and even now she will want to help as much as she can but i think that gunjan is gonna try to distance herself from even nupur so as to not cause too much trouble for her since nupur is newly married and already has a lot of issues in her life right now....gunjan would prolly want to do this on her own without anyone's help

• Going forward Do you think justice will be served ?

If this was real life then i would say no but since its mjht...yeah they will get the bad guy eventually...and hopefully samrat will beat the living daylights out of him....

• What do you think is the right punishment for people like this ?

I really cant say cuz thats for the justice system to decide but i think it should be severe enough to make people think twice before they do anything like this again...

• Putting the drama often MJHT focuses on , How do you want the track to proceed ?

I want this track to be about gunjan...her fight to get justice, her fight to deal with the rough hand that life has dealt her.....her finally realizing just how much she means to samrat and how imp she is in everyone's life....